RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   RCM plans service sucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/11193025-rcm-plans-service-sucks.html)

8178 02-19-2013 12:54 PM

RE: RCM plans service sucks

I called the number and got a recording to call back later.

If Don Dewey was still with us I think he would be very disappointed that the fine name of his magazine has come to this.

AwwNaww 02-19-2013 02:33 PM

I have always expected a wait when I ordered from RCM plans. I am actually concerned that illness or accident has terminated the business and a server somewhere just keeps taking orders and generating invoices. I really want the plans service....I can deal with the wait but this one is troubling.

Tom B 1956 02-19-2013 05:34 PM

From reading this groups postings. It seem to be an older woman running RCMPlans. And I was wondering if anyone had recieved what they ordered after Oct 2012. That's about the last post saying they recieved the plan they ordered. I am Curious if anyone lives near there P.O. box address. Maybe we could an answer either way.</p>

AwwNaww 02-20-2013 12:42 PM

I have sent many e-mails none of which bounced (or were responded to)and there are reports of people placing orders recently. From that, I would imagine that the server and ISP are maintained. I occasionally get to Oregon but have no contact point other than the PO box number. Other than contacting the Oregon attorney general's office, I do not know what options we have. I'm into this about 150$ from October. From the traffic on this and other threads, I would say there is a fair penny in play. I don't want to get medieval unless there is no hope of resurrecting the "service". I want the plans, not a pound of flesh.

Andrew 02-20-2013 06:03 PM

The site appears to be good thru August.

Registrant:
RC Modeler
144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
US

Domain Name: RCMPLANS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
RC Modeler [email protected]
144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
US
phone: 999 999 9999 fax: 999 999 9999

Record expires on 16-Aug-2013.
Record created on 09-Nov-2005.
Database last updated on 20-Feb-2013 20:59:48 EST

Tom B 1956 02-27-2013 05:24 PM

<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">I got curious I put a note in to the Chamber of Commerce. Did a search for a the owner of RCM Plans. This is what I found.</span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Firm Name: Rcm Plans </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Street Address: </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">, Map to employer location </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Internet Address: rcmplans.com </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Phone: 541-247-2222 </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Contact: Contact: Jim Depeap, </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">infoUSA Business Description: Internet &amp; Catalog Shopping (Primary Standard Industry Code: 596102) </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">North American Industy Classification (NAICS) Title: Mail-Order Houses (NAICS 454113) </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">North American Industy Classification (NAICS) Description: This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing all types of merchandise using mail catalogs or television to generate clients and display merchandise. Included in this industry are establishments primarily engaged in retailing from catalog showrooms of mail-order houses as well as establishments providing a combination of Internet and mail-order sales. Illustrative Examples: Catalog (i.e., order-taking) offices of mail-order houses; Collectors' items, mail order houses; Computer software, mail-order houses; Home shopping television orders; Mail-order book clubs (not publishing); Mail-order houses </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Employer Size: 1 - 4 Employees </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Year Established: 2009 </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Ownership: Private </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Credit Rating: Unknown (The information or data obtained from the infoUSA database shall not be used in any manner as a factor for establishing an employer's eligibility for credit.) </span><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><br style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"/><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Annual Sales: 500K &lt; 1 Million</span>

GlennZ 03-04-2013 03:53 PM

I ordered two sets of plans from RCM plans service on 1-15-13 and have yet to see them. Today is 3-4-13. The status on my order says processing and shipping like it did the day after I ordered it. I have sent two notes in the contact thing and have tried both numbers. The numbers are answered by a message that say to call back another time. I don't want my money back... I want the plans.
I have read that people are waiting about a month and 10 days. I'm beyond that. Anyone know anything more?

mercura 03-04-2013 05:25 PM

My order was placed 18 October 2012 and like many others have not got plans yet.
So it could be some time yet.

