RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Skyaviation Classic Pattern Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/11630420-skyaviation-classic-pattern-planes.html)

vquick 06-20-2016 07:40 PM

Skyaviation Classic Pattern Planes

I just got today my Komet and I'm impress with the quality of this plane I will be putting mine together in few week but also i want to inform Skyaviation that we will have some of the planes in stock in USA very soon I been working with then for few months already with the Jets Im the USA Rep. for Skyaviation and i can be contact at 404-263-7674 or [email protected].

Ps. Skyaviaton is working in the Arrow at this moment this plane will be only electric version

speed-panzer 06-23-2016 01:38 PM

...Arrow only electric - not for me, in this case. What a shame.:(

Dominik

jbudd 06-23-2016 11:49 PM

Agreed. Some things are just wrong. ;-)

Or stated another way... Just because you can, doesn't meant that you should.

Jerry

vquick 06-27-2016 01:40 PM

9 Attachment(s)
We are also working in the Banshee and this plane will be available in USA some time this year and here are some pictures of the plane

speed-panzer 06-27-2016 09:39 PM

Nice - this looks to be made for Nitro power, isn´t it?
Is a special type retracts planned?

Dominik

vquick 11-18-2016 01:57 PM

Ok the plane is available for preorder now with a discount price for preorder also delivery date is February 2017 the plane comes in 2 versions electric or glow version the plane will be ship from China directly to your house after check shipping cost is the best option the shipping is $80.00 and here is the link were you can pre order

https://www.skyaviations.com/en/clas...-planes/arrow/

Directout 11-22-2016 12:38 PM

quality problems solved compare to the sky aviations Komet ?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=30

countilaw 11-22-2016 07:33 PM

So what does a US Rep do? Exactly? And you want us to order from China and foot the $80 shipping cost on a plane that will not be available until February, Yet you did not express what the cost of the plane is.

So what do you do?

energyman 11-23-2016 11:26 AM

What are the differences in the glow and electric versions, and has the glow version been flown? If so, what engine was used? Also, have the recommended electric retracts been tested with the glow engine? Thanks.

vquick 11-27-2016 03:51 PM

The Arrow productions have started, the planes can now be pre ordered. The production quantity is limited we will have electric and glow versions of this magnificent plane.

Please do not order in the shop, for inquiries please contact Victor Diaz at [email protected]

Please send your order to [email protected]

We look forward to receiving your order. Your Sky Aviations team

vquick 11-27-2016 04:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of Arrow glow version

vquick 11-27-2016 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by countilaw (Post 12279707)
So what does a US Rep do? Exactly? And you want us to order from China and foot the $80 shipping cost on a plane that will not be available until February, Yet you did not express what the cost of the plane is.

So what do you do?

I do a lot of things

vquick 11-27-2016 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by speed-panzer (Post 12227462)
...Arrow only electric - not for me, in this case. What a shame.:(

Dominik

Your voice is been heard arrow will be available as glow version

Directout 12-05-2016 07:00 AM

Victor, thanks for the pictures but have you ever run such a motor ? or your fellows in china maybe ? this engine will tear your balsa chinese plywood fueselage into thnds pieces. and why do you have all these holes in the fueselage ? this looks like a 38” 3S piper cup , but not like a true pattern shipt to me . just my two cents. :)

doxilia 12-08-2016 10:51 PM

Victor,

thanks for the additional pictures of the glow version. I think we'll likely have to wait until a production kit is available to fully understand how it comes together.

Without wanting to jump the gun, my first impression is that a little more consideration might have to go into the redesign to make it suitable for a powerful RE two stroke such as the venerable OPS of which SA is now a dealer. The space allowances for both the piped exhaust and fuel tank seem a little restricted. Then again, the airframe looks like one which might come in at an AUW in the 6-7 lbs ballpark. For such an airframe a lighter less potent engine such as an OS 55AX would likely be fine much like how this engine is recommended for the ARF Curare also produced out of Europe.

