Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Revenger Plan, RCM May 78

Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revenger Plan, RCM May 78

Getting settled means unpacking boxes that haven't been opened in years, some have been decades. Looking for my Escape plans, I ran across three other 70's era plans that I'd forgotten about. First is the Revenger, very sleek and reminds me of the Mach 1. Intro says it has a laminar airfoil. I thought a laminar flow airfoil had the high point behind the 50% point on the chord but I must be wrong as this doesn't appear that way to me. Anybody ever build one of these or know how well it flies?
jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29872.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	840589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48113.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	840590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51289.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	840591  
Old 01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
hallstro

Default RE: Revenger Plan, RCM May 78

Jeff...you and I have the same taste in pattern ships. I hope the Revenger is not overlooked as it appears to be a solid ship with great lines. Keep building and posting!

Dave
Old 01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
jjscott

Here are the photos from the RCM article. Nice plane; build it!

Jim

Name:	Ay75154.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	840971   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44500.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	840972  
Old 01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Jeff Worsham

Jim- Thanks for posting those pics, it is a good looking pre-buried-pipe design.
Dave- I'm afflicted with liking them all-- from Bonner's to Yoshioka's! Planning to get some built this year...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

I was wondering when someone would spotlight this one. I've always wanted one of these also.
I have the plans and wing cores. I may need to cut or come up a replacement set of stab cores.
The last I checked Dynamic Balsa didn't have them in stock. I saw one of these at a contest
back in 83. It looks to be a really nice flying plane.

Ron
Old 01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
KLXMASTER14

Hell yes!!! I remember this airplane from "back in the day". Is is a very slick airplane. I never had the opportunity to fly one, but those who did, including the designer, did well with them. A distinctive feature is the long ventral fin that runs underneath the fuselage.

Best regards,
Robert
Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 PM
hallstro

RCM Magazine still has some construction articles housed on their (very) slow web site. Rather than link to them, I tried something new (for me). I posted the full construction article (with plan sheets) on a free web hosting service. Pick up the PDF file if you want to see more of this really nice model. The article is no substitute for the full size plans, which I still don't have a set. I believe RCM Plans Service is still in business and the price probably isn't too bad.

Anyone have this plan is digital form?

Caveats:
- I have not used this service, so if they suck let me know it
- The PDF file is 4 MB in size so download as you will
[link=http://www.4shared.com/dir/5289418/5e5cb1cb/Revenger.html]Revenger Plan[/link]

Dave
Old 01-10-2008, 11:25 PM
hallstro

I posted the construction article yesterday and someone requested the plans. I have a scan of the plans in TIFF (very large) and JPEG format (much smaller) if anyone is interested.

Try this link for the 13 MB JPEG file. If someone converts this to a CAD file for subsequent printing, let me know!
[link=http://www.4shared.com/dir/5289418/5e5cb1cb/Revenger.html]Revenger plan and article[/link]

Dave
Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
DELTAFLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hallstro, I can pass the plan to Cad, but give me time ..........
Old 02-19-2008, 05:24 AM
kestrel0222
My Feedback: (1)

Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to upload the plans and construction article!! I had forgotten about the Revenger until your post. I never had the chance to fly one, but a couple of members in my club many years ago had them. I can still remember seeing them fly, they looked great in the air. Maybe it's time for me to see how well these planes really flew!! This is definately my next project! Thanks again for sharing the plans and the article with all of us.

Thanks,
Old 02-19-2008, 06:51 AM
kestrel0222

You can get the wing and stab cores from dynamic balsa at www.dbalsa.com
Old 02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
casniffer

Thanks for posting the plan.

CAsniffer
Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
hallstro

Wow...this post still has legs! My Revenger directory is up to 661 MB as I continually put the plan image into Photoshop trying to get some sort of output that is buildable. I would have saved time and money by simply buying the plans from RCM! But that would have taken the learning curve out of it.

I now have the plan full size and chopped up into 32 8.5 x 11 inch sheets that are printable on my HP ink jet. A couple of examples of the plan chunks are shown below. the originals are full size...heaven only knows what the upload process will do to them. Why the heck does this Forum not support uploads of PDF docs??

Have fun...

Dave

Name:	Xv63415.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	883613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21694.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	883614  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
patternwannabee

Hallstro,

Surely, there must be an easier solution than to paste together 32 letter size pages together.

The print shop around the corner here charges $0.20/sq ft for their large format printer.

Your Revenger scan is 58" x 32" or approx 5' x 3' = 15 sq ft
Total cost to print the plan: 15 sq ft * $.20/sq ft = $3.00

Probably more accurate than pasting 32 pieces of paper together, and it's only one sheet.

However, if you NEED to print at home, perhaps there's a way to print your plan on banner paper, thus requiring only 4 or 5 long strips.

My CAD program can do this, but there are problems here as well.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Jeff Worsham

Hi Dave, Yea, this is why I just order the plans from RCM. They're still in business, I placed an order with them a few weeks ago and had plans in rolled tube ($2 extra on the order) within a week. And the lady there was real nice to deal with! jeff
Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
hallstro

Thanks for the input, Jeff and Patternwannabe...OK...I admit the exercise is a bit silly and I don't recommend this to anyone. Couple of things...I am working on my Photoshop skills and biding my time in a rental waiting for the new house (under construction) to be completed. Also recovering from recent surgery has afforded me much time to read through all the build threads and anticipate the moment I can tear into the storage unit and unpack the tons of plans and half-completed projects stored there.

I always advocate purchasing plans from RCM as I would like to see them continue as a going concern. Their collection of plans from over the years is priceless.

The members of this Forum a a fantastic resource and I greatly appreciate all the input. Please keep posting...I imagine that there are many folks out there who get a daily dose of Classic Pattern RC from your messages and build threads when they otherwise might not be able to chop balsa and glue their fingers together.

Dave

Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Jeff Worsham

Hi Dave,
We're very much in the same boat though I've been moved in a year and a half and I'm still not building! But did get a 866 sqft shop built and landscaping done. Only last September got my hobby stuff from storage, but now building benches, cabinets, etc. Also setting up a bench in the front garage for evening building closer to the family. Progress slowed by cold weather.

The learning you're gaining now will help later on. I don't have the Photoshop or CAD skills for plans work though wish I did as there are so many ideas rolling around that I'd like to play with on paper. Very hard to spend time at computer learning software with no much else to do! It's good you can do it now.

Meanwhile, somebody this year (maybe one of us!) will get a Revenger built. I've never seen one other than in the RCM article!
jeff

Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Joshua.m

hi

the Revenger Plan is not available here (http://www.4shared.com/dir/5289418/5.../Revenger.html)

could anybody send the file to

[email protected]

it would be great to build this wonderful model

regards

Joshua
Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
WEDJ

The original Revenger flew again just recently.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7622158/tm.htm

Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
hallstro

Joshua:

I answered you offline. I see that Dick Russ has brought back the original Reveger. What a beautiful ship and thanks to him for his design talent and good work on our behalf.

Dave