Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anybody had problems with tower lately

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anybody had problems with tower lately

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody had problems with tower lately

I have been a Tower customer for a few years. When I needed a quality product, I'd go there first.
And the customer service has always been great, no problems at all.

Now here is the problem - I recently orderd a few items for myself and a Sonic fuselage for a buddy. The overall amout was about $160 and I got a $20 'promotional discount'.
It turned out the fuselage was the wrong type (my mistake), so I did not want him to wait, ordered a new one right away and then send the old one back.

This part costs around $45 , I got refunded only $25, because with the lower overall amount I would not qualitfy for the $20 discount anymore (?)
Even I did put another order in, it was not related to that discount...

So this order would still qualify for a $15 discount, without the fuselage. But there can't apply this discount anymore...(?)

In that same order I got a Futaba GV1 governer, a 'scratch and dent' item, which was marked as slightly used, but came without a pickup magnet ($45).
Tower took care of that problem and sent the sensor free, so it got resolved.

Does it seem Tower has lowered their service standards or is this just an isolated incident?
For the higher prices I'd expect a better customer service.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anybody had problems with tower lately

From your description, as I understand it, all the problems were at your end and Tower performed fine.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 AM
OliverJacob

No, the problem is the missing discount.
And a missing part is not a problem on my end, either.

The discount should be $15 without the fuselage. Not $0

Now I just got an e-mail and they are willing to apply a $10 discount.

Not the best solution, but acceptable.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 AM
acerc

So years of quality products and service flushed down the drain because of one incident. I personally would forget the one and remember the other's.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
OliverJacob

True, that's why I ask about similar experiences. This does not sound like Tower.
It's weekend and maybe that's when the newbies work in customer service.

And they did finally turn around and gave me a $10 rebate, which I can live with.
It's not about the 10 or 20 bucks, it's about treating customers right and I did not think I asked for too much.

I never had a serious problem with them, so I'll get over it.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have never had anything but top notch service with Tower. They have always stood behind all that they have sold me. The only complaint that I have with them was I ordered a cockpit kit and it got broken in shipping. I called Tower and told them that it had gotten broken in shipping and I thought the reason that it got broken was a lack of packing material. They not only sent me a new cockpit kit, but they flagged my file with the words extra packing needed. Now when I get an order from them, man oh man do I get extra packing from them. Some of the boxes are twice what they need to be, however I have never had any more parts broken in shipping. Tower for me has always been a class act. Good Luck, Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
nh4clo4
My Feedback: (33)

The issue is the return. It clearly states that if an item is returned, and the remaining amount is below the promo discount, the discount will be subtracted from the return price, and I don't think you can add a different promo code after the order is complete. 
My 2 cents

Ed
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I had a similar situation with some aluminum servo arms I bought, ends up the description was over all length, not center to outside hole how most Co.s spec the servo arms and yes the total qualified for a discount,

The nice girl on the line said I was free to return the servo arms, but I would have to pay the shipping and loose just about all the discount. I was a little annoyed because I feel the description was wrong in my mind.

Ended up just keeping them and using them for a different project, placed many orders with Tower since, this was such a minor mistake not worth holding a grudge over
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 PM
OliverJacob

True, that's my point. I'd probably not win a lawsuit, but from business standpoint you want to keep your customers happy.
Especially when your prices are on the high side.
They sure can give the a lower discount when the amount falls under the threshold for the higher one.

So I should have send the fuselage back and have asked for an exchange and should have waited.
But like I said - they got me a $10 rebate instead, so it's a fair deal. I'll order with Tower again as well as I'll order from others

Old 11-03-2012, 05:55 PM
countilaw

It seems that Tower always tries to be more than fair. I've recieved a package that had a hole you could put your fist through. But with all the packing, nothing could fall out.

The UPS driver rang my door bell and by the time I got to the door, he was already climbing into his truck. He wasn't going to take the chance of me not accepting the damaged package.

But like I said, there was so much packing in the box, nother could fall out.

Frank
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Bill G

ORIGINAL: countilaw

It seems that Tower always tries to be more than fair. I've received a package that had a hole you could put your fist through. But with all the packing, nothing could fall out.

The UPS driver rang my door bell and by the time I got to the door, he was already climbing into his truck. He wasn't going to take the chance of me not accepting the damaged package.

But like I said, there was so much packing in the box, nothing could fall out.

Frank
I can remember at least 5 times I've caught them coming out of the truck, not needing a signature confirmation for a signature confirmation delivery. I have the opportunity to sneak up on them, as I work on homes at times and can see them coming from outdoors. You just explained why they already sign for the package before they leave the truck, as they are planning to run back to the truck and split the scene before you can catch them. Something has to be done about this signature confirmation scheme, as it has become a complete joke at all postal services, and we pay for it. USPS is even more bold, as they just return the form back to you unsigned, rather than forge the signature.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a rimfire motor eat itself last week. Called them and a new one showed up this morning. Great service all the way.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 AM
husker
My Feedback: (1)

NO I just scored a new Waco at a huge discount. I live in Reno and it was ordered on Saturday and was delivered on tuesday morning.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 AM
playntraffic

No problems with Tower, ever.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 AM
topspin

I have been dealing with Tower for over 20 years and have never had to call them to resolve any issues cause I had any. The only times I ever called them was for tech support and they were always helpful and had the information I needed. I'm sorry to hear they messed up your discount but I suppose stuff does happen. One thing I can say for ceratinty is that you very rarely see any complaints against Tower hobby, they are a class act.