In any case, I look forward to seeing them in production and getting feedback from other pilots.

David

Yak13 02-26-2017 11:17 AM

Victor, any updates on the Arrow flown with a glow engine? I am interested in one (and one Banshee), but would like to see if someone has tried it yet. The fuse does look a little weak for a strong 60 glow.
Ed

toddblose 02-28-2017 02:41 PM

Ed
From the info I received from Skyaviation, the Chinese new year is now over and they have started working on the updated Glow version. They did not like the sample fuse they received and have asked the factory to add more strength to the fuse on the glow version and will need to OK the updated version before they produce them. To me it looks like they are making sure the Glow fuselage will be plenty strong for the glow engines.

Yak13 03-06-2017 03:48 PM

Maybe blasphemy, but I might get two of them Arrows. One electric and one for my Jett 90 RE or my Picco 80RE. So that glow version fuse must be pretty darn strong!

Anybody here has actually got one, even if electric?

countilaw 03-16-2017 08:14 PM

We've been hearing about these planes for 9 months now. Has anyone actually received one?

Yak13 03-16-2017 08:58 PM

I have tried several times to get the actual price (for either electric or glow) and availability, with no success. Went ahead and ordered a couple of Curares from Shweighofer. They charged less than $40 for shipping of both!
Now let's see when they actually arrive.

Too bad the arrows are more a myth than reality.

Skyaviations 03-17-2017 12:13 PM

Tomorrow we update here information`s about the project.

Greetings

Sky Aviations Team

toddblose 03-17-2017 12:25 PM

Thanks Dieter, there is a lot of interest in both versions of the Arrow but no one has answered any of the questions that have been asked. Looking forward to the update on the Glow fuse and when the planes will be shipped.

Yak13 03-18-2017 05:57 PM

Tomorrow, as in "Tomorrowland"?

countilaw 03-18-2017 08:11 PM

Well tomorrow came and went and no new information. I think everyone should go back and read the first post very carefully and take note of how wrong it sounds.

This guy got his arrow and he was going to start putting it together. So it's been 9 months and no picture of his Arrow.

But he has asked twice now for pre-orders at a discount.

Skyaviations 03-19-2017 05:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We want tolet you know in this forum: We decided to enhance the structural design and theproduction process of this classic ARF.
Many thanks to all who are interested in theproject.Such kind of an ARF project isnot an easy one - and needs its time.
The electric prototype had been test-flownsuccessfully, but we had our factory build also the glow version prototypebefore we would commission a production run - fortunately.Three weeks ago we finally got the glowfuselage. Checking it revealed some problems in accomplishing both an electricand a glow version – as I said: it's not easy.
We wanted the same fuselage design for bothversions, only the turtledecks may be different.But the glow version needs a much more ruggedfuselage than the electric version. Another problem is how to design thefuselage nose so it can accommodate different glow engines and electric motorsalike.
A fixed turtledeck is a less than perfectsolution since it should be easily detachable at the field. The existing designwas not good enough in our eyes, as was the whole fuselage structure which wasnot as rugged as needed for the glow version. Besides, the exhaust blowing overthe Ultracote covering would make the fuselage look awful after a few flights.
After a lot of pondering and discussing we nowdecided for a fiberglass fuselage.Todaywe finished the CAD design and next week we will mill the plug.
The built-up wings and tails from our"wood factory" are no problem, their quality is excellent. Coveredwith Ultracote (German: Oracover), the wing halves and tail feathers are justabout perfect.
Fuselage production will begin soon. It willbe a convenient ARF fuselage, ready for easy R/C and drive installation.
As an accessory we can offer a 3D-printeddummy Webra 61 Racing. Our ‘Made in Italy’ wing bags are just finished.
The projectis making good progress. Have a look at the pictures at our website. Wewill update it soon.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206096http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206097http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206098

@Countilaw:We introduced the project nine months ago, that is correct – but we acceptedfirst orders only late November / early December 2016. And we announced thatthe plane would be finished not before March. That didn't work out due to theproblems mentioned above, but I believe it will take only a few more weeks toget the ARF ready.

kingaltair 03-19-2017 11:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Countilaw and others- Frank, and anyone interested in the glo Arrow--let me tell you what I know of SkyAviations, then give my opinions for what they are worth.