Dave

AwwNaww 03-05-2013 11:34 AM

My card was charged (I verified the charge, 10/10/12) no answer to mail, e-mail and many phone calls. I recon we been had. I've done business with these folk before and they were never quick but nothing like this. We need a physical address to use in contacting local law.

Dave Harmon 03-05-2013 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: AwwNaww

My card was charged (I verified the charge, 10/10/12) no answer to mail, e-mail and many phone calls. I recon we been had. I've done business with these folk before and they were never quick but nothing like this. We need a physical address to use in contacting local law.
I did some looking and came up with this......try it....I hope this works....the RCM Plans are great but something must be done to improve service.

RCM Plans
32051 Watson Ln
Gold Beach, OR 97444-9413

541-247-9712 Jeanne
or 541-247-7239
or 541-247-2053

AwwNaww 03-06-2013 12:50 PM

Thank you! Dave, I'll give that a whirl. I would really hate to see the RCM plans go away.

Dave Harmon 03-06-2013 01:16 PM

Thank you! Dave, I'll give that a whirl. I would really hate to see the RCM plans go away.
Please post the outcome....
Tnx...

Tom B 1956 03-06-2013 09:19 PM

All ready sent a letter to that address certified should be there soon. So I'll post any response or the lack of also. But I ordered in Jan 16th. So I'm early for complaining with RCM's past shipping of 6 to 8 weeks. <div>
</div><div>Tom</div>

AwwNaww 03-07-2013 11:41 AM

Dave and Tom, thank you for your efforts!
The 9712 number has been disconnected
The 7239 number had a generic "leave message" with no ID
The 2053 number got a youngish female voice pausing and saying "nooooo, I don't think so, wrong number"
I left a message but expect little. My take is no matter what the circumstances, the website should have been offline long ago or at least an explanatory message posted.

I will wait to see if Tom's letter is signed for. If it isn't, we know for sure we need the law.

Dave Harmon 03-07-2013 12:17 PM

Dave and Tom, thank you for your efforts!
The 9712 number has been disconnected
The 7239 number had a generic ''leave message'' with no ID
The 2053 number got a youngish female voice pausing and saying ''nooooo, I don't think so, wrong number''
I left a message but expect little. My take is no matter what the circumstances, the website should have been offline long ago or at least an explanatory message posted.

I will wait to see if Tom's letter is signed for. If it isn't, we know for sure we need the law.
Great!
Honestly.....at this point I would call my credit card company and have them do a refund to you based on fraud......in fact, I would have done it long ago.

Tom B 1956 03-07-2013 01:11 PM

USPS says expected delivery is today. Last check nope not delivered as yet. But it won't update till mail carrier returns to the office. Maybe tonight or tomorrow

Tom.

Tom B 1956 03-07-2013 05:39 PM

<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Just saw this on another forum Posted a few minutes ago. </span><div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">"From what I understand, (Icould be wrong) the guy who was running RCM Plans Service has passed away and his wife or a family member was trying to run the business. I talked to Eureka Aircraft Co. the other day and he is trying to buy the rights to RCM Plans but is also having problems getting anyone to respond. He is hoping the estate attorney will contact him. I hope that it works out because I want to build a Bill Evans Simitar."</span></div>

N1EDM 03-07-2013 06:02 PM

Please keep us in the loop, Tom.

Can you give us a link to that other thread????

Thanks,

Bob

Tom B 1956 03-07-2013 06:16 PM

Ok <div>
</div><div>http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1757728&amp;page=6</div>

Roguedog 03-08-2013 03:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In the mean time R/C Modeler Magazine Published 2 Illustrated Plan guides. one with pictures of all plans from Oct 1963 to Oct 1979 and the second which is a compilation of 5 suppliments to the Original combined in one volumn. Thesupplement Guide contains plans from November 1979 to June 1991. See pics.

If RCM Plans can't produce original copies anymore the original magazine plan will produce a good working copy. The RCM Illustrated Plans quides I have sometimes has four plans to a page. But you still can produce a usable plane from them, not near as good as a copy of the full size plan but very usable.

