Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

2021 Club 40 Race scedule

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

2021 Club 40 Race scedule

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 07:08 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 2021 Club 40 Race scedule

2021 Club 40 race dates are shaping up!

In 2020 Clint Seyer was the one to beat in Silver class, and David Poland has a strangle hold on the Bronze racers. Will 2021 be the same?

Our field at MCR/C will have corn planted this year so we are scheduled to hold the first two races of the year at our field before the corn becomes too tall and starts to eat airplanes. Our plan is to hold 6 races spaced out at about one month intervals at 4 different fields.
Two pole racing will make you a better pilot. All you need is a (stock) Airborne Models Skyraider 2, a LA Racer or a Sig 4-Star.
If you have thought about racing or want to come and learn more about racing this is about the easiest place to come and learn and BTW you will have a lot of fun, guaranteed!

Expect to see an event flyer once we have the August race date nailed down but the other five races are confirmed so mark your calendar. All races will have a similar format and the timeline starts at 10AM to allow those who need to travel plenty of time to arrive and get a test flight in.

22 May Monroe County R/C

26 June Monroe County R/C

24 July Galveston R/C Funflyers

August TBA

25 Sep Seymour Southern Indiana Flying Eagles

16 Oct Galveston R/C Funflyers

2021 RCPRO Club 40 Racing
Registration 10:00 to 10:20, Pilot Meeting at 10:30, Group Picture at 10:50, Racing starts at 11:00
Fee $10.00,
Lunch will be available. (Depending on CV-19 rules)
Race Fuel Provided by Ritch’s Brew 15% Synthetic 3% Castor blend (NMPRA spec fuel)

I have several used Bronze and Silver engines priced to move. I can also get a limited number preflown airplanes as well as NIB Airplanes.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:10 AM
elmshoot

Our third scheduled Club 40 race of the year is this Saturday July 24. Galveston IN. Our second race was cancelled in Bloomington, IN. We had standing water on the field and it really hasn't improved much since then with frequent rains. Up North in Indiana it should be nothing but hot and fast racing.
Plan to get there early if you need to get some practice flights in before registration.

Sparky
Old 08-12-2021, 05:40 AM
elmshoot

Note the change in location for our next race in the valley of speed MCRC just north of Bloomington Indiana.

Sparky

Old 09-03-2021, 07:19 AM
elmshoot

August Club 40 race report

The MCRC held its second Club 40 race of the 2021 season in the “Valley of Speed”. The weather forecast was as predicted, it was Hot! The races were even more hotly contested than any this year. It has been years since we saw the kind of action that happened Saturday.
As always our course workers really made this easy, your help is appreciated. Score Keeper was Brayton Thompson, Rick Hill was the Starter, Pylon #1 Dennis Friesel, Pylon #2 Terry Sloan, Lap counters were Bill Strack, Gary Waters and his cousin Jesse Greenwell from the Columbus club.

We had 6 pilots in the Bronze class so we ran two heats of three planes per round and the Silver racers numbered 4 so we alternated with the Bronze guys in the line up.
Our remote release system (Stooge) worked perfectly and there were no other equipment related issues.
Welcome Kit Gerhart into the Bronze class of racing! He was doing very well in his first pylon race and by the end of the day posted some really decent times. Brice was experiencing Silver class racing for the first time having moved up from Bronze after last year. Well done to both of you!
I have been in contact with the importers of LA Racers and Skyraiders he is out of stock of Skyraiders and doesn’t expect to have them back in stock until 2022. LA Racers are available and I’ll have three of them available soon. Expect price to be around $175.
If you know some one who has an airframe that doesn’t want to race, have then contact me I am interested in gently used airplanes to pass onto others to race. This year I have found new homes for at least 4 planes.

Bronze finish:

1. Ted 18 1:40.41*
2. Kit 13 1:45.9
3. Tim3 13 1:56.84
4. Ned 11 2:00.6
5. Jake 9 1:59.16
6. Ken 7 1:59.89

Silver
Clint 18 1:25.53**
Tim. 12. 1:27.16
3. Matt. 11. 1:36.2
4. Brice. 5. 1:34.59
Fast Time
** Fast Time less than 2 seconds off the world record.

