Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fly RC Magazine

Old 09-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Charlie P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly RC Magazine

I just received my copy. As I don't subscribe to RCM or MAN so I'll probably stay with this one. It's a good supplement to AMA's Model Avaition, and the price is right for the 'charter' subscriber. Hopefully they'll come around to glow planes in the centerfold plans, but the size limitation of the spread kind of limits the model's dimensions. A peanut scale rubber free flight, or the old half-wing & build the other half backwards trick, is certainly possible.

I thought it was pretty well balanced.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:00 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Ned, was at the store and seen that the December issue is out already, just wondering when we will get ours in the mail?

It looked like a better issue than the first one to me! So they must be listening.

Thanks

PS. I sent you guys a picture for your snapshot page
Old 10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Larry Eddy
My Feedback: (24)

It looked like a better issue than the first one to me! So they must be listening.
That must be due to the extremely well written article on SEFF on page 32 and the nice picture of RCU's very own Erick Royer holding the soon to be reviewed Bell 222 on page 43. [8D]
Old 10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Id look again, but I thought we got more than one issue on the RCU deal they had for the mag??

Anyone know?
Old 10-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Ned Bixler

I got my copy at home yesterday (10/6/03). Once they've left the plant, it's up to the Post Office, but everyone should get theirs within the week.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:33 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

I sent my 'Fly RC' sub-card in, and am waiting for an issue (dunno which will arrive...)

price for price, much more than MAN; pages, content, words... ($8.99 + taxes each..)

As for Fly RC, Can I ask that the content be divided pretty equally between electric, gassers, 'Buikld it yourself' planes and the good olde impressive 'home / scratch builts? While you did featuer glow / gassers in your lastest issue, they were mostly ARFs..

I guess us builders are a dying breed, and teh articles of ARF building are here to stay, and will slowly take over...
Old 10-07-2003, 09:49 AM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Got mine Saturday. Opened it up yesterday. I actually like it. I like the format and the content seems pretty neat. Ned and Gerry trust me, some guys wouldn't be happy if you created a magazine called 'Kit Built Giant Scale Gas Engine Digital Servo Planes'.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:51 AM
bearmech
My Feedback: (1)

[:@]I STILL haven't received mine!![&o]
Old 10-07-2003, 10:57 AM
zxcv11

Me either.....and the second edition is out already??!![:@]

That sux.

I guess us builders are a dying breed, and teh articles of ARF building are here to stay, and will slowly take over...
That sux too....[&o]
Old 10-07-2003, 12:19 PM
dr_wogz

If I may gripe about all magazines in general...
(Regardless of content, type, topic, theme, etc...)

I don't really care for the fact I can thumb through the recent edition of (insert maggazine name here) in anticipation of what will soon show up in my mailbox. Why is it that stores get their issues before we, the subscriber, get ours?! And in usually a week or two after?!

And (some are worse than others) since when is it OK for the December issue to come out in October?!?! I can remeber when magazines for the following month would typically be on store shelves the last week off the pervious month. Some now, seem to be a few months ahead..... I don't get it.. What, being three months ahead makes it newer than what's [competitor] curently on the shelf? I still have to wait another month for their magazine, just like yours...

sorry, I'm starting to drool... [&:][:-][sm=tired.gif] rant's over...
Old 10-07-2003, 03:09 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Dr_wogz, I completely and utterly agree with you. I personally think that if you are a paid subscriber of a magazine then you should have special perks (other than just the cheaper price, which is definitely a good thing).

Also, I wish that when you have more than 1 subscription for different mags, they should come in spaced out instead of all on the same day. 2 days of frantic reading and then the next 28 with nothing to read.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:14 PM
dr_wogz

Haha!!

Assuming I'm like most, and that most of my 'quality reading' is done in the privacy of that particularly comfy room; the powder-room. So, the reading can be spread out over several days! [X(]

I either read one article from one magazine, then read another from teh next. or I read all one magazine over one week, and teh following over teh next. (the former usually wins..)

the final two weeks are looking once again over all teh pretty pictures!!

Or in desparation, though one of my finace's Bridal magazines (and we think M*N is bad with ads!!!!!)
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM
youace
My Feedback: (1)

Old 12-20-2011, 06:51 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the mag and will re-up when my two years sub is over.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

An eight year old thread. I just wonder if everybody finally got their magazine.