First, Dieter at Sky Aviations LOVES classic pattern aircraft, and wants to produce a quality product for both European and American modelers. I have talked to him a number of times on the phone and his enthusiasm for pattern and quality is evident to me. Personally, I got one of the early Marabu models which was built and covered to a high level of quality, (see attached.) When I first looked at it when it arrived direct from the factory in China, it looked like it was primarily designed as an electric ARF. That is easy to understand due to the fact they have severe noise restrictions in Europe, the vast majority of planes there are electric. Even muffled models aren't quiet enough. I presume the Marabu and Komet have been test-flown with a glo engine, (a glo motor mount was included, but I'm not 100 certain, so I can't talk about that. Since in my own situation, I had been thinking about trying out an electric for a long time, and since the ARF looked "happiest" and easiest to assemble as an electric, I decided to make it my first electric, and it's about ready for its first flight. I look forward to flying this model that won both the 1969 and 1971 worlds. BTW--I love the realistic way the retracts I got from Dieter work, and the units appear to be rugged enough, (hopefully rugged enough for me). :o

Sky Aviations is a pretty ambitious company that wants a number of models for you to choose between and is constantly working on them. Now they are producing an Arrow. The electric Arrow appears to be fine, but the glo version is being re-engineered and hasn't been fully tested or flown. It looks to me like Dieter is genuinely trying hard to satisfy his primarily American market by producing a stronger, quality Arrow suitable for strong 2-strokes. Since I believe Dieter is committed to quality, he will do exactly what he says he will do, but I think he's inadvertently gotten ahead of himself a bit, and he's not there yet with the final product. Because of that, he is offering a deal for anyone who wants the re-engineered version, and is willing to wait a while for it to be finished and test-flown. It is up to the individual to either take advantage of the early production deal or not, but I have no doubt that Dieter intends the plane will be a quality product very close to the original when it is done. Like any manufacturer, areas for improvement make themselves known, and the ARF is improved over time.

Dieter--Do not become discouraged--it is not unusual for Americans to want a proven, completed plane that has been thoroughly test-flown before they spend hundreds of dollars for it. That is what we are used to over here. They are not being critical of you or Sky Aviations--they want the Arrow, but they need to be positive it will be strong enough for the powerful glo engines that will be powering this high-performance model. These things take time, and I'd advise you to offer the electric version while updating us on your progress, and the test flights. I believe that the re-engineered glo version will be worth waiting for.
Duane
Newsletter Editor
Senior Pattern Association, (SPA)
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206152http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206153http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206154

toddblose 03-19-2017 05:51 PM

Well said Duane, I would rather wait another 4 to 6 weeks and have a plane that Dieter is happy with than have a plane that would not hold up to the 2 stroke motors. I also believe Dieter is trying to do the right thing and not letting poor quality out the door.

countilaw 03-19-2017 07:24 PM

Dieter, I apologize if I seem indifferent to you plane. I've have seen many people ripped off on the net by people of unscrupulous intentions.

Send me your hard earned money and your plane will be shipped from China. Only later when the plane doesn't arrive and you go looking for your money from the guy you sent it to claims, your money is in China. No money, no plane and no recourse.

You might do better if you don't have a "U S representative" and let people deal directly with your web site. A web site that shows a physical address and using the most popular language in the world "English".

The planes I have seen look *****in and maybe one day I will own one.

Sorry if I seem pessimistic, but I've been told that I am really a nice guy.

