Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Alabaster, first race of the year !

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Alabaster, first race of the year !

Old 03-24-2014, 07:32 AM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alabaster, first race of the year !

Just to remind you guys our first race is next weekend and we at the Alabaster club are looking forward to seeing you guys !
Knock the dust off and get ready to race. The field will be open Friday the 28th for practice !!
We will fly 6 rounds with the top 12 going to the A,B, and C main, also have Hot dogs, cokes ,and chips for lunch ! Come on down for a fun day of Racing !!!! Same rules from last year will apply ...

Dave...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:53 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOO HOO Dave!!! Glad to hear the first Alabama race of the year will be on !! Really looking forward to being there and just to get out of the house for a change I have not flown once since your race last year....yeah, Im behind a little bit. The thing is that nobody is going to notice one bit since I fly pretty bad anyway, hahahahha!!!

JimBob Andrews called me tonite just to check in on me and he says he is bringing the allmighty new LA Racer and for all of us just to step out of the way as he is gonna hit the finish line 3/4 lap ahead of everyone. I told him to "bring it on "

Thanks for hosting the big first race of the year and see ya Saturday Dave!!
JMc
Old 03-25-2014, 06:46 AM
gefisher
My Feedback: (2)

Hey John, glad to see ya up and at it! Just like riding a bike!

fish
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ernie and I are planning on being there. I think that Greg Doe is also planning on coming. .

If I remember correctly we are supposed to go fast and turn left? or was it right?
Tim
Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 AM
dphill2

Hahahaha I hope you do turn RIGHT !!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:51 PM
bigblueswope

Just found out about the race Sunday. Haven't flown my Sky Raider since last fall's race, took 'er to the field yesterday, cranked 'er up and was spraying 15% nitro all over the front of the plane. Pulled the tank and found the stopper was loose. Cranked down on the screw and put it up in the air. While I was loosening up the ole thumbs I noticed a wheel was gone. Managed to land 'er on the mains and stay on the mains (thank you tall grass off the end of the runway). Ran to the house, got a wheel and collett of an old airframe and had it back up in no time.

Turned a bunch of laps, without any poles to judge distance, and you're dead on Gary, just like riding a bike.

Hoping this wind will die down so I can brush up some more because I intend to be there Saturday. Looking forward to it fellas.

BJ
Old 03-25-2014, 04:35 PM
dphill2

Hey BJ I'm glad you found all of your loose screws before Saturday !!!

Dave..
Old 03-26-2014, 04:50 AM
bigblueswope

Well at least the loose screws on the plane, the ones in my head are still rattling around.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:50 AM
dphill2

Hey we all got a few of those !!!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Tbatt

Dave, I will be at the race Saturday. Ernie has been sick this week and hasn't committed yet.

Do you need me to run the matrix for you? If so I'll bring my PC and printer.

Tim
Old 03-27-2014, 07:19 AM
dphill2

Hi Tim,
Yes I would like for you to run the matrix for us, if you would !!

Thanks in advance !
Dave..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:27 AM
Tbatt

You got it! It will be great to see the gang again and get some racing in.

See ya Saturday morning.
Tim
Old 03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
dphill2

went out to the field today and the field is in great shape. The grass is like a pool table !!
Now if we can get some help from the weather man.
As of now, Saturday AM may have some showers but the forecast is they will be gone by mid Am. I say we will RACE !!! so come on down !!

Dave
Old 03-28-2014, 04:58 AM
bigblueswope

It is supposed to be windy as all get out though...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	saturda.png
Views:	46
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1982237  
Old 03-28-2014, 06:59 AM
dphill2

Guy's
After looking at the forecast and the amount of rain we have had, I think it will be better if we call this race for a later date !!
Let any of your friends know because of the wind and rain I don't think it will be a good day for racing .
We will try and reschedule this race and will post it to the Alabama race schedule on RCU !!

Dave..
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Tbatt

Dave,

Your call to cancel the race was a good one! The morning looked ok but by noon here it was way too windy to be flying anything other than a brick.

Any idea when the new date will be set?

Tim
Old 04-02-2014, 06:15 PM
dphill2

Tim,
I agree about the call as we had rain up till 11 AM and then the wind started blowing just like they forecast !
I'm sure it would have been a miserable day for all. Our club meeting is Thursday night and I will see what date we have available. I have a pattern contest that I'm the CD on the 26&27of this month and I don't want to take too many Saturdays from the members.
Let me know if you guys want to have the make up date, early in the year or late, and that will help me pick a date !!!

Dave..
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 PM
davidgeorge212

It worked out good for me that the race was postponed. I have been stuck at work on Saturdays but it will probably come to an end after April. Seems to get busy every year around this time, thats why I missed last years first race of the season at alabaster. Plus, it gives me more time to tinker around on the clock programming before the next race.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
davidgeorge212

Any more thoughts on rescheduling the Alabaster Race?

It seems like no matter what car or truck horn I try, its just not loud enough. I ordered a set of 150 db train horns with an air tank and compressor and plan on installing them on my clock when they get here. I also have some plans in the works for fixing the range on my start/ stop transmitter. It would be great to try them out in another race this year at Alabaster.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM
dphill2

Yeah there is David , We were looking for a date that did not interfere with other events !! I think we are going to do one in October and keep up the Chili for lunch thing..
I hate that We missed the T Town event as we had some problems with Peggy's health that did not allow room for Racing airplanes !! Anyway glad all had a good time and
wish I could have seen everybody, maybe next year !! Let me hear from you guy's if you would like to have a end of the year race !! and I'll make er happen..

Dave..
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 AM
bigblueswope

Originally Posted by davidgeorge212 View Post
Any more thoughts on rescheduling the Alabaster Race?

It seems like no matter what car or truck horn I try, its just not loud enough. I ordered a set of 150 db train horns with an air tank and compressor and plan on installing them on my clock when they get here. I also have some plans in the works for fixing the range on my start/ stop transmitter. It would be great to try them out in another race this year at Alabaster.
David,

The horn was plenty loud at T-Town. And I'm hard of hearing, just ask my wife...
Old 08-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Tbatt

Originally Posted by dphill2 View Post
Yeah there is David , We were looking for a date that did not interfere with other events !! I think we are going to do one in October and keep up the Chili for lunch thing..
I hate that We missed the T Town event as we had some problems with Peggy's health that did not allow room for Racing airplanes !! Anyway glad all had a good time and
wish I could have seen everybody, maybe next year !! Let me hear from you guy's if you would like to have a end of the year race !! and I'll make er happen..

Dave..
Dave,

We have a big 4 day Aerotow event here the first week of October (2-5th).

Tim
Old 08-18-2014, 06:52 PM
WSwope
My Feedback: (5)

I would like to attend.The only conflict I may have would be a race in Waco,Tx Oct 25 and 26.From a completely selfish point of view I would love to warm up the previous weekend in Alabaster
Thanks,Will