Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

How about a Giant Chaos in SPA Novice Class?

Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

How about a Giant Chaos in SPA Novice Class?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How about a Giant Chaos in SPA Novice Class?

Yeah, I know. You can fly anything in Novice Class.

Has anyone any experience with this model? I might have the name wrong, but I bought it from Bluejay Models recently, IIRC.

I have several gas engines available to power it and I suppose I could plop the ST G2300 in the nose, but I would rather go with a gas engine for less clean up chores.

Anyone fly this monster?

Ed Cregger
Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 PM
spbyrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How about a Giant Chaos in SPA Novice Class?

Ed

A rule change being discussed by the Board of Directors will limit engine size to .61 2c or non-supercharged .91 4c for next year. That will probably leave the giant Chaos both vetically and horizontally challenged.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:45 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

Ed right now the novice has a 72" limit so the giant is out.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

Ed:
Is that the same one that was in MAN as plans. We were talking about that model last weekend and thought it would be greatfor SPA but with the current rules I guess we have been

"crushed by the man" just like back in the sixties. Hey maybe this SPA stuff is like history repeating itself.

I'd be willing to bet that the Giant Kaos would be a real nice flier for practicing and sport flying.

Peace

Mark O
Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: spbyrum

Ed

A rule change being discussed by the Board of Directors will limit engine size to .61 2c or non-supercharged .91 4c for next year. That will probably leave the giant Chaos both vetically and horizontally challenged.

-------------

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.

I have plenty of models that fit the proper profile, so it isn't a problem. I was really half kidding anyway and just trying to stir up some dialogue on the Giant Chaos.

I have a bouquet (4) of NIB Kaos 40 ARFs by Tower (I hate it when they stop making a model and I don't have enough of them). So, getting in the air this year won't be a problem. Getting to the contest and competing is another matter.

I wish now that I had kept my little motorhome for contesting. It would have given me a place to lay down to rest and cool off between flights. I think I'll start looking around for another one, just for SPA contesting.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
spbyrum

Ed

We've got a number of guys with motor homes. One of them will be glad to loan you a little cool time. You'd not be the only one who does this.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
NM2K

I keep forgetting most SPA types (at least in the past) are my age or older. Thanks for the info.

Ed Cregger