Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Site Problems fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 04:47 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Site Problems fixed?

I use IE 8 and 9. I have had very few problems the last 4 days. ???
John
Old 03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think around 3:30 central time I could not get on at all. Otherwise it has been working better.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Edwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bye guys. This is too much trouble. I've been checking in occasionally to see if things have gotten better, and it just doesnt look like it. I cleared all my subscriptions, no more pm's and subscription emails. I'm on the other forums now. I'll check back now and then. It was a nice ride. I guess rcu will still list me as a regular to support their advertising revenue.
Edwin
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: JNorton

I use IE 8 and 9. I have had very few problems the last 4 days. ???
John
Same here, the last few days have been virtually problem free.

It would sea that depending on which server you're accessing some people are still having issues.

Hopefully they update and fix all the servers soon.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I believe the only way to resolve the sites issues is to contact advertisers. Since RCU never posts a sticky nor any kind of message outlining what they are doing to resolve the site's problems I surmise they either don't care or have a band of monkeys beating on servers in a back room.

I just sent the following to Tower Hobbies and plan to send to other advertisers on RCU.

For the past several months the web site, RCUniverse.com, on which you place advertising, has become a crippled site.

Since new owners took possession of the site last fall the site has been inaccessible at varied times throughout the day and evening. If accessible at all, navigation of the site is at times extremely slow or returns a message the page/site is not available. Restarting the browser does not clear the problem.

I use both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (latest versions of both) and encounter no such difficulties with any other web site. The previous site owner had a contact button available to report problems or ask questions concerning the sites occasional trouble issues. However the new owners have no method for contacting them nor do they ever post a sticky addressing outage nor possible site/server problems. Members have posted dissatisfaction in forum threads with absolutely no response from RCU’s site management.

Due to their underperforming service and lack of communication/feedback portals I will no longer frequent the site. It once was the best RC site but now appears to be an also ran.

As a long time Tower customer I dislike seeing your advertising dollars being thrown away. Since RCU seems to care little about site users, perhaps a note from a revenue source may carry some influence.

Thank you for the Tower Hobbies fine web site and service.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Hossfly

Neato! Agreed. Great post!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:04 AM
JNorton

I have been getting repeated 500 Internal Server Error - there is a problem with the resource you are looking for and it cannot be dispalyed. Once I finally connect if I stay within that connection i.e. do not click on an email notification that would open up a new session then I stay connected. Otherwise it a royal pain!
John
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Live Wire

Just like to find out what speed are the people that are not haveing problems are useing. Not every one is on HIGH speed service.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Have to retract my earlier comment that things were looking up! Don't care what I use: Chrome, IE8, IE9 or whatever; Still crap here trying to get on or stay on. VERY, VERY tired of error messages. I realize it is a "free" site for most people (altho I did pay to upgrade) but it still is POOR, POOR, POOR!!!!!!!!!!! Come on moderators, make your excuses....
Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Hossfly

Same here, RAMflyer. I thiought it was fixed also. Even blamed my computer at first. Well it now comes and goes. It is very difficult to get on rhe Beginners Forum. I only address just a few sites, mostly the lesser ones like AMA, CL, and a couple others. AMA every so often is difficult as well as several others and sometime the entire total forum but it's like I am Banned from Beginners.

I'm sure this is small potatoes for the new owners and therefore they keep it only for a large Tax write-off. I notice the moderators don't make excuses or even discuss the problems. I wonder just what they get out of this? [:-]
Old 03-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Live Wire

Just like they have a filter on some of the people threads[&o]
Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 AM
JNorton

From what I've read the moderators do not know anything more than we do. It's really unfair to group them into the problems the site is having as they have zero control.
It comes and goes. Today I haven't had any problems. I have been on other sites a lot more than I used to. If this keeps up there won't be a functioning RCU. Just my opinion.
John
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Live Wire

One Mod stated that he was one of the wheels A lot of people are haveing problems but don't want to get involved, and other Now don't really care one way or the other.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 AM
scale only 4 me

Well at least there is a line of communication to one of the techs, (IBobi) we never had that before,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_239/tt.htm

I'm sorry to see you guys are still having issues, but it's 99% better for me,, still a few bugs with the search engines, but very few error messages for me for the last 2 weeks
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Live Wire

Well it is really COOKING now hope it stays this way. Make the site worth opening.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Am I the only one still having problems??? Or are most just tired of talking to a brick wall...

Still have to double click to get a forum to open. Otherwise I get a message to "reload at a later time" or "cannot connect to that website!!??!!??" Doesn't matter which browser I use or which computer I use.

If I am alone with the problems I will just go away; otherwise please speak up, don't just put up with it.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Live Wire

Never post anything going on here it will change before you move the mouse Try to relax have a cool one
Old 04-19-2012, 06:10 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: RAMFlyer

Am I the only one still having problems??? Or are most just tired of talking to a brick wall...
It would seam it's your machine,, I haven't seen anyone else complaing for weeks now

good luck
Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: RAMFlyer

Still have to double click to get a forum to open. Otherwise I get a message to ''reload at a later time'' or ''cannot connect to that website!!??!!??'' Doesn't matter which browser I use or which computer I use.

If I am alone with the problems I will just go away; otherwise please speak up, don't just put up with it.
I have the same problem.