Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
.40 alternatives to the Thunder Tiger PRO 40 >

.40 alternatives to the Thunder Tiger PRO 40

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

.40 alternatives to the Thunder Tiger PRO 40

Old 12-23-2014, 02:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .40 alternatives to the Thunder Tiger PRO 40

As soon as the TT PRO 40 went on Limted Supply or Out of Stock on Tower, I ordered one of these ASP S40AII 2 Stroke Glow Engine with Muffler for Airplane. I got it yesterday and recorded a video this morning before work that covers some logistics. It will be a few days before I can start running it because of weather.

RCPRO Club 40 has allowed other engines even though some groups ran the TT PRO 40 exclusively.

The video is at http://youtu.be/9WoNAcxUVoo

http://youtu.be/9WoNAcxUVoo
Old 12-23-2014, 04:13 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ASP and GMS motors are made mostly of butter. So soft I could strip a thread just by looking at it.

Kurt
Old 01-13-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys are looking for someone that still has .40 2-stroke engines why not look into K&B, I found out they still offer all their engines and have a website called Mecoa.com. I guess they make engines for rc boat racers because their banner was at the AMA expo at a racing boat vendor. Just wondered if you guys knew about this or not, hope it helps.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:19 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer44dd
If you guys are looking for someone that still has .40 2-stroke engines why not look into K&B, I found out they still offer all their engines and have a website called Mecoa.com. I guess they make engines for rc boat racers because their banner was at the AMA expo at a racing boat vendor. Just wondered if you guys knew about this or not, hope it helps.
Talk about coming full circle! lol There will be a time not so far off when glow engines will be tough to find.