Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 11:42 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

Was suprised at all the new products that HobbyKing has recently added-major brands usually only found at Tower of Horizon but at a better price with alot of them available at the USA warehouse as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:56 PM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOBBY KING ADDING MORE PRODUCT LINES

Don't forget about the great service too!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:19 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Probably more grey market products they aren't supposed to have but get through like-minded unscrupulous distributors. Or they could be chicom copies. Either way, not interested. Would rather buy it from the manufactures approved dealer.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:53 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Jim,,
do really need another train wreck????
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Jim,,

He does seem to start a lot of threads extolling the virtues of Hobby King, doesn't he ?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:08 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: TomCrump

Jim,,

He does seem to start a lot of threads extolling the virtues of Hobby King, doesn't he ?
Messin' with Sasquatch
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 AM
flyinwalenda

You have to work at it to get that hundred bucks !
Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 AM
TomCrump

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

You have to work at it to get that hundred bucks !

I better not post what I wanted to say. LOL
Old 10-21-2012, 05:37 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

AHhh , the Halloween season , , the ghosties , the goblins , the SlobbyThing Trolls , , , Gotta love it ......

..... NOT !
Old 10-21-2012, 07:27 AM
PLANE JIM

I hope they will get the USA distributors (THE MIDDLE MAN) of these foreign made products pricing in check. But if you want to keep paying more for that same loaf of bread-by all means go spend your money they way you want.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 AM
TomCrump

Yup. Keep sending US dollars out of the country.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:00 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

Was suprised at all the new products that HobbyKing has recently added-major brands usually only found at Tower of Horizon but at a better price with alot of them available at the USA warehouse as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an interesting observation because I have not seen anything new in the way of name brand stuff. They have carried Futaba and JR transmitters for a long time. also some GWS stuff but none of their planes planes. They also sell RCG, EVO, and DLE gas engines. They have been selling these for a long time as well but the word on the stree is they are factory rejects. A lot of these show up missing threads in the spark plug hole or in the prop hubs and there are other defects in workmanship.

By the way, the prices on the Futaba and JR transmitters can be often beat at other dealers especially if the price is within a buck or two and the other guys offer free shipping. Hobby King does not offer free shipping, they never have because they make a lot of money on shipping.

So I guess I'm sort of curious to see what all they have in the way of name brand stuff that is new? Can you please post a couple of links to some of these new name brand things they carry. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope they will get the USA distributors (THE MIDDLE MAN) of these foreign made products pricing in check. But if you want to keep paying more for that same loaf of bread-by all means go spend your money they way you want.

I read on here where a guy bought $200. worth of hobby krap and spent over $50 dollars on shipping. I can buy over $200 with Tower and not spend anything on shipping. AND have it in 3 days, not 2 or 3 weeks!

Looks like the better deal is with Tower Hobbies!!

So why would I want to buy manufacturer seconds, and quality control rejects from Hobby Krap?

And by the way, There is NO U. S. warehouse !!

Frank

Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
flyinwalenda

Here is an example of some grey market items HK got their sticky fingers on through a distributor who doesn't give a darn. I contacted Sullivan and they are trying to stop this distributor from selling to non-authorized dealers but it's difficult as HK only buys a low quantity at a time. They also sell it at or below cost so as to take the sale away from a legit dealer.

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp

Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

Here is an example of some grey market items HK got their sticky fingers on through a distributor who doesn't give a darn. I contacted Sullivan and they are trying to stop this distributor from selling to non-authorized dealers but it's difficult as HK only buys a low quantity at a time. They also sell it at or below cost so as to take the sale away from a legit dealer.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h_viewItem.asp

I read about that not long ago. I guess Sullivan is none too happy with Hobby King selling theis stuff as a wholesaler. Evidently the trade laws in Hong Kong are pretty loose.

I almost looks like Hobby King carries less stuff than they use to and still half the stuff on their web site is on back order at any given time so they actually carry even less still. It's a ll just an internet game to make an electronic store front that looks packed with pretty window displays but lots of empty shelves when you get inside.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
countilaw

The Chinese look at Americans as fools. And they are laughing at us. Like most of the world.

Frank
Old 10-23-2012, 03:41 AM
scale only 4 me

Like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 10-23-2012, 03:59 AM
flyinwalenda

Like Romney said last night. The Chicoms are aggressive in stealing patents, making illegal  and inferior copies of US products then dumping them back on US soil as well as the lopsided trade agreements. HK is postured to sell and dump as much stuff as they can ,take the money and not put much if any back into supporting the customers...because it doesn't matter .
Old 10-24-2012, 08:22 PM
PLANE JIM

Frank-actually I need to correct you on your last statement. I am looking at my last shipment from the USA warehouse of Hobby King-never been there but I ordered couple of items on Saturday afternoon and recieved them today in my mailbox. The return address label on the USPS priority mail box has a returned label-I recieved this order within four working days thru the USPS and the shipping fees were not inflated.

