Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

BUY & SELL NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:27 PM
tejician1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BUY & SELL NOT WORKING

Glad I logged onto this page....I have not been able to log onto or surf around on RCU for good deals on model goodies for several days...thought my 'puter was pooping out on me...then I saw the blurb referencing the site was shut down for maintenance ( ?????!!!??) You guys cleared a few things up for me and now I feel much better knowing my computer is not losing it's electrons....
Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
aerolou
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TripleDeucer

Ain't life sweet in this age of instant gratification.

By the way, I don't think anyone is making any offers to check on.
I know I have an offer woiting for me.
Still can't get in [&o]
Old 12-05-2010, 03:24 PM
hzamb29015

RC Universe dont add any more frustrations to our lifes, fix the problem, inform the people, apoligize, give a better service, do not let it happenen again .............
Old 12-05-2010, 04:24 PM
RC Invasion
My Feedback: (34)

I started my own, [link=http://www.Rcinvasion.com]RCINVASION[/link]

Regards,
Harold C.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
rcfanatic55
My Feedback: (12)

y wont rcu work im trying to sell my lst cheap or trade it but this site is pissing me off does anyone know the reason as for y
Old 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: TripleDeucer

Ain't life sweet in this age of instant gratification.

By the way, I don't think anyone is making any offers to check on.
Well spoken. I have someting in the classifieds for sale but was not getting any bites at all in the last several weeks. If the system was to break down...this is the best time of the year to do it. And I seriously doubt the wives are Christmas shopping for the guys in the buy / sell classifieds.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
poheller
My Feedback: (34)

Buy Sell is down because they switched from FASST to Spekturm, Please switch back to FASST it worked better.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, isn't this nice ... just three weeks until Christmas (and only one week to buy/sell in order to get gifts for Christmas) and RCU does maintenance! Not the best timing. And wouldn't you know it ... Murphy's Law kicks in.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:50 PM
rede2fly
My Feedback: (86)

ok its now getting old. time to get it fixed or at least say what you are doing to try and fix it. i need my fix of for sell items. and hey po heller i think you got that wrong, they went the other way around and cant find enough fans to keep the site working correct
Old 12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
oh44077
My Feedback: (5)

can not get on to buy and sell, keep getting notice server not responding, thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
angryrecords
My Feedback: (23)

I think RCUrockz. I would just try to be patient and let them fix the errors.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
mmffnick
My Feedback: (11)

still not working but happy to wait met a lot of good pepole over the year wouldnt trade that for any thing
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
geoardsog5
My Feedback: (31)

Wow-I can't believe it, an RCU meltdown at the biggest rc selling time of year.Now, I'm glad I held off posting my end of year selling ad's. John R.

www.rcaircraftworks.com
Old 12-05-2010, 11:27 PM
angryrecords
My Feedback: (23)

I've met some cool people on here as well and appreciate all sales and trades that have been made. Switching hosts or servers can cause a lot of downtime but You can still have fun while waiting for the issues to be sorted out. We had a few days of problems with our forum host as well, but those matters have been cleared up and taken care of. So try to stay positive. You know who your friends are.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
DOGG
My Feedback: (149)

I was on the buy/sell this morning.....it took a long time to flip a page though!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Monday , 6:45 AM Buy & Sell up and running. Still a few glitches but it is there. Joe
Old 12-06-2010, 04:15 AM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Monday , 7:13 AM Buy & Sell still not running. Still a few glitches (not running) it is not there. Wally

Hide Signatures
Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

maybe they need to charge more and the site would be up-good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patience.......................
Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 AM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

ORIGINAL: GSR

Also might be because that RCU was just sold again->

1.) Michael Kranitz and Marc Vigod have sold RCUniverse to Internet Brands, Inc. and will no longer be actively managing RCUniverse. IB is the leader in online communities and both Michael and Marc felt it was in the best interest of RCUniverse to allow IB's resources to further RCU and the R/C community in general.

Having a role in RCU since it began November 2001, I can say Michael and Marc will be missed as the owners of RCUniverse. It was very clear early on both were R/C enthusiasts and their passion for the hobby is what drove them to create and build RCUniverse into the premier online community for R/C. I suspect their passion for R/C will continue as they step away from RCU in a management capacity and pursue other ventures.

This acquisition leaves RCU in a great position to grow and expand. The IB team owns and operates state of the art community software, vBulletin, and is committed to improving all aspects of the RCU experience for advertisers, commercial members, and especially hobby enthusiasts. You can expect great things to come in 2011 and beyond; speed, simplicity, navigation, and more.

2.) One of these great things has happened already, RCUniverse and RCTech.net are now owned by the same company, Internet Brands. The opportunity from an advertising and product review standpoint is staggering. Your company now has the advantage of cross-marketing two of the largest r/c communities online; a combined total of more than half a million members!

Did you catch that? Combined, these two websites represent a little over 550,000 r/c hobby enthusiasts. NO WHERE can you find and take advantage of this concentration of membership. And never has there been a better time to advertise! With more affordable rate structures and significantly more membership, now is the time to take a closer look at your ad budgets and how you're going to utilize RCUniverse.com, RCTech.net and Wattflyer.com in 2011.

3.) Your contact for advertising, reviews and questions is no longer Erick Royer. Erick has amicably separated from RCU in an effort to pursue his goals in other areas that benefit both his family and himself. I personally will miss everything he had done for RCU over the years and hope to continue building the relationships you've had with RCU as a result.

Please update your information if you haven't done so already and remove Erick's association with RCU in your contact list. My information is as follows-

Nathan Maat
Administrator & Advertising Director
For those that didn't see this. The Marketplace is down b/c they are calculating the Seller's Fees....and Listing Fees....and Posting Fees...and...[:-]

I hope not....precisely the reason why I am here...and why RCU is so great. Like Minded People....Exchanging Goods, Tips, Tricks, etc...Free-ly...making friends across the nation or the world.

Time will tell...
Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 AM
acobra
My Feedback: (40)

If they start charging fees for personal trading and selling, then I'm out of here. I support advertisers form this site and enjoy the forums but if they get so greedy as ?bay then I'm done and will find somewhere else to go and support their advertisers.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Dash7ATP

I had made several offers prior to Buy & Sell going down. I'd sure like to know if one of them has been accepted. Maybe I'll find out when the site is up again.

Dash
Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

I posted an excellent condition ZDZ-80 RV complete with pitts muffler ignition switch and battery and no offers now I see it is a problem being fixed by RCU "THE BEST RC SITE in my opinion-

Richard 301-740-0349
Old 12-06-2010, 06:44 AM
shosho
My Feedback: (57)

Still not able to log on to the buy and sell [&:]

[&:]
Old 12-06-2010, 06:50 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

anybody knows when Buy/Sell will come back? Seems it has been in this state for one week or so.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

There are viable alternatives. RCU's classified used to be modeled on the old RCO classifieds. RCG has that style and it works well. I prefer it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.