Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2nd Annual Lancaster Winter Classic Pattern - D-7 Season Opener - Feb. 15th and 16th

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2nd Annual Lancaster Winter Classic Pattern - D-7 Season Opener - Feb. 15th and 16th

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:03 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Annual Lancaster Winter Classic Pattern - D-7 Season Opener - Feb. 15th and 16th

Hi all! I will be holding on February 15th and 16th the 2nd Annual AVTI Winter Pattern Classic. These are two one-day contests with AMA/F3A on Saturday, February 15th. Sunday, February 16th is for CPA, Classic Pattern.

On the 15th for Masters, if there is enough interest I will offer the Masters P-15 that has interest in this district. I'm going to hold to Sean Mersh's suggestion and will only offer it if we will have at least 4 in both Masters and P-15. If not, we will revert back to regular Masters.

F3A will fly P-15 only.

In Classic Pattern all CPA classes will be offered. Vintage models are encouraged but not required, especially in Pre-Novice and Novice. I'll be unhappy if anyone shows up with a modern 2-meter, but the intent is more about flying the classic patterns, not hung up on the model. I may have a special award for the best "Vintage" model!

Please send your registration to me at [email protected]. Registration may also be done on the NSRCA website. Let me know what class you will be flying on each day. I want to start as early as possible and pre-registration really helps that out. I'm aiming for 8:30 launch of the first round.

Fees will be $25 for a day, $40 for both days. Lunch is included in the fee.

You can see more info on the location at avti.org.

Let's kick off the 2014 D-7 Season!

Hope to see you there!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Group.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1961655  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 AM
KLXMASTER14

Hey Tony,
I will send you my latest Master's pattern.
-Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75601.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1963592  
Old 02-16-2014, 09:33 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Well, we had a total blast today! 11 pilots entered and we got in 3 rounds of great flying. The wind picked up a bit but it was right down the runway. But by the end of the 3rd round most were ready to head home after a fantastic day of Classic Pattern!

There was some great competition in all the classes and a real surprising last round flight by Mike Whitacre! Ask someone to tell the story of his flight. It was also great to see Kevin Gribben attend the contest and fly some really entertaining flights! A big thank you to Kevin and West Wings for donating some gifts.

A really Big Thank You again to Mike and Jean Greear for the scoring and awards. Thanks to Preston Knepper of AVTI for the great food. And to Vic Anderson for judging. All this really helps to make for a great day!

With the AMA/F3A events yesterday and the Classic fun today, me and Barkley are really worn out! But we're both looking forward to the next event.

Here are the results,

Novice
1. Don Fox - 182.00
2. Mike Whitacre - 156.00
3. Mack Moffat - 151.75

Advanced
1. Doug Woodward - 183.00
2. Jamie Schoolcraft - 182.00
3. Scott Holmes - 174.25
4. Cal Orr - 166.00

Masters
1. Tony Frackowiak - 842.50