Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2015 AVTI Winter Classic Pattern Contest 2/8/15

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2015 AVTI Winter Classic Pattern Contest 2/8/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:04 AM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 AVTI Winter Classic Pattern Contest 2/8/15

The Antelope Valley Tailwinds and the Classic Pattern Association is pleased to announce the 2015 Winter Classic Pattern Contest, February 8th, 2015 at the Antelope Valley Tailwinds airfield in Lancaster, California. Your CD is Tony Frackowiak. Lunch will be available at the airfield. All CPA classes will be offered, with trophies to third place. Please see attached flier for additional details.

Best regards,
Robert Fish
West Coast Regional Director
Classic Pattern Association
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
avti winter classic 2015.pdf (53.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-28-2015, 07:34 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

If you're coming please register at,

http://nsrca.us/index.php/list-event...attern-contest

Helps get things going early. Looking forward to starting the Classic season!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

The Sunday Classic contest put a cap on a great weekend of Aerobatic competition at the Tailwinds field. The weekend starts on Saturday with an AMA/F3A 1-day contest then moves on to the Classic events on Sunday. We had good enough weather to get in 3 rounds for both events. It would have been nice to have had a few more entrants on Saturday, especially from central and northern CA, but I guess unless our forecast is for sunshine and roses some stay away.

As Robert mentioned the Sunday Classic event outdrew the AMA contest and I am very happy to see that! The Classic participation keeps growing and it tells me that there is a place for an R/C Aerobatics competition with the one-maneuver-per-pass style. It seems to me that it is drawing in the people who cannot commit to the investment in time and money required for the current AMA/F3A events. It is easy to see that these events have a much friendlier, laid back tone then the AMA contests. Makes for everyone really enjoying themselves!

I want to thank all that entered. Without you we would have nothing! I would also like to thank Mike and Jean Greear for the score tabulation, Preston Knepper for doing his usual great job with preparing lunch. Vic Anderson came out and volunteered to judge. And to the AVTI club for the great field and location! We have a great facility in the Antelope Valley, one of the best in Southern California. And we also have a large number of members that are involved in Pattern flying.

Here are the results,

Pre-Novice
1. James Whitacre 2000.00
2. Marta Horvath 1972.112

Novice
1. Chris Mahoney 2000.00
2. Lonnie Morrison 1821.678
3. Jonathan Rinde 1805.647
4. Mike Whitacre 1757.788
5. Ron Russell 1754.508

Advanced
1. Don Fox 2000.00
2. Tak Takayama 1994.898
3. Scott Holmes 1893.710
4. Cal Orr 1891.240
5. Paul Rinde 1862.460

Expert
1. Jamie Schoolcraft 2000.00

Masters
1. Tony Frackowiak 871.750
2. Robert Fish 839.750

It's really great to see the Pre-Novice and Novice entrants. Also we're getting a pretty competitive Advanced class! And I finally got to give away some Expert awards with Jamie entering the Class.

I couldn't imagine a better start to the 2015 season! I hope that groups in the rest of the country look at what's happening here in the Southwest. I really feel with just a bit of promotion you can get the same kind of fun as we are enjoying!