Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Help needed with generic transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Help needed with generic transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
kevinhenshaw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with generic transmitter

<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

Hello Iam a new member and new to the RC Helicopter world and have a question about a knob/dial on my generic controller for my Alloy King Helicopter. It is a 3 or 3.5 channel remote and on the face of the upper right side of the remote there is an unlabeled knob. I have yet to figure out what it does (the directions don’t address the knob), would any of you have an idea of what it might be for? I am still trying to figure out how to get the trim set and can’t help but think that maybe this knob may control some feature that is supposed to assist with trim control… Thank you for your time and help J

Kevin

Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Help needed with generic transmitter

That knob may very well have no function with the model that you purchased. Like you said in your thread title, it is a generic transmitter. That same transmitter may be sold with any number of different models and different types of aircraft. While it doesn't have a function on your helicopter, it would have function on say an aircraft. Normally knobs like that are used on aircraft for controlling a flight surface that is placed in a fixed position and left there. Many times a knob on a transmitter like that is used to control the flaps on an airplane. It may have functions on other types of aircraft as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have a couple of those "generic" transmitters and they are the same way, the knob doesn't do anything.

Hope this helps

Ken