RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Tiger Tail 4s Cowl/Canopy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/10918494-tiger-tail-4s-cowl-canopy.html)

JeffH 01-20-2012 08:22 AM

Tiger Tail 4s Cowl/Canopy

I need the glass cowl and the clear canopy for a Tiger Tail 4s kit that I just picked up. Anyone have these or know where I can get them?

Thanks
Jeff

hook57 01-21-2012 07:12 AM

RE: Tiger Tail 4s Cowl/Canopy

Jeff,
Nice to see another Tiger Tail fan.The canopy might behard to find, but a similarcanopy might be found at Park Flyer Plastics (parkflyersplastics.com). They have a variety of them, on my TT 3 (fiberglass fuse) it looks to be about 15" from front to back, measured where it meets the top fuselage deck. Ibelieve the TT 3 was a bit longer than earlier versionsand the 4S because of the rear exhaust/tuned pipe exit. If I recall, the original Tiger Tail canopy was similar to one you would find on a Mustang.I have an old scratch built TT out in the garage, I'll measure that later and post back here for you. Sig also has some sport canopies that you might look at to see if one will work. Ron Chidgey's "Scratch Builders Warehouse" may have had some, but I'm not sure if Ron is still running it. He had wing cores and 4S short kits for awhile. Hope you find something useable, I hope to have my TT3 ready by mid April.
Mark

Bruce Underwood 01-21-2012 01:09 PM

Jeff: I have the clear canopy. It has a red sharpie line on it where I had intended to cut it down to use...but
never did. It is huge as you'll note on the plans. I bought it from Ron about 2 years ago

Maybe I could find a box at my Trophy shop here to put it in and ship it to you...if I had your address. Here is
my personal E-Mail address if you would like it:
Bruce Underwood

[email protected]

I am in Guntersville, AL
1412 Patterson St.
Guntersville, AL 35976
256 582-3742

Free Bird 01-22-2012 05:33 AM

Jeff: I have the clear canopy. It has a red sharpie line on it where I had intended to cut it down to use...but
never did. It is huge as you'll note on the plans. I bought it from Ron about 2 years ago

Maybe I could find a box at my Trophy shop here to put it in and ship it to you...if I had your address. Here is
my personal E-Mail address if you would like it:
Bruce Underwood
Guys,

A suggestion if I may. These canopies are getting harder and harder to find. I can have a mold made (via parkflyerplastics) to preserve these canopies for all. I've been doing this for a couple of years now and have quite a few available. These are exact copies and the material used for molding is better. If you decided to do this, I'll pay for mold and ship a canopy back to each of you free of charge. PM me if interested. Thanks!

FB

Agilefalcon 09-22-2012 11:40 AM

Hello FB,
I just scored a Tiger Tail kit from Southern R/C Products. There is a canopy in the kit, but it is cracked and of very flimsy material.
Did you every make a mold of the canopy? I'd be willing to ship this to you for you to make a mold of it, and I'd certainly pay more than a reasonable price if you made me one also.

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Chris

kr9x 09-24-2012 02:07 AM

I also agree with Free Bird!! I have sent several canopies to Sparkie for reproduction. He does a fantastic job!!

Jon W

JeffH 09-24-2012 07:51 AM

Ahhh tiger tails....

Agilefalcon 09-30-2012 06:32 PM

Did I miss Sparkie's contact information? I'm in Fort Worth and I believe he is too.
Oh, I think I found his web site. Will let you know what he says.

Timthetoolman1 12-25-2013 07:01 PM

Did anyone find a canopy for the Tiger Tail 4? I need one to copy so I can make some extras.

Tim