Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby King Delivers quickly again

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King Delivers quickly again

Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobby King Delivers quickly again

I just recieved in order from HK this morning-ordered Lipos on Tuesday afternoon and they are here today. I have had great luck on the past six orders from HK as far as shipping as well as quality-I suppose the other online rc houses distribute a better product but for the price I have found a better value in HK
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King Delivers quickly again

Strange all my battery orders are very slow because they seem to use swiss-post. Your order is fastest I've ever heard. OR did you order from USA warehouse?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I just recieved in order from HK this morning-ordered Lipos on Tuesday afternoon and they are here today. I have had great luck on the past six orders from HK as far as shipping as well as quality-I suppose the other online rc houses distribute a better product but for the price I have found a better value in HK

Wow , really , 4 days , , , , , Gee Wiz , what took em so long ??? , I ordered tomorrow and they delivered YESTERDAY !!!! , , , Yep , they read my mind , knew what I needed , and sent it before I even KNEW i needed it !!!!! , They must be like , , RC GODS , , or something

[&o] And now that were done tellin tall tales , and the sarcasm smiley has been tucked away , , I'm really sure that all the folks who didn't get their product in 4 hours or 4 days or even 4 months and are still waiting are REALLY happy that PLANE JIM got his HK junk in 4 days ........ Yep , must be great to be one of the lucky few , eh JIM ????

Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a list of who supports Hobby King - and who Hobby King supports?!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Lol, seriously? I ordered servo connectors on the 23 and they just arrived today.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:33 PM
PLANE JIM

I do not know who HK supports but I support them when I buy their merchandise!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:46 PM
countilaw

ORIGINAL: Mpizpilot

Lol, seriously? I ordered servo connectors on the 23 and they just arrived today.

Amazing, It took you almost 3 weeks, but Plane Jim got his batteries in 4 days.

Plane Jim, do you really think we are going to believe that? 4 days all the way from China? Or did you just forget to mention that they were delivered from the US warehouse?

We all know HKdoesn't deliver anything that quick. Did you answer their ad looking for promoters? Did you get your $100 yet?

I and everyone heard that HK was advertising for undercover internet promoters to promote their junk in the forums. There are a bunch of them on the other forum that is sponsored by HK. Maybe it would be best if you join them there. I hear they get preferential treatment for promoting HK there.

I think the members here on RCU have a little more intelligence that the members on the other site, So more of their member will believe and ralley with you there.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_gwzx39LQ[/youtube]
Old 08-12-2012, 07:27 AM
countilaw

That is so funny. Sounds like HK hype alright. It time for the shills to chime in now!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:46 AM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: countilaw

That is so funny. Sounds like HK hype alright. It time for the shills to chime in now!!! [img][/img]
Have you ever made an order with HK?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Last order I made with HK was for a FASST compatible receiver. Took 3 weeks to get here. Ordered exactly the same receiver from Value Hobby a couple days later. It cost $2.00 more and got here in 3 days.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Bill G

I've placed a number of orders with Hobbypartz, and in all honesty they have not exactly been shipping the next business day, but at least they have always shipped within one week. The one time they shipped 5 days later was when they were at Toledo. I felt good for the US Hobbypartz employees showing their steak dinner that was on the house, while they were on the road, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Back to HP shipping times, I don't mind the 5 day max, because it has proven to be the max. At least I know what to expect, in the worst case scenario, versus hearing about HK shipping times of commonly 2 weeks to a month. As for CS, sometimes folks seem to need to call HP out on the web, but they seem to respond apologetically and correct the issue. Again, I know that worst case scenario, I still have an support forum avenue that I can use that will probably take care of my problem. As for that other place, they have people who claim to not be employees respond to CS issues on their support forums, and generally seem to put the problem back on the customer.

ORIGINAL: warningshot

That is so funny. Sounds like HK hype alright. It time for the shills to chime in now!!! [img][/img]
Have you ever made an order with HK?
Whether Countilaw has placed any orders with them or not, is not really relevant to his comments. I personally have placed orders in the past. Shipping times are not everything however. FWIW, they went from 7 days at best, to 14 days at worst, and that was several years ago.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Something to keep in mind,, a vendor can't control how long it takes to get through customs, and then get handed to USPS, that's usually the variable. 10 days seams to be the average for me ordering from any out of the country vendor.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: warningshot Have you ever made an order with HK?

