Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Club 40 in Alabama

Old 11-10-2015, 07:41 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club 40 in Alabama

Well, I can't remember the last race I went to for club 40 in Alabama. Is club 40 dead now or are there any clubs still having events?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:54 PM
GREG DOE

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Dave, Sorry to say that there weren't any Club 40 races in the Tenn. Ala. area this year. Mike Tally and I represented our circuit at the Nats, and I think that was the only Club 40 racing that we got to do this year. Maybe our group needed a break? A few of the guys who raced with us have moved on to other interests. Right now the closest races are in Indiana, and Texas. And Texas isn't very close! Maybe we can drum up some interest for next year? It's been announced that Club 40 will again be flown at the Nats, and that the Evolution 46 will be allowed to compete with the TT Pro 40, since Pro 40's are out of production. Greg
Old 11-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Ken Erickson

Thanks, Dave and Greg.

I was about to post here asking anyone in Alabama who wanted to race Club 40 to start talking about it. I have talked to a couple of people over the past year, and will continue to do so. However, none of us have a great solution. My thought is to encourage anyone who is interested to schedule a race, advertise it to clubs within a hundred miles and see who comes.

When we were working to get the Indiana circuit started, there were several races with only 4 participants. While I say, "The more the merrier", racing with 3 to a heat and 4 or more racers is still a lot of fun.

If anyone is interested and does not have a matrixing scheme for a small number of racers, I will send you mine. It is and Excel workbook and lets you race more people, when you have a small number, than Paul Herman's NMPRA program. We use it for 8 or less pilots.

Greg mentioned the new engine for Club 40 Silver. ( and AMA 424) It seems to be exactly what we need.
If you want, call me at 812-418-8124.

Ken Erickson
Club 40 Rules Committee Chairman

Last edited by Ken Erickson; 11-11-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:10 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Groups that do the best are the ones that follow the RCPRO rules and utilize the RCPRO resources.

Now , with Club 40 Gold, some groups that have been flying .46 ball bearing engines may join our fold.

I will be working on getting Club 40 Bronze and Club 40 Gold going in the Carolinas again. I will run Silver if people want it.

Last edited by DonStegall; 12-10-2015 at 04:29 PM.