Frank

Directout 03-20-2017 09:16 AM

preorders. I suppose they need some cash to start the production. but what happens if they can't sell enough preorders to start this production. will I get my money back??

countilaw 03-20-2017 09:54 AM

November 18 2016 Vquick states delivery date of Feb 2017 It's now March 2017 and the Electric version is not available.

Originally Posted by vquick (Post 12278477)
Ok the plane is available for preorder now with a discount price for preorder also delivery date is February 2017 the plane comes in 2 versions electric or glow version the plane will be ship from China directly to your house after check shipping cost is the best option the shipping is $80.00 and here is the link were you can pre order

https://www.skyaviations.com/en/clas...-planes/arrow/

November 28, 2016 Arrow productions have started. Productions means "On the assembly line" I don't think so.

Originally Posted by vquick (Post 12281018)
The Arrow productions have started, the planes can now be pre ordered. The production quantity is limited we will have electric and glow versions of this magnificent plane.

Please do not order in the shop, for inquiries please contact Victor Diaz at [email protected]

Please send your order to [email protected]

We look forward to receiving your order. Your Sky Aviations team

Vquick states he does a lot of things.

USA Rep. www.Skyaviations.com
USA Rep www.classicpattern.com
Jet Central www.jetcentral.com.mx/
Team Pilot for
OPTIPOWER Batt.
JETI Radio
MKS servos
Demon Cortex
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 D3 Advance Champion

Originally Posted by vquick (Post 12281026)
I do a lot of things

I just can't believe anything this guy says.

Mr. Dieter, you really need a new U.S. Rep.

Frank

Directout 03-20-2017 12:06 PM

let's stop this sad story. I want a Dirty Birdi from GP. Great Planes can you hear me ??

vquick 03-20-2017 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by countilaw (Post 12318090)
November 18 2016 Vquick states delivery date of Feb 2017 It's now March 2017 and the Electric version is not available.

November 28, 2016 Arrow productions have started. Productions means "On the assembly line" I don't think so.

Vquick states he does a lot of things.

USA Rep. www.Skyaviations.com
USA Rep www.classicpattern.com
Jet Central www.jetcentral.com.mx/
Team Pilot for
OPTIPOWER Batt.
JETI Radio
MKS servos
Demon Cortex
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 D3 Advance Champion

I just can't believe anything this guy says.

Mr. Dieter, you really need a new U.S. Rep.

Frank

I don't know whats your problem I follow instructions from Detier I don't control production process you don't even know me to say anything about me so leave out of your comments and this thread if you don't have anything positive to say

kingaltair 03-20-2017 09:42 PM

Frank/Dieter;

I can understand why you might be skeptical--but all I can tell you for sure is that I built a Marabu--finished it as my first electric with the retracts Dieter sells and everything with the plane seems OK quality-wise. I have built other ARFs, and the Marabu was well thought out. The builder can always .make little mods here and there if he feels the plane might benefit from it, but other than adding triangular stock to the motor box to beef it up a bit, I didn't see the need for any changes.

It seems to me that he's trying, but Dieter's first love in my opinion is vintage pattern and developing the planes. The "business" end of things is much harder with many production obstacles to overcome.. He may be trying to do too much too soon. Personally, I think he should slow down a little, get better organized, and take it slow. In the US we are accustomed to everything being worked out BEFORE the models are marketed. For example, my Marabu came with instructions in German, (not good if you are an American customer),and I didn't feel all that confident building the plane. Fortunately, I have a German friend who translated the instructions, (not all but the most important parts), into English for me. After that I was good to go. Now anyone who buys a Marabu has those translated instructions. I think these kinds of things should be worked out in advance in order to avoid confusion, and in the case of the Arrow, you can see we have too much confusion. Everything might be fine, but to us it appears that Dieter is ahead of himself when it comes to the glo version of the Arrow.

