Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King Refunds

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King Refunds

Just thought I'd pass along a bit of fact. I'm not slamming or flaming HK just stating the facts. Several weeks ago I ordered a motor, esc and two batteries. After 6 weeks and no indication when the items would be in stock I cancelled the order and requested a refund. Hobby King politely apologized for the inconvenience then added that the funds would be refunded in 4 to 6 weeks! So I put my faith in HK and pay for back ordered items and when they take too long in the process and the order is cancelled they sort of penalize you by holding your money for 4 to 6 more weeks. I disagree with this policy and will not pay for backorders in the future. They take so long on the backorders that it negates any savings you might realize by buying from them.

Happy Flying!

Loopman [:-]
Old 06-30-2011, 06:19 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King Refunds

Hobbyking's poor customer service is very well documented on RCU. They also don't warranty anything unless you pay to ship it back to them and it meets their standards for defective. They are a warehouse operation that cuts prices to the bone and skimps on everything. If you order from them you get a cut rate product eventually, but that's about all you can ask. If you want service, order from Tower or TBM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

This is a trick question, right? Refund from Hobby King? A contradiction in terms.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 AM
outdoorhunting

With the reputation they have. Non-existent customer service, 4 to 6 weeks for a refund. ALL WELL documented!!!! And STILL people buy from them??????????? CHEAP, sometimes ain't the way to go !!! It's like- I find a $100. motor for 40 bucks, I know the company will more than likely NOT SEND IT & IF they do & I have a problem with it, I'll get stuck with NO CHANCE for a refund or service. OR, I could go to someone like Tower & get it for 90 bucks & KNOW that they WILL stand behind it. Humm, what will I do, what WILL I DO ??????? GUYS, IT DON'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE THIS ONE OUT !!!! What REALLY amazes me, is after you buy from those crooks, you then advertize just how stupid you are here on RCU & buy their crap. I really don't feel a bit sorry for you guys that KEEP getting ripped off by these outfits!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I figured I'd be throwing away the ($90 or so, as I recall.) The GeeBee R3 with the Texaco color scheme, ARF foamie with servos, motor & ESC included/installed. Ordered around the 17th (there was a promotion going on) and held my breath. I think the plane was $70 or so, and the regular (not overnight) shipping brought it up to around $90.

It arrived the 27th. Plain box, inside a cardboard backup. Absolutely not a word of printed material anywhere within, no pictures on the box or anything. Went together easily, haven't flown it yet. Maybe try it this weekend. Must remember to come up with a screw to hold the wing on, that's the only thing that seems to be omitted.

I lowered my expectations, and they were met and exceeded. Don't know that I'll try again, but this one looks good so far.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

I personally like the motors, batteries and esc's I have gotten from HK. Cheap price does not always equate to cheap products. IMHO companies like Horizon, Tower, Hobby People can and do sell lemons all the time. Yes, they do stand behind their sales most of the time. I have been in contact with HK's CSR and she has been very polite and responsive. Just be advised that regardless of how and when payment was made their policy is 4 to 6 weeks for refunds. Lesson learned? Don't backorder with HK just have them put you on the e-mail notification list for the items that are out of stock. I'll probably buy from them in the future.

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
oskartek

After reading the stories of the trials and tribulations of the customers of HK I Looked around and found
Hobbypartz

http://www.hobbypartz.com/

Their prices on batteries are almost as economical and the shipping on over $25.00 is free.
They ship out of Ca. and I get my stuff in a week or less.
Don't know their affiliation but I've been buying from them for about a year and haven't been dissapointed yet.

Happy flying, Oscar

BTW Scar, I'vehada toilet seat hangin' in a tree in my back yard for a couple of years.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

+1 on Hobbypartz.com

I have purchased a bunch of batteries - Gens Ace- mid-size and larger (4s 2200 and 5s 4000 & 5300) - got them in about a week and they work great.

Very happy with them so far- haven't had to return anything yet, though...
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Boy...........Outdoorhunting has it spot on! Why anyone here would order from them & crab....whine & bitc* about it here when it goes South somehow are just a few fries short of a "happy meal" & deserve what they get. Your wife needs to give ya a good as* beating.............(might be fun)

Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I said it .........You can now let me have it.............

Tcat
Old 07-03-2011, 05:24 AM
outdoorhunting

Hey TCAT, I wonder how many of the gripers complain about the unemployment rate & turn around & buy from them turds from overseas !! I read a report last week that stated; If consumers would spend just 10% of their spendable income on " American Made" stuff, the unemployment rate would be around 2%.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
JollyPopper

Your figures could be correct, outdoorhunting. But the problem is that so much of the products that used to originate in the US have been outsourced to contries with cheaper labor. Try buying a TV made in the USA. How many computer products are made here? The consumer has very little choice but to buy from offshore manufacturers. Does any US componany build and market an RC radio system? Futaba, JR, Airtronics and Hitec are the big four. Are any of them made here? (That is a questionI don't know the answer). Fox still makes engines and maybe K & B, but the choice is severely limited. So maybe the root of the problem lies with the folks who decide where their products are manufactured rather than the end user.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 AM
JollyPopper

