RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Classic Pattern Contest ! June 7th & 8th (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/11597750-classic-pattern-contest-june-7th-8th.html)

PatternPilot 04-17-2014 04:09 AM

Classic Pattern Contest ! June 7th & 8th

1 Attachment(s)
Fountain City Flyers RC Club
presents the
2nd Annual Classic Pattern Bash

June 7th & 8th 2014.

Contest will be held in Prattville, Alabama at FCF field

Facility location and directions here: http://www.fcflyers.com/directions.html

Facility will be open for practice Friday June 6[SUP]th
[/SUP]
Classes flown will be Pre-Novice,Novice,Advanced,Expert & Masters

***Pilots in Masters Class need to submit their schedule to be flown to CD–
Jamie Strong: [email protected] prior to Sign-up on Saturday.

See attached flyer for more information !

CHiatt 04-21-2014 12:02 PM

I'm planning on making this event.

Please send some hotel recommendations?

Regards,
Cliff

PatternPilot 04-21-2014 06:20 PM

Pre - registration now open !! http://www.classicpatternassociation...istration.html

Scott

PatternPilot 04-27-2014 03:29 AM

bump

J Strong 05-05-2014 10:58 PM

All motel info and such is located on the fcflyers.com website.Lets make this the biggest CPA ever. I'm looking for 30-40 pilots this year, SPA and Any plane prior to two meter welcome. Suck them gears up and head to Prattville. One of the nicest fields in Bama. Electricity and a real bathroom,he he he.
Come Join The Fun !!!!!!!

Jamie Strong

rv7driver 05-26-2014 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by J Strong (Post 11798223)
All motel info and such is located on the fcflyers.com website.Lets make this the biggest CPA ever. I'm looking for 30-40 pilots this year, SPA and Any plane prior to two meter welcome. Suck them gears up and head to Prattville. One of the nicest fields in Bama. Electricity and a real bathroom,he he he.
Come Join The Fun !!!!!!!

Jamie Strong

Really looking forward to this contest, going to try a different class. Pete

J Strong 05-27-2014 02:40 PM

All Masters pilots please print off and bring your scoresheets to be used. Because the Masters class selects their own sequences, as long as it adds up to a K factor of 45
hope to see all June 7-8 at the Prattvilles CPA event.
Come join the fun, info at fcflyers.com

CHiatt 05-27-2014 04:53 PM

Is there a particular score sheet 'form' that you want us to use? I was going to send you an email with my pattern list...

Looking forward to being there, plan on arriving early Friday afternoon to get in some practice!

Cliff

dphill2 05-28-2014 06:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1999265http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1999266Looking forward to seeing you again Cliff ! I just finished my Scratch built Bootlegger !!
Dave..

CHiatt 05-28-2014 08:00 AM

Dave,
Very nice! Can't wait to see it go!!

Cliff

Hoke3D 05-28-2014 08:27 AM

Sure hope it flys as well as it looks Dave, outstanding workmanship.

Greg

dphill2 05-30-2014 06:18 PM

Thanks for the kind words about the Bootlegger ! I started it before you started yours Cliff !! Anyway it's done and I'm going to get to fly it @ the Prattville contest. Cliff I was wondering if you had talked with Wayne Mann ? Sure would like to see him show up. and
How about you Greg ?? You going to give the guys a shot at the title ? Hope you got everything worked out and can make the contest ..

Dave.

CHiatt 05-31-2014 04:01 AM

Dave,
I called Wayne a while back and told him about the event. I'm not sure if he's planning on coming or not, he's been pretty busy with work these days. I'll ping him again this weekend.

I'm hoping to get there early Friday afternoon. I need some air time, haven't flown the Boot since March!