Sadly , Yes , I have .
Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 PM
PLANE JIM

Of course it was from the USA warehouse-do you really need to ask that question? You must be thinking the way you are typing with that excited space bar!!!!!
Not trying to rally anyone-I will be sure to send you a copy of my 1099 form HK when I get it. As far as members on RCU having a higher level of intelligence than other forums-all I can say "We are in trouble if you are the example" from your useless post.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Bill G

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Of course it was from the USA warehouse-do you really need to ask that question? You must be thinking the way you are typing with that excited space bar!!!!!
Not trying to rally anyone-I will be sure to send you a copy of my 1099 form HK when I get it. As far as members on RCU having a higher level of intelligence than other forums-all I can say ''We are in trouble if you are the example'' from your useless post.
I can easily see why he asked that question, simply because 4 days is common within the states, and not really noteworthy at all. I assumed the post meant 4 days from China, as it is simply about the norm within the US.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 PM
countilaw

Mr. Plane, here is a post you made back in November 2011:

PLANE JIM

Score: 113
Last Login: 8/13/2012

Thanks Snoozer for reminding me of Hobby King's poor service-I was about to buy several lipos and decided to shop some more-instead of the frustration of being held hostage for my hard earned money-LHS does not have them but can order them like I can.

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET"

So what's the deal?

Frank
Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 AM
batdog

cry cry cry. I have had only good service from Hobby King. if you can't plan ahead as to what you need go to the local HP and pay twice as much. i think we are lucky to have a company to order from that is so reasonable in price. man up and stop crying
Old 08-14-2012, 02:53 AM
PLANE JIM

I am with you batdog, and I sure have better things to do with my time than to pull prior posts from a individual to try to prove a no big deal point. I think someone has been in the glue fumes too long. I sure like the pricing which why I plan my projects out and save big money when opposed to other sources of supply.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 AM
batdog

thanks plane jim for the reply. We need to be more positive on this site and not so negative . If this can happen more will contribute and the site will be much improved. RC universe has the foundation for a great hobby/sport. when I hear all the whinning i can't help but think they bring it to the field. Its not anything I wan't to listen to.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:22 PM
PLANE JIM

Batdog-you are completely right, I have decided not to throw the ball back into the court on this one. RCU is a great sight and I really enjoy conversing with most individuals. I have bought, sold, trades and made contacts with people that we would meet up at the airfield and fly which in turn has developed into some great fun. -I think it may be like the flying field, there are always one or two at every field that have a hard time getting along and just b"tch too much for me.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

I am having a nightmare with a shipment that went by Singapore post.
Placed on the 28/7 shipped on the 15/8 still waiting!
Another order placed on 21/8 shipped on the 23/8 arrived today.
Whats with Singapore post?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
countilaw

ORIGINAL: batdog

cry cry cry. I have had only good service from Hobby King. if you can't plan ahead as to what you need go to the local HP and pay twice as much. i think we are lucky to have a company to order from that is so reasonable in price. man up and stop crying

Batdog, you just keep ordering from HK. And the next time you need something TODAY, and your local hobby shop is gone, Just say to yourself, "Damn, They're out of business!" "Thanks to me ! ! !" "I am glad I sent all that money to China, just so I could save a buck!"

Then you can order from HKand wait 3 weeks for that emergency item to arrive.

Man up and stop cryin????? The only people I see crying are those that order from Hobby Krap. So you keep spending your money on the junk and toy airplanes you get from Hobby Krap and I'll enjoy my quality parts and real airplanes I get from Tower and Horizon and my lhs. And we'll see who cries.

Good day!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

ORIGINAL: batdog

Batdog, you just keep ordering from HK. And the next time you need something TODAY, and your local hobby shop is gone, Just say to yourself, "Damn, They're out of business!" "Thanks to me ! ! !" "I am glad I sent all that money to China, just so I could save a buck!"

Then you can order from HKand wait 3 weeks for that emergency item to arrive.

Man up and stop cryin????? The only people I see crying are those that order from Hobby Krap. So you keep spending your money on the junk and toy airplanes you get from Hobby Krap and I'll enjoy my quality parts and real airplanes I get from Tower and Horizon and my lhs. And we'll see who cries.

Good day!

I suspect Batdog is an adult and can make his own decisions.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM
topspin

I had about a dozen orders with Hobby King but the last three all went wrong in fact, the last order I made with them was a nightmare. I ordered a Saab J-35 90mm EDF that arrived crushed. I took about three dozen photos and weighed the package 4 or 5 times and spent about six months trying to get them to send me a new plane. Long story short the Saab is still crushed and I'm out $245 dollars. I know this would not have happened with any one of a dozen US stores, they would have replaced it without asking me for photos 6 different times. All I can say is I'm really glad I learned my lesson. Hobby King is for suckers and eventually everyone who deals with them will get burned.

If anyone has any doubts just go to the Hobby King forum and look under complaints. There are bunches of them every week and the HK mafia immediately attack anyone who complains so they will go away. I guess some people will do almost anything for $100.00 even if it's really nasty. So buy from them if you want to but there are so many low priced stores around that offer decent customer service I can't imagine why anyone would want to. Take a look at HeadsupRC and tell me they don't have good prices, fast shipping (cheap too) and traet you right if there is a problem. Screw Hobby King and thier cheap trinkets that burn up or break in a week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.