Our next race is September 25 in Seymour .
Until then Go fast and turn Left!
See you then.

Sparky

PS for those of you who didn’t come race with us look at this attachment and particularly item #5.

I will not be competitive!!

I will not be competitive until I realize that there are no secrets except hard work. This can be an expensive sport, the one who spends the most time wins. Time is Money$
I will not be competitive until I realize that the Judges are not the problem, My flying is.
I will not be competitive until I learn how to trim my airplane so I do not have to fight it. I will not assume that because I have been flying for years, I know how to trim.
I will not be competitive until I learn how to test and compare data so that I can make my own conclusions, taking the advice of others and treating that input like just another datum point.
I will not be competitive until I fly in every event and attend every meet that I can. I will not wait until I have had enough practice to avoid "embarrassing" myself. The only real practice is racing. I cannot compete unless I participate, and I will never know if I am competitive unless I race.
I will not be competitive until I learn how to accept change and test and try every idea that comes along, even when I already know it will not work. At the same time, I will realize that when someone says, "I know for a fact", they probably have their facts wrong.
I will not be competitive until I can read this completely and realize that it applies to ME too!!

Feel free to pass our race announcement onto anyone who you think will be interested in racing.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:47 AM
elmshoot

The weather forecast was for light rains that may have come through before 8 AM but I never saw any. When I arrived around 0830, our host Bob Bast the president of the Southern Indiana Flying Eagles club was waiting and I assisted him in setting up the pylons for our event.
As flyers arrived and got a few practice laps in, I met with the course workers and got everything ready for the race.
If you aren’t familiar with the SIFE model site it is in the Northwest corner of the Freeman Field airport in Seymour, Indiana. This airport has history back to WW2 when it was a training base for pilots. It has a very nice museum documenting its time as a military base and post war evaluation of captured military aircraft. I have many flights into and out of the airfield with my Cessna as well. The museum is worth the trip!

This is the first time in several years we have raced at this venue and it is one of the best model sites in Indiana. Blessed with wide open flying areas and short beans in the adjacent field we were set to race!
Races were in the two classes Bronze and Silver based on type of engines being used.
The Bronze guys didn’t disappoint, they were experienced racers. On the first race it became apparent with the combination of sun angle, low clouds and flat light the planes caught the racers out providing only a silhouette of the plane. They soon figured out what was up and down and the pilots got on with the task.
Silver race planes went faster but the racing was just as fierce with Clint finding the rare Evolution .46 that didn’t break and twisted his APC 9x6 propellers to RPM’s I’ve never seen before.

After we completed racing Bob and his SIFE crew cooked up some hotdogs and lunch was served. For desert we had a “Death By Chocolate” birthday to celebrate my anniversary provided by Tim Porter and friends. Thank you all very much!
After six rounds of racing the results found a tie in the top spot in Bronze between David Poland who has reigned as king of the hill for several seasons and Tim Porter who has made great strides in his racing over the year. The nod went to David as he also had fast time.
David is just recovering from back surgery so we weren’t sure he would have the energy to complete the races but he prevailed! By the way racing is good rehabilitation!
Silver had Clint Seyer win the event, only dropping one race to Matt in the 6 races with fast time in windy conditions. Followed by Matt Fornefeld and Tim Sparks in third with a brand new LA Racer he scrambled to assemble after his return from the Reno Air races the weekend before.

Our last race of the season is just around the corner in Galveston, Indiana on October 16th. I’m not sure why we had lower participation at this race but I look forward to all the racers coming out and participating and support our grass root racing. There are some excellent racers here in Indiana and we can’t thrive without your participation in the next race and into 2022!

Bronze:
David Poland 15 1:47*
Tim Porter 15 1:51
Ned Gochenour 6 2:06

Silver:
Clint Seyer 17 1:36*
Matt Fornefeld 12 1:38
Tim Sparks 7 1:41

fast time

I want to welcome two new racers for the season Kit Gerhardt who is a lifelong modeler and young Var Brynildssen new to model racing.

Sparky
PS I will have a LA40 ARF available for sale at the Galveston $170 cash and a few bronze engines for an additional $10 with the purchase of the plane.