Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Need some foam cores

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some foam cores

Well, Bruce Underwood, Steve Byrum and the rest of the SPA crew have gotten me all hot and bothered to go back to pattern flying and Steve's new Open class has made it worse. I can't make it to Cullman this weekend due to work committments but I hope this class works out because I'd like to get into it next season. I have two oldies in this class that need some foam cores. One is a Tiger Tail III that bounced off the ground at around 150 mph back when FM was a new thing. It has a damaged and overweight wing and I'd like to build a new one. The other is a Brushfire that made it through a mid-air but lost a wing tip and some of the stab in the process. The other plane didn't even flinch. Anyway, if if there is someone who can cut me a set of cores for either of these planes or who has a set gathering dust I'd love to hear about it. My alternative is to talk an ex-pattern pilot out of a TT II that has some VERY old Rhoms. Any leads are much appreciated.

Rick H.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need some foam cores

Try http://www.dbalsa.com/
Old 10-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need some foam cores

Rick,

I don't have templates for the Tiger Tail III, but if you can make templates and give me the dimensions for the wings I can cut you a set. If anyone has a set of plans and I could get a copy, I could make templates from that and make you a set of wings. As far as the Brushfire goes, you've got it made as I kit the Brushfire. Wing/stab are available as well as a full kit. Contact me at [email protected] and I'll give you the info I need for the TT wing/stab. I am going to attach a picture of the Brushfire... a really great flying plane for the "open" class.

Dan

Carolina Custom Aircraft
Rougemont, NC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig10987.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	335098