The market for a good ARF of the Arrow will be there when all the production problems are worked out, and everyone will be happier. I know that Sky Aviations needs a cash-flow, but on the other hand, people have to be SURE, (have confidence) in what they are buying, and that the company has its problems in check.

This is my best advice--I wish you well Dieter because we need quality ARFs of classic pattern planes. Take your time and get it right.

Duane

kingaltair 03-20-2017 09:55 PM

BTW--I met Victor when he came to one of our SPA contests and flew a Komet. He also did a jet demo, so indeed Victor DOES do "a lot of things". See the JULY-SEPT 2016 SPA newsletter for coverage of the Prattville contest

kingaltair 03-20-2017 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Directout (Post 12318133)
let's stop this sad story. I want a Dirty Birdi from GP. Great Planes can you hear me ??

I have one--contact me if you're interested...

Yak13 03-23-2017 08:30 PM

Kingaltair: PM sent, while we wait for the Arrows.

Ed

pitstop000 03-25-2017 09:58 AM

I'm glad to hear you've decided to go with a fiberglass fuse for the nitro version.
keep us posted!

Originally Posted by Skyaviations (Post 12317586)
We want tolet you know in this forum: We decided to enhance the structural design and theproduction process of this classic ARF.
Many thanks to all who are interested in theproject.Such kind of an ARF project isnot an easy one - and needs its time.
The electric prototype had been test-flownsuccessfully, but we had our factory build also the glow version prototypebefore we would commission a production run - fortunately.Three weeks ago we finally got the glowfuselage. Checking it revealed some problems in accomplishing both an electricand a glow version – as I said: it's not easy.
We wanted the same fuselage design for bothversions, only the turtledecks may be different.But the glow version needs a much more ruggedfuselage than the electric version. Another problem is how to design thefuselage nose so it can accommodate different glow engines and electric motorsalike.
A fixed turtledeck is a less than perfectsolution since it should be easily detachable at the field. The existing designwas not good enough in our eyes, as was the whole fuselage structure which wasnot as rugged as needed for the glow version. Besides, the exhaust blowing overthe Ultracote covering would make the fuselage look awful after a few flights.
After a lot of pondering and discussing we nowdecided for a fiberglass fuselage.Todaywe finished the CAD design and next week we will mill the plug.
The built-up wings and tails from our"wood factory" are no problem, their quality is excellent. Coveredwith Ultracote (German: Oracover), the wing halves and tail feathers are justabout perfect.
Fuselage production will begin soon. It willbe a convenient ARF fuselage, ready for easy R/C and drive installation.
As an accessory we can offer a 3D-printeddummy Webra 61 Racing. Our ‘Made in Italy’ wing bags are just finished.
The projectis making good progress. Have a look at the pictures at our website. Wewill update it soon.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206096http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206097http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2206098

@Countilaw:We introduced the project nine months ago, that is correct – but we acceptedfirst orders only late November / early December 2016. And we announced thatthe plane would be finished not before March. That didn't work out due to theproblems mentioned above, but I believe it will take only a few more weeks toget the ARF ready.

Yak13 05-15-2017 05:20 PM

Checking on this. Seven weeks later.

Any news on the Arrow?

toddblose 05-16-2017 05:59 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Just talked to Dieter at Sky Aviation and here is the progress on the fiberglass fuse Arrow. The molds are complete and the 1st fuse has been completed. The color samples have been sent to the guy making the fiberglass fuse and the covering has been sent to the wing and stab manufacturer. The plan is the 1st 2 planes will be tested to make sure the new fuse is correct and then they will be ready to sell. I will do a build thread and go through one of the Arrows and do the flight testing and a build thread here on RCU. I understand it is taking longer than expected but for one I am glad because I believe it will be a better plane in the end. I am also one of the guys that has a preorder in for 3 of them but so much happier that he went with the glass fuse and not balsa.

countilaw 05-18-2017 08:49 PM

I must admit, those are some very professional looking molds. They should produce some very good fuselages.

Frank