Hobby King
10011 Bridgeport Way SW
STE 1500 PMB 312
Lakewood, WA 98499

Hobby King offers no charge pick-up at this location -for local pickup-I am sorry this fact may disappoint you. GLOBAL ECONOMY is where we are and will continue regardless of the posts you or I make.

As far as new products is being introduced I have recently seen a new arf that appears to be a SIG product and I believe it is the EP Seniorita although I am really not interested in it and the stock jr transmitter battery for my JR 9303 is only $4.95-what a buy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 PM
countilaw

Frank-actually I need to correct you on your last statement. I am looking at my last shipment from the USA warehouse of Hobby King-never been there but I ordered couple of items on Saturday afternoon and recieved them today in my mailbox. The return address label on the USPS priority mail box has a returned label-I recieved this order within four working days thru the USPS and the shipping fees were not inflated.

Hobby King
10011 Bridgeport Way SW
STE 1500 PMB 312
Lakewood, WA 98499

Hobby King offers no charge pick-up at this location -for local pickup-I am sorry this fact may disappoint you. GLOBAL ECONOMY is where we are and will continue regardless of the posts you or I make.

As far as new products is being introduced I have recently seen a new arf that appears to be a SIG product and I believe it is the EP Seniorita although I am really not interested in it and the stock jr transmitter battery for my JR 9303 is only $4.95-what a buy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a look at the address Jim, STE 1500 PMB 312. That stands for Public Mail Box No. 312

It a Public mail drop that also serves UPS and FED EX. It was dropped shipped from one of Hobby Kings sellers here in the US. It is NOT a warehouse. There have been people go to the address and saw what it was. Have you ever seen a picture of the US warehouse? Don't you think if they had a US warehouse there would be a picture of it posted on the net? But if you are foolish enough to believe there is a US warehouse, just keep on believing it.

Now if you want to THINK the JR battery is a real JR battery, just go on and keep believing it. It too is just like all the rest of their CLONED products. Just like the SIG product of the EP Seniorita, it too is a CLONED Hobby King product of a design stolen from SIG.

Frank

Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 PM
PLANE JIM

WOW=there sellers are quick-ordered on Saturday and here today. They must be doing this in the UK as well-I am ok with it.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
PLANE JIM

I guess this means everyone is their warehouse here in the USA-or should I say anyone who sells there product they have agreement to stock for their shipping purposes. How does a company like that get a product from their warehouse to the PMB and an then mailed back out to the end buyer which is me in Texas in a total of less than four days ? Someone must have a warehouse close by to get all that done.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 AM
scale only 4 me

This has been covered in other threads, Yes that is a UPS Store location,,, that's where they receive returns..
http://www.superpages.com/bp/Lakewoo...0118880325.htm

The Warehouse is at a different location not far from there, it's location has been posted online before. This not an unusual practice, very rarely will you return a product to the warehouse, it will go to a location where they can looked it over. Drop Ship warehouses only send stuff out, they don't receive returns.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Hobby King
10011 Bridgeport Way SW
STE 1500 PMB 312
Lakewood, WA 98499

Take a look at the address Jim, STE 1500 PMB 312. That stands for Public Mail Box No. 312

It a Public mail drop that also serves UPS and FED EX. It was dropped shipped from one of Hobby Kings sellers here in the US. It is NOT a warehouse. There have been people go to the address and saw what it was. Have you ever seen a picture of the US warehouse? Don't you think if they had a US warehouse there would be a picture of it posted on the net? But if you are foolish enough to believe there is a US warehouse, just keep on believing it.

Now if you want to THINK the JR battery is a real JR battery, just go on and keep believing it. It too is just like all the rest of their CLONED products. Just like the SIG product of the EP Seniorita, it too is a CLONED Hobby King product of a design stolen from SIG.

Frank

I have to go with Frank on this one. Hobby King does not actully own a warehouse in Lakewood, WA. It is a drop ship point and there is a company that does this for them and other Chinese manufacturers. When you order from the USA warehouse your order has to go through the Hong Kong office who takes the money and then notifies the shipper here in the States. The shipper gets a small markup on top of the customs charges and all of this is passed along to the customer.

I actually have pictures of the Hobby King US warehouse that were taken by a friend in Seattle. Lakewood is just a little south of Tacoma and very near the back gate of Ft Lewis and McCord AFB. I can post them here if anyone is interested.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 AM
topspin

This has been covered in other threads, Yes that is a UPS Store location,,, that's where they receive returns..
http://www.superpages.com/bp/Lakewoo...0118880325.htm

The Warehouse is at a different location not far from there, it's location has been posted online before. This not an unusual practice, very rarely will you return a product to the warehouse, it will go to a location where they can looked it over. Drop Ship warehouses only send stuff out, they don't receive returns.

So sorry Charlie but there is no actual warehouse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.