Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
 Georgetown Club 40 race canceled, the corn is too high! >

Georgetown Club 40 race canceled, the corn is too high!

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Georgetown Club 40 race canceled, the corn is too high!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Georgetown Club 40 race canceled, the corn is too high!

With a disappointing decision I had to make this week our corn at the GAMA field is just too tall to have the race at this time!...:O( Bob Petrinec and I have talked about this off and on for two weeks now and I have made the decision to postpone the June 9th race until after the rancher picks the corn! I will repost the new date for the race after we know when the corn will be down. Probably the end of September but I will know more at a later date. Again I apologize but the corn is only 3 feet from the edge of the runway and if someone go’s in it will be hell to find so that is why we will postpone to a later date. It was a tough choice to make…:O/

Gary

Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 PM

Default RE: Georgetown Club 40 race canceled, the corn is too high!

That Sucks, BUT I remember racing in the corn in 2008-2009? it sucked even worse.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Yup, a lot of time gets wasted trying to find a downed plane, I remember we had someone with a Pom-Pom on the top of a pole and as he walked in the cornfield he had it raised so we could see where he was and we called out directions to him to guide him to the downed plane, it still took a long time.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:09 AM

That is why unfortunately!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:35 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Gary,

Do we have a tentative date on the reshcedule? I have a non refundable hotel room but I can move my reservation date if you have one in mind..
Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 PM

I don’t have a date yet but it will probably be at the end of September! I just don’t want to get any less than 2 weeks within the Nationals up in Waco on Oct. 13 & 14 The corn is usually down around the first or second week of September? We will be having the race so you should be able to use your room. When the corn starts to dry I will get with the rancher and he will let me know when he is going to harvest it. When I find out I will post it and send out email, not everyone fallows RCU

fish
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 AM

Sorry to hear this but I understand.  I rember the other race with tall corn we spent all day looking for airplanes.

I have been talking to Dub Jett & Randy Rich about comming to Waco for a three pole pylon clinic Dub said mid June would be good.  When is the giant scale race in Kansas? Randy said he had that and something at Bommer Field to attend.  We have a 3 pole short course set up (475 feet).
Old 05-26-2012, 07:11 PM

Hay Jim, what planes will be flown on the three pole course, Club 40, 424, EF!? It’s been 20 years since I have raced three poles. I would like to see how this is now done with no workers on the race course and even offer my help as a critic as to the way it used to be.
Bob
Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 PM

The USRA Series is June 21 - 24, 2012 at El Dorado KS

Gary
Old 05-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Bob you can bring anything you can see that far away
ORIGINAL: Oldbob

Hay Jim, what planes will be flown on the three pole course, Club 40, 424, EF!? It’s been 20 years since I have raced three poles. I would like to see how this is now done with no workers on the race course and even offer my help as a critic as to the way it used to be.
Bob
Old 05-26-2012, 08:50 PM

Thanks Gary
ORIGINAL: gefisher

The USRA Series is June 21 - 24, 2012 at El Dorado KS

Gary
Old 05-27-2012, 05:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Oldbob

Bob
"Offer my help as a critic"
That's a big surprise! NOT
Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 PM

Good news for all Texas Club 40 racing fans, the June 9th race has found a new venue in central Texas. It will be in Hico Texas just north of Lampasas Texas. The new club (The Buzzardbusters R/C Club) has received their AMA charter #5093 and AMA approval to have club 40 races at their field. This is a new venue, so let’s all be there to show our support.
The Georgetown club is lending a helping hand to get this new site on the map for Club 40 Racing. The Buzzardbutters will be running the show but Gary Fisher of the Georgetown club will be the CD to help them get started. I am providing my contact data base so all you guys will get the WORD. Be there.
The main contact person in the Hico club is Charles Krempin; e-mail [email protected] If you have any questions about the field, contact him. The location of the field is 705 Chestnut, Hico TX 78457; the coordinates are Latitude 31 degrees; 59 min, 24.43 sec North; Longitude 98 degrees; 1 min. 5.61 sec West. Please let them know if you are coming.

Bob

P.S. Ted, hope this will work for you on your room!...:O)