Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Good Luck to the NE Coast

Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Luck to the NE Coast

Fellow modelers, Good luck and stay safe during this storm-We go thru alot of them in Texas but we do not usually have two systems collide at one time.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Good Luck to the NE Coast

+1 Everyone be safe.....Dave
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

This damage and affected area is pretty wide spread. News is only showing east coast,

We are 25 miles west of Cleveleand, Winds were 40-50mph yesterday, still 30-40mph today. There are trees and Lines down here all over. Pretty common here with the old trees we have everywhere. Our power got knocked out around 9pm last night,,, Running on a generator,Internet was off this morning,, obviously working now. I get to babysit generators and sump pumps today.

Stay safe everyone
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Northern Virginia, Leesburg is just west of DC and on the other side of the Potomac from Fredrick, MD, so far we got through it with no damage. We lost power for five minutes last night and it came back on just as I was about to go start the generator. So we got a lot of rain and wind last night and all of the trees are still standing this morning. Looks like we will just get more rain today and a little wind but the worst is over for us. I feel bad for anyone in New Jersey or New York, they really got hit.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Microz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YESSS I MADE IT! Still have power too.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was prepared for the worst but the storm changed to a more westward course and the worst of it missed us. We had some rain and a few heavy gusts but far less than the last storm that came through months ago. There was one fatality where a boy was killed by a falling limb. Otherwise some power outages but nothing wide spread. a bit windy today but I just saw the sun try and peek through.
No real damage here but I need to check another  property later today and stop by the flying field and see how it is.
Good thoughts to those who have suffered far more in this storm.