As an example for Tom B 1956, I scanned two Simitars, the original from the December 1976 RCM mag"Simitar",and anonther the October 1978 RCM Mag"Simitar 540" from the orignalRCM Illustrated Plan Guide.

The guide had each one squished together with three other plans to make four on an8.5 x 11 sized page. The third pic is of a pagefromthe guide and has the Simitar 540 hi-lighted in red. The two pdfs are scale up versions from the guide which are the Simitar(Dec1976 RCM Mag) and theoriginal Simitar 540 (Oct1978 RCMMag).

They came out fairly well and usable.

Tom B 1956 03-08-2013 07:48 AM

Rougedog

I am a little confused. Did you mean that the two publications have just been released. Or do you think I was wanting to build a simitar. When did you get those pubs. Reason I am asking is there are a bunch of us on more than 1 forum that have been waiting for plans. But from what I have figured out nobody has received a order since Oct ish 2012. Nobody has been able to contact them either. I have emailed and called. Now I have sent a certified letter requesting an update and confirmation that rcm plans is still viable. If not please refund all orders that are unfilled.

Tom<br type="_moz" />

doxilia 03-08-2013 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Tom B 1956
Rougedog

I am a little confused. Did you mean that the two publications have just been released. Or do you think I was wanting to build a scimitar. When did you get those pubs.

Tom
Tom,

I've been following this thread with interest and hoping some productive resolution comes of the RCM plans. If Don at Eureka were to purchase the rights, that should help keep these plans circulating in a proper fashion.

Regarding the publications posted by Roguedog, as can be seen from the dates on the publications, those RCM plans compilations were published by RCM in the early 80's (maybe late 70's) and in the early 90's, respectively. It was your post quoting someone on RCG who wants to build a Simitar that prompted Bryan's post with the example blown up Simitar plans. His approach to obtain reasonable resolution full scale plans from a magazine scan is very effective. In other words, one could in principle produce full size building plans from the reduced scale RCM magazine page.

David

AwwNaww 03-08-2013 10:52 AM

A couple of things here. I did not find an obit for J D in Oregon, but that is not sufficient as there may not have been a public announcement. If the person is deceased there is still no excuse for continuing to charge cards. If claims are not made before the magistrate raps the gavel on the estate closure "we is cooked".

When I got an answer of wrong number to the 541-247-2053 call there was a somewhat pregnant pause suggesting prevarication. I asked for RCM Plans service, I should have asked for JD by name. I may have gotten more useful information.

I think that each of us now needs to start filing claims with the prosecutor's office. Everything depends on how the business is registered as to whether we can ever be compensated. Credit card companies aren't too useful in claims this old.

Dave Harmon 03-08-2013 11:32 AM

Mebby someone should call all the lawyers in town and see if it can be determined who is handling the estate.
Or....perhaps call the newspaper...there is a local newspaper that might be able to point to the estate lawyer.....its a small town and whoever answers the phone might know the guy and know of an obit....or not!
They might even know the situation at the RCM Plans service.
Still....I would try to get my money back throught the credit card company...they will just do a chargeback on that business.....don't be the last guy to do this!

Tom B 1956 03-08-2013 12:01 PM

Hi all<div></div><div>As you all know I have been actively trying to get in contact with RCM Plans out of concern for my own orders and now out concern for the business. I am working with two sites that have threads just like this one. I have researched the address of the owner of the business and posted the results of what I have found. Also I used my debt card for my orders. I just looked up the orders on line with my bank and found a phone number that has not been listed. That number I dialed and got an answering machine of what sounded like an older woman which in earlier posts stated who was running the service. That number is 626-485-8644. I have not tried a reverse lookup or anything. I don't really know who this person is. I left a message asking for status of my orders also that there are many others trying to get in contact with the service. Left my number and I am hoping for a call back. The certified letter I sent has yet to be marked delivered. Not to sure it will be. Anyway that's all the info I have.</div>