Interesting fact: I just recently bought a new Kodak camera. You see Kodak, you immediately think Eastman Kodak company right here in the good old USA, right? I just did a google search and find Kodak cameras are made in Afghanistan. I bought a camera without even thinking about it and find that even this good old American company is producing its products overseas.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 PM
cemotto

thanks all people...
Old 07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have received excellent products from HK and HobbyPartz.  All batteries from up to 3 years ago are still providing excellent  capacity while thunderpower and csrc are toast.  To each his own.
Motors work great too.     
Old 07-16-2011, 01:23 PM
caseycherish08

AT Least they offer a refund.....HobbyTown USA wont even do that .... they dont stand behind anything they sell!!! "no refunds " its on the wall they say. ... I told them the problem with that policy is that they dont post the sign that says " We sell nothing but crap" beside the no refunds sign.

USE THE POWER OF YOUR DOLLAR AND STOP GIVING IT TO THE CUT RATE HOBBY STORES!! BOYCOTT HOBBYTOWN USA!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 PM
charlieoneseven

Lesson learned, Never order something that is on back order, just wait until they have it in stock most will even send you an email alert when stock is available.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

Hobbyking's poor customer service is very well documented on RCU. They also don't warranty anything unless you pay to ship it back to them and it meets their standards for defective. They are a warehouse operation that cuts prices to the bone and skimps on everything. If you order from them you get a cut rate product eventually, but that's about all you can ask. If you want service, order from Tower or TBM.

This sums it up very well by just stating the facts plain and simple. If you order from them you get cut rate rinky dink stuff at cut rate rinky dink prices and once you buy it they will see you later..
Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 AM
outdoorhunting

TOTALLY AGREED topspin !!! It never ceases to amaze me all these guys ordering from these overseas outfits, knowing the chance on getting ripped off is great. but they still order it & THEN come on here & cry like a baby, "they won't return my calls"!!!! Duh, apparently they think it won't happen to them !! How's it working out for you guys ??
Old 08-11-2011, 10:49 AM
imp3r10

ORIGINAL: oskartek

After reading the stories of the trials and tribulations of the customers of HK I Looked around and found
Hobbypartz

Their prices on batteries are almost as economical and the shipping on over $25.00 is free.
Don't know their affiliation but I've been buying from them for about a year and haven't been dissapointed yet.

Happy flying, Oscar

BTW Scar, I'vehada toilet seat hangin' in a tree in my back yard for a couple of years.
which are the good brands at hobbypartz and the batteries look pretty legit but i need some that will fit in my MERV

Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 PM
oskartek

ORIGINAL: imp3r10

Hobbypartz

Happy flying, Oscar

which are the good brands at hobbypartz and the batteries look pretty legit but i need some that will fit in my MERV

I've been using the SKY Lipos with good results, some of the guys in my club have also been using the Blue and the Black Lipos.

I also purchased the G 350 AC power supplyto usewith my Triton charger with good results for over a year.

You just have to check the dimensions on the battery packs to see if they will fit, if they do, good on ya.

I also found that Pay Palpayments go through Nitro Models of which I have heard good and bad.

Happyflying, Oscar
Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
scoped

Loopman did you get a refund from hobbyking in the end?
I'm currently waiting for one :P
and was wondering if they do actually give you one
Old 08-13-2011, 10:50 PM
SimonXi
Banned

Learn more about HK's customer service
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: scoped

Loopman did you get a refund from hobbyking in the end?
I'm currently waiting for one :P
and was wondering if they do actually give you one

ox·y·mo·ron ie Hobby King Refund.
   [ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-]
noun, plural ox·y·mo·ra  [ok-si-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] ox·y·mor·ons. Rhetoric .
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly”
Old 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
capncrunch
My Feedback: (5)

Let's be fair here.....You get what you pay for...and if a modeler is willing to pay low, then the quality may not be high (or as high as he expects). I have been dealing with HobbyKing for two years, and outside of the time spent waiting for deliveries, it has been a reasonably pleasant experience. Their motors batteries and escs all worked well and I felt I was getting between three and four to one on the value scale. I did experience some problems with their 100 HV ESCs and had two rather spectacular explosions. I carefully went through their return policy, and drove the two boxes down to their Lakewood WA return address. Turns out to be a UPS store. The nice lady accepted the packages (I didn't have to pay for shipping) and within a week I had a $320.00 credit on my account. There are Hobby shops who will not give refunds,only store credits so that is not all unusual. With Hobby King when you use the "Bonus Points" (read your credit) you have to still pay the shipping.

I might add that the two Castle Creation ICE 80 HV ESC's that I bought to replace the Chinese ones that blew up have been recalled, and I am waiting for repair/replacement. Castle stuff is gold, but everyone has problems.....
Old 08-30-2011, 04:34 AM
Rod Robbins

I'm also a regular customer of Hobbypartz.com for the same reasons you cited.
FYI, though, they've recently raised the cutoff for free shipping from $25 to $50.
Still a good deal, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.