RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   EU1 A Production Pictures (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/9997393-eu1-production-pictures.html)

Deadstik 09-12-2010 06:21 PM

EU1 A Production Pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

These are the first production pictures of the EU1 A fuselage. It came out really nice and I will weigh it against an original Aero Composites version shortly. I believe this one is about 5 to 6 oz lighter than the original. More pictures later this week.

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]

8178 09-12-2010 06:47 PM

RE: EU1 A Production Pictures

Excellent work Dan! Made in the USA too!

PatternPilot 09-12-2010 07:21 PM

SWEET !!!!!!!!

So who gets to do the build thread ?:D

Scott Anderson
Performance Model Aviation

All good things take time... Like a fine wine

R_G 09-12-2010 07:32 PM

Very Nice Dan! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Do you use epoxy or polyester resin for your fuselages?

Deadstik 09-12-2010 08:04 PM

Ralph,

All of the CCA planes are made from epoxy and we use only S grade fiberglass. S grade is about 20% stronger than E glass.. more expensive.. but worth it.

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]

pitstop000 09-12-2010 09:00 PM

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Dan,
</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Now, all you need is the belly pan and the pipe tunnel divider, are they ready yet?

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Wing and stab cores are easy enough.

I see your getting closer.</div></div>

turbo.gst 09-12-2010 09:17 PM

Looks Fantastic!

PatternPilot 09-12-2010 09:43 PM

tough crowd...:D well I have seen the plug photos for the belly pan..

scott

pitstop000 09-12-2010 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: PatternPilot

tough crowd...:D well I have seen the plug photos for the belly pan..

scott
<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">What did I say? The belly pan and pipe divider would have been first on my parts list, easy? Right !</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">&ldquo; EU1 A Production Pictures&rdquo;</div>

PatternPilot 09-12-2010 10:49 PM

not to hijack the thread.. Paul, did you get the LA2 info.. ?

scott

mercura 09-13-2010 01:03 PM

Great work Dan, looks exellent.

Dave

smacfe 09-13-2010 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ooh Baaaby! As soon as mine gets to me I would love to do a build thread. Just got to hurry up and finish up my T2-A.

Scott

stuntflyr 09-13-2010 06:35 PM

I've got one of those.
Chris...

dhal22 09-13-2010 07:10 PM

so do I and it is as big as scott's is. definitely a big plane

zdog 09-15-2010 09:12 AM

Hi Dan,
the eu1a sure looks nice,when the original aero comp. first came out my friend and I had some of the first ones actually went to daves house to pick them up,what a nice flying airplane,we flew ours wiht rossi 61's mine weighed in at 9.25 lbs that was considered light for the time what aplus at 5 or 6 oz's lighter,keep up the good work
                                                                                           zdog

Atlanta 60 09-15-2010 10:38 AM

Good Stuff!!!

rcguy! 09-18-2010 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Deadstik

Hi,

These are the first production pictures of the EU1 A fuselage. It came out really nice and I will weigh it against an original Aero Composites version shortly. I believe this one is about 5 to 6 oz lighter than the original. More pictures later this week.

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]
Dan,
Do you have a weight for us? Any other pics to share? ETA on kits shipping?

Dave R.

rcguy! 09-22-2010 04:51 AM

Maybe Dan missed my above post?

Dave

8178 09-22-2010 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Dave
I expect Dan is out in the shop!

rcguy! 09-22-2010 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 8178

Dave
I expect Dan is out in the shop!
I know he has logged into RCU several times since my orignal post....

Dave

pitstop000 09-22-2010 07:51 PM

Hi,

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]
<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Okay, now its next week, how about the Belly Pan and Pipe Divider?</div>

Deadstik 09-22-2010 08:51 PM

I have just weighed both the Aero Composites fuselage and the CCA fuselage. The CCA fuselage is 1.4 oz heavier... yes, I said heavier. WHY?? Simple answer. ALL of the CCA planes are painted with epoxy primer in the mold. That difference will most likely be sanded off. The CCA plane already has the joiner line filled. Another difference is that the CCA EU1 has carbon fiber reinforcement to make the sides and vertical stab stiffer. For those who really like exact measurements, the CCA EU1 is 705 grams vs the AC EU1 at 655 grams. Converted the CCA EU1 is 24.85 ozs. More coming...mid terms at the college this week so really pushed for time.

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]

rcguy! 09-23-2010 05:01 AM

I have just weighed both the Aero Composites fuselage and the CCA fuselage. The CCA fuselage is 1.4 oz heavier... yes, I said heavier. WHY?? Simple answer. ALL of the CCA planes are painted with epoxy primer in the mold. That difference will most likely be sanded off. The CCA plane already has the joiner line filled. Another difference is that the CCA EU1 has carbon fiber reinforcement to make the sides and vertical stab stiffer. For those who really like exact measurements, the CCA EU1 is 705 grams vs the AC EU1 at 655 grams. Converted the CCA EU1 is 24.85 ozs. More coming...mid terms at the college this week so really pushed for time.

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]
Thanks Dan!
I was hoping for the 5-6 oz lighter mentioned in an earlier post by you. Got the weight of the pipe tunnel and belly pan too? ANY idea when the kits will ship? December 2010? March 2011? How about setting a GOAL? Here on the "North Coast" flying season is rapidly coming to an end. MANY missed ship dates have come and gone. Over 2 years later with just the belly pan needing to be done does not instill alot of confidence in CCA being able to "make good" on the EU1A or any others you offer for sale.
Seems the ONLY progress you made was when another fella offered an EU1-A fuse for sale. I KNOW you have full time day job and family obligations like MOST of US who have a "cottage" internet business, BUT continuing to miss delivery dates by many months (years really) makes you look bad, don't you think? I was HOPING a bit of "neeedling" would move things along but it seems I was wrong.

Good luck with the much delayed EU1-A. I for one have to move on and decide on another classic aircraft to build over the winter as I simply can't depend on CCA to have their version (From the AC molds to boot!) ready any time soon. Especially now the weather is gonna get cold even in your neck of the woods and we all know how that affects epoxy curing.

Dave Rigotti
HobbyCNC.com

Tim Redelman 09-23-2010 05:30 PM

WOW!!!!

Paternguy 09-23-2010 06:54 PM

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]
Thanks Dan!
I was hoping for the 5-6 oz lighter mentioned in an earlier post by you. Got the weight of the pipe tunnel and belly pan too? ANY idea when the kits will ship? December 2010? March 2011? How about setting a GOAL? Here on the ''North Coast'' flying season is rapidly coming to an end. MANY missed ship dates have come and gone. Over 2 years later with just the belly pan needing to be done does not instill alot of confidence in CCA being able to ''make good'' on the EU1A or any others you offer for sale.
Seems the ONLY progress you made was when another fella offered an EU1-A fuse for sale. I KNOW you have full time day job and family obligations like MOST of US who have a ''cottage'' internet business, BUT continuing to miss delivery dates by many months (years really) makes you look bad, don't you think? I was HOPING a bit of ''neeedling'' would move things along but it seems I was wrong.

Good luck with the much delayed EU1-A. I for one have to move on and decide on another classic aircraft to build over the winter as I simply can't depend on CCA to have their version (From the AC molds to boot!) ready any time soon. Especially now the weather is gonna get cold even in your neck of the woods and we all know how that affects expoxy curing.

Dave Rigotti
HobbyCNC.com

I agree wow, What a DB move.