RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Phoenix ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/10048652-phoenix.html)

FBaity 10-05-2010 08:05 AM

Phoenix ?

Which Phoenix # had a diamond shaped horizontal stab? A friend has a glass Phoenix fuse with a diamond shaped stab area to be cut out and we don't know the #, of course no plans.

Frabk Baity
AMA 38026

burtona 10-05-2010 08:54 AM

RE: Phoenix ?

I don't think any had a diamond stab. You may have a Vertigo rather than a Phoenix. There is a Vertigo build thread on this forum so you could compare some pictures perhaps.

pgilbert 10-06-2010 05:02 PM

Phoenix 1 had a diamond shaped stab, actually similar in construction to the Taurus stab, but swept.
Gil

Taurus Flyer 10-06-2010 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: pgilbert

Phoenix 1 had a diamond shaped stab, actually similar in construction to the Taurus stab, but swept.
Gil
Gil,

Maybe someone still has the article about Phoenix 1 published by RCM.

Cees

RFJ 10-06-2010 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Phoenix 1 had a diamond shaped stab, actually similar in construction to the Taurus stab, but swept
From Phoenix 1 plan in August 1965 RCM

Ray

Taurus Flyer 10-06-2010 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gil,

Only facts are important.
A picture of the reconstructed stab of the first contest Taurus of Ed Kazmirski, period 1961, April- May.

FBaity, success with the plane. I think the fuselage is a "clone", not original !

Cees

crankpin 10-06-2010 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

The Vertigo II, (Bob Reuther), is close to the P-6. Diamond stab and a chin at the nose. Here are a couple picture's, stab core, fuse with diamond cutout. Another pix of the P-6 fuselage by itself, and the Vertigo II laid out.

You could build the vertigo, bent stab, or straight. I have some old Phoenix plans here, the diamond stab on a Phoenix, first time for me.

Crank

Taurus Flyer 10-06-2010 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: crankpin

The Vertigo II, (Bob Reuther), is close to the P-6. Diamond stab and a chin at the nose. Here are a couple picture's, stab core, fuse with diamond cutout. Another pix of the P-6 fuselage by itself, and the Vertigo II laid out.

You could build the vertigo, bent stab, or straight. I have some old Phoenix plans here, the diamond stab on a Phoenix, first time for me.

Crank
Never too old to learn

Cees

AndyKunz 10-06-2010 08:44 PM

Ah, but some are too proud. Crank and Duane are obviously NOT in that group.

Andy

KLXMASTER14 10-06-2010 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vertigo II stabilizer.

crankpin 10-07-2010 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That guy may have a Vertigo. Robert, was there a Vertigo I ? Diamond stab on it, chin at the nose ? Take off on a P-6 ? Where the plan's show a diamond stab on the Phoenix, possible it was just easier to lay the rule down, draw a straight line ? These plan's attached here, anyone know the year this was published ? Maybe Jon Lowe will comment here, if he see's the thread. Phoenix One ? attached.

Crank

RFJ 10-07-2010 04:22 AM

These plan's attached here, anyone know the year this was published ?
Phoenix 5. American (Aircraft) Modeler, July 1971.

Ray

Taurus Flyer 10-07-2010 04:26 AM

Archived about the plane, info from Jon Lowe.

Phoenix 5 used the wing and tail from the Phoenix 4, more side area for knife edge, published by American Modeler magazine. Kitted with fiberglass fuselage, foam wing by numerous people. Also a 40 sized version was kitted with a fiberglass fuselage. TONS of these were built. Wing Manufacturing has the molds and is kitting them.

Cees