Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Removal of Comment

Old 08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Removal of Comment

I made a comment in regards to Magnum engines and the moderator took it down. All I said was they are nothing but copies of OS engines and most of them are junk. I speak from first hand knowledge after buying an 1.8FS from Hobby People.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Removal of Comment

Unfortunately our programmers are trying to track down a virus that is preventing me from seeing you posting history so that I can see the circumstances of why the post was removed. Can you please tell me what thread your post was made in so that I can see what happened???

Ken
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, it takes more than one bad engine and one modeler to slander a manufacture. I had a Ford Pinto that was nothing but trouble, but that does'nt mean Ford makes junk, based on my experience. You do have to be careful about what you say on social networks. Words are powerful and you need to choose them wisely.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 PM
STUKA BARRY

U
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken that would be,   http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11198771/tm.htm
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My comment was made on the glow engine forum under the topic "glow engine wows".
Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Bill G

ORIGINAL: flycatch

My comment was made on the glow engine forum under the topic ''glow engine woes''.
It makes sense that when a thread is titled with "woes", you get "woes". There's a difference between that, and a person calling an engine junk, by hijacking a thread entitled "I love my Magnum engine." This one's somewhere in the middle, as the starter asked a specific question about a problem. Definitely one of those grey areas that can use clarification on.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I've looked over the situation and have seen what happens. Here are RCU we have to walk a very fine line between allowing members to voice their opinions about products and just plain out manufacturer bashing. We totally understand that some people simply don't like a product, and we fully support allowing them to voice their opinions. But we ask that it be done in a civil and mature manner. And not just outright bashing of a product. 

For instance.

Product: Acme left handed smoke shifter.

Everything from Acme is a total hunk of junk and should be avoided like the plague. 

The Acme left handed smoke shifter has some design problems that make it a product that I wouldn't use. The production quality is a bit cheap and I felt like it might break during normal use of the product.

Of the two comments above you can see the first one is just a total bash of the product and has no basis in any fact. The second comment is a little more thought and and gives specifics about the product and why the person doesn't like it. 

Now we don't expect members to write up a full review on why they don't like a product, but we try to avoid the out right bashing of a manufacturer in the forums. We are not "protecting" the manufacturers because they advertise with us, RCU has never done that in it's history. But rather we are trying to protect the manufacturers from unfounded bashing from members. We apply this to all manufacturers in the RC industry. 

And before it's pointed out to me, yes I know you will be able to find examples of bashing that weren't removed. I agree that you will find these. RCU is a huge site and our moderators are here on a volunteer basis, and they will miss things from time to time. But when they see this occur they will take actions such as this and remove the comments.

You should have received a PM from the moderator that removed the post explaining why it was removed. If not please let me know by PM.

Ken