Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Hello: My name is Warren, and I am addicted to the Kaos...

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hello: My name is Warren, and I am addicted to the Kaos...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello: My name is Warren, and I am addicted to the Kaos...

Over the last 25 years of flying, I keep finding a Kaos in my workshop...

I'll build it, fly it for awhile, then sell it off to make room for a new project, then somehow another one appears...

I think the addiction started in the 1980-1982 era. While all my friends were moving up to Dirty Birdy's, Phoenix VIII's, Curare's, Tiporare's, UFO's, piped Rossi's, the first pumped OS .60's and more... There I was with my Supertigre .60 Blue Head in My Kaos (not the super, just the standard), still smoking them in competition all the way up to advanced

Anyway, I came home last night, and on the front porch was yet another Tower Kaos .40, and I just happened to have a good reliable Tower .46 motor to stick in it... Must have ordered it in my sleep or something...

I guess there is just something simple and fun about this wonderful platform that tugs at my soul...

Just thought I'd share.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hello: My name is Warren, and I am addicted to the Kaos...

That’s odd! The same thing happened to me but in less than a month it disappeared and a credit showed up on my Tower account including all shipping cost????? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 03-17-2006, 06:57 PM
jlingrel

My name is John, and I am addicted to the KAOS. I did a census in my garage the other day, found I have two almost built (one is really a re-build), a 40 size all built, a Killer Kaos in the box and a 19 size kit cutter special just waiting from some glue. How do you get rid of this, it is wrecking my family life. And keeping engines around for all of them is getting expensive to where I may have to start stealing lolipops from children to buy them. HELP HELP HELP

John
Old 03-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's being pasted on through this website and thread. In the last two months, well actually eight months, I have purchased, the Super Kaos Jr. plans from RCM (considering the super kaos), purchased on ebay a Tower Kaos kit, and the Utter Chaos 40 from Bridi Airplanes. Not to mention the 2 Kaos canopies and 2 Dirty Birdy canopies coming in from Tower Hobbies. Have plans of the Dirty Birdy 40. Don't want help for this condition, just a name for it.

Jim
Old 03-17-2006, 07:45 PM
XTOL

Im afraid its an addiction for which there is no treatment
other than indulgence. Im completely hooked after building
a Bridi Super Kaos last winter.

For this flying season Im attempting to substitute an Ultra Sport
60 for the Kaos. I hear that the Ultra Sport "buzz" is just as good.

Mike Hammer
Old 03-17-2006, 09:03 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: XTOL

Im afraid its an addiction for which there is no treatment
Oh but I beg to differ! I have it on good sound medical authority that if you take 6 oz. of pure bakers castor oil and dance naked around a red Ugly Stik on the night of a full moon, it cures the addiction, or at least opens you up to other ideas.[sm=bananahead.gif]

Long live the Kaos and its master, Joe Bridi.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:31 AM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

ORIGINAL: CCRC1

Oh but I beg to differ! I have it on good sound medical authority that if you take 6 oz. of pure bakers castor oil and dance naked around a red Ugly Stik on the night of a full moon, it cures the addiction, or at least opens you up to other ideas.[sm=bananahead.gif]
The 13th step to a 12 step program..... Not a pretty one... but sounds like either way, you are up "Ships creek" with out a paddle.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Paternguy
My Feedback: (1)

I have to confess that there is a KIller Kaos on my bench now, (this is number 11).
Old 03-18-2006, 09:39 AM
matt13

I'm an addict too, I was still going to school when I first saw one in a model magizne. I just had to have one. I finally got a kit and have since built and crashed more of them than I can remember. All the ones I have made since are scratch built from the kit plans(i traced the wing ribs) and can now make one in two weeks. They have all been the forty sized version and I do have a set of 60 size plans so one day I will do one for a OS61FX to see if it is even better than the 40 size.
Matthew.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66001.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	428328  
Old 03-18-2006, 11:38 PM
mmattockx

OK, I am not an addict (yet, anyways...), but I did cut my aerobatics teeth on a Direct Connection Kaos 40, a fair number of years ago. Can some of the more *ahem* veteran forum members enlighten me as to the progression of the Kaos models and the differences between them? Such as the Killer, Ultra, Super, etc. What are they and when did they come along in the list?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-19-2006, 06:29 AM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

I am addicted also . For some reason there's five Killer Chaos kits, one Utter
Chaos 60 kit, three Super Kaos 60 kit, three Super Kaos 40 kits, and a Kaos 60
kit in the storeroom. A Sun Fli 4-20 kit showed up yesterday because the Sun
Fli 5 was lonely.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Mturowski

I have two Kaos' built from the RCM plans. One is my everyday plane, the other is sitting on the wing rack as a back up. Soon I'll be cutting out the parts for a Super Kaos, Jr.. I'm finishing a plan built Ultrasport 60. I guess I'm pretty much hooked on the Kaos and its spinoffs. For CCRC1, I'm also finishing an RCM plan build of the Ugly Stik. Just need to add the cross on one wing panel, install the control surfaces and radio then I'm done.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:47 AM

Shoot!!! Now the MonoKote Tower Kaos 40 I’ve been flying for years has disappeared!