Cliff

PatternPilot 05-31-2014 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sample score sheet that can be used .. I'm sending it to Dave & Jamie also.

dphill2 05-31-2014 06:05 PM

Thanks' for the score sheets there Scott I'll run some off for the contest >. O yeah, I got to make a flight on my Bootlegger and lost the steering rod on the nose wheel RT !! Nose wheel turned sideways on landing and did not have anything to repair it with !! The part that I got to enjoy was more than I had hope for ! The speed 13 ran like a top and the plane flew better than I remember they did !! Cant wait to fly it again !!

Dave..

Hoke3D 06-05-2014 02:11 AM

Deb and I are signed up and pulling out first thing Friday morning, should be there by lunch time. Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the nice weekend flying. Everyone drive safely.

Greg

rv7driver 06-09-2014 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2002685Another CPA in Prattville Alabama complete, what a great contest. some Pics note battle of the Bootleggers with Dave Phillips and Cliff Hiatt, both were perfect examples. Greg Holt just beat Cliff Hiatt out by a small margin for the Masters class. what a treat to watch. Jamie Strong CDed kept thing moving and had time to fly also.

Hoke3D 06-09-2014 05:38 AM

What a great weekend had with a great group of guys and families. Deb and I really enjoyed the time spent with all but especially Curt and Shirley. Thank you Jamie and Gary for your efforts and the club for allowing us to take over your very nice field for the 3 day weekend.

Greg & Deb

CHiatt 06-09-2014 10:10 AM

Ditto from me! A heartfelt thanks go to Jamie and the FCF R/C Club for hosting a fun event. I had a great time hanging out with fellow CPA stalwarts, and the competition was just icing on the cake compared to getting to fly our models.

Congrats to Greg for soundly whipping my butt again, I'm looking forward to seeing you fly the Bootlegger the next time we meet.

Those of you that didn't come really missed out on the perfect opportunity to have a good time as well as show support for classic 'Pattern' flying.

Regards,
Cliff

PS; I'll post some more pics when I get a chance!
C

dphill2 06-10-2014 05:57 AM

I have to agree with both of you guy's !! The FCF Club put on a fun event with a lot of work buy the members, to make sure we could enjoy doing our thing. Again, I can tell you the Master flying was as good as it gets and a real joy to watch !

Congrats also to Greg for the win !! I did not see the final tally on points but I'm sure it was close across the board !
Also like to point out what a great job Dave Patrick did in his first CPA contest with a win in Novice ! He will be moving into the upper classes very soon..
I'm looking forward to the Huntsville contest as Cliff, Greg and Jamie were going to try and make it, along the Huntsville guy's in the mix, this could be a real barn burner !!

Everyone that has a Classic airplane sitting in the corner, needs to dust it off and join in the fun ! You are missing some great flying !

Dave..

obergc 06-13-2014 02:17 PM

I also want to thank Jamie and the FCF'ers for the generous use of their most excellent flying field for the CPA contest and for helping Jamie with the cooking, scoring, etc. to make the CPA contest possible. This was my first trip to the Prattville field and I promise you it won't be the last. We were fortunate to have excellent flying weather both days with winds so light you could pick your flight direction at will. It's always fun to meet old pattern friends and to meet new ones. I had noticed Greg Hokes excellent flying at a previous CPA contest at Andersonville but this is the first time I really had a chance to get to know Greg and his wife Debby better. I had no idea that Greg had been a teenage pattern star back in early 70's but he was one of the early pattern pioneers, qualifying for the Masters at age 16 in 1973 (I think). Like Cliff Hiatt says, pattern flying is like riding a bicycle (sort of), you never forget and Greg's flying today backs that up. In fact, all the Masters flying was simply outstanding, hard to find a fault with most of their maneuvers. Al told, a fun, laid back 2 days of pattern flying at the Prattville Aerodrome.
Curt

obergc 06-13-2014 02:24 PM

I also wanted to add that to watch Cliff Hiatt's Bootlegger in vertical flight was simply AWESOME, it actually appeared to be accelerating as it was climbing. During the long vertical climbs in some of the Masters maneuvers, Cliff was simply saying, "that looks high enough" and there seemed to be no end to it's vertical capability. Cliff really has that OPS humming.
Curt