Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Just wanted to say hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Dick Russ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just wanted to say hello

I will be happy to post some additional pictures that I think might be of interest. I will take them and post them soon.

Dick
Old 06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
casniffer
My Feedback: (1)

Dick,

Thanks!

CAsniffer
Old 06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
ChiefK

Dick,

Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't cross paths in the past. My first Air Force assignment took me to Edwards AFB where I met and later married Anne, my wife of 45 years now. Although my Air Force career has taken me all over the world, Anne's family in Southern California (we've lived in Lancaster and Quartz Hill), bring us back from time to time. Currently living (and now flying) in North Carolina. I remember trying to fly off the Edwards AFB dry lake and being surprised at how rough the surface really is.

Thanks for posting the photos. I know we're limited to reletively low resolution photos for posting. I'm particularly interested in collecting high resolution images that can be restored, sharpened, color corrected, etc. If you have negatives or slides, these work best. If you're willing to trust me to scan these for you, please give me a personal email address and I'll provide shipping info. I promise to return your material and a copy of my high resolution scans on CD or DVD.

Greg
Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Dick Russ

Greg,
I would certainly be glad to send you a bunch of photo's. I have hundred of slides from contests all over the country. Give me a little time and I will see what I can did up.

Go ahead and email me the address you would like to have the slides or photo,s sent.
My email address is dickathome @cox.net.

In 1976 I was part of the airshow at Edwards. I was flying the Integra when I had a mid air with another modeler. There was a million pieces. You would not believe how fast the Edwards ground crew can vacuum up debris. That is another story.

Dick