Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

bad rc flying fields

Old 08-29-2023, 08:46 AM
Rocket_88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by dirtdart
I was stationed at Fort Hood a couple of years ago. I quit flying legally because of this club. I reported them to my AMA district for being outright racists, specifically the club president. When I asked for my membership dues back (I had been flying there about 3-months) he told me in no uncertain terms tough ****. The club atmosphere is exactly like the OP posted. It reminded me of the fields I flew at in the 1990s where you had the crew of old curmudgeons that ran folks off because their planes were not big enough, built pretty enough, or somehow offended their sensibilities. You want to increase modeling and membership AMA, maybe do something about these rogue clubs, otherwise you own what they say.

From the club president regarding African Americans "I used to teach in Dallas, it was like the planet of the apes, they had the gorillas, the chimpanzees...and then I cut him off." From one of the knucklehead silver backs, "I could have gone further in the Army if it were not for this N First Sergeant I had."

PM me if you want to run a credibility check. Hell email the regional AMA bubba to see if they ever received a complaint.
I believe you sir and there is coded words and innuendos of racism from the good ole boys . I know because I am one I've seen it myself and I just listen and keep quiet (My bad I guess) . When the flying day is done and the beer comes out of the cooler the 4-5 Alpha male ruler/gods of the field really lays it on thick . I finally quit and haven't been back . When the old heads die out maybe things will change . I realize this is a necro post and just an opinion too ......Can't we all just fly and have fun ? The place where I fly now is well behaved so I am happy . I have been flying r/c since 1974 and controline before that . I still have my Fox .15 from when I was 12 .