I found my Irvine 53 ABC and the flight pack on my work bench and a check for $100. I apparently sold it while I was sleep walking!

I’m down to only my kit built modified Kaos 40 and one Kaos 40 kit NIB.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Sport_Pilot

Dancing naked definately opens you up to other ideas. Usually not related to modeling.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Capt. Bill

Well there are worse things to be addicted to. I built my first Kaos 40 back in 1979 and still have one that I am flying. Even though I had flow a Kwik Fli III and a couple of Bobcats. the Kaos looked scary sitting on the bench, like it would be a real handfull to fly. But it is a sweet flying airplane. I have flown them with a K&B 40, OS 40s and now OS 46s. With an OS 46 FX it does consecutive loops at 1/3 throttle. I can't do 3D or torque rolls but who cares, I just want to fly and have fun and the Kaos is perfect for that.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:37 AM
jeffo
My Feedback: (68)

What did I get myself into.I built the big Chaos over the winter and I am still waitng for the weather to break.Do you mean once you go Chaos you can't go back.I knew those sexy lines wre trouble,but I could not help myself.
-Pic is on kit building forum-Miss Chaos
-Jeffo
Old 03-22-2006, 08:28 AM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

It looks like I am not the only one. I was turned on to the KAOS in the early 70's at the young age of 10. The guy who trained me to fly had a original 1969 Kaos with a Super tigre 61 and rhom retracts. From that time on I have been hooked. I now have 3 Super Kaos 40's ,an original 1969 Kaos all still in kit form. I am looking for a super kaos 60 to complete my collection. I now fly a scratch built Kaos 60 (1969 version)and a tower Kaos 40. Both airplanes have Rossi motors and I will be building a second kaos 60 with retracts over the next couple of months to replace the aging kaos 60. I fly these planes year round and have worn out 2 tower arfs and will be replacing this plane with a scratch built super kaos 40 next winter. These plane fly great and are fun to fly. I have also flown the dirty birdies and, xlt',and the UFO and I still go back to my two favorites . I also have one other favorite and it is the midwest FLEA FLI +10
Old 03-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Not a bad deal for $100.00. By an arf for approximately $100.00. fly it for a few years and sell it for $100.00.
ORIGINAL: 8178

Shoot!!! Now the MonoKote Tower Kaos 40 I’ve been flying for years has disappeared!

I found my Irvine 53 ABC and the flight pack on my work bench and a check for $100. I apparently sold it while I was sleep walking!

Old 03-25-2006, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jpurcha

Not a bad deal for $100.00. By an arf for approximately $100.00. fly it for a few years and sell it for $100.00.

Plus, I apparently agreed to be the test pilot for the first flight with the new owners radio and new OS 50 SX engine installed.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:18 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Hello, my name is Chris and I'm addicted to my Kaos. A nice gentleman was kind enough to give me a slightly built Kaos40 kit. Since then, I have gotten over 100 flights on it within 3 months of flying. Now that spring is here, it won't be long before I start racking up more flights on it. I love this plane and I hope it stays in my hanger for a long time. Here's a pic of my Kaos:

While it would be nice if a new one came to my porch, I doubt it will happen soon. This one's just to fun. Even in the building stages I knew it was special so, I spent over 40hours on the MONOKOTE.

50%
Old 03-26-2006, 07:27 AM

Your Kaos looks just like the one built and covered by a guy on RCU called “Woops”!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 AM
RCOZZY

Uh Oh......The Kaos kit in the attic has been awakened by this thread.......it beckons.......it must be obeyed.....BUILD ME.....Build Me........build meeeeeeee...............
Old 03-26-2006, 04:02 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Is there a plan for the .60 Kaos floating around in the cyberspace somewhere?
Old 03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Your Kaos looks just like the one built and covered by a guy on RCU called “Woops”!
Sorry about that. I was woops and changed my name.
While it would be nice if a new one came to my porch, I doubt it will happen soon.
Well, I sortta spoke to soon. I just was given another Kaos today. That puts three in my hanger. Maybe I should get a pic with all three.

50%(formerly Woops)
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Is there a plan for the .60 Kaos floating around in the cyberspace somewhere? RCM still sells all the versions for short money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.