Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Shipping Crates for Helis

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shipping Crates for Helis

Does anyone have pictures of how they have created shipping crate or a crate they have received... I am in the process of sending a heli across the country to a newbe... I don't want to tear the tail out and pull the head.

How are helis normally shipped? Thanks... I will post a photo when I am done.

Should say... it is for a TRex500
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Shipping Crates for Helis

OK.... so here is the picture... I spliced two 18x12x12 cardboard boxes from Office Depot... I bought some 1" thick foam insulation sheets 24"x24" from Home Depot and lined the 36x12x12 box with the insulation... and hot glued it to the cardboard. I pulled the skids off the heli to make it fit the height.. It is a TRex 500

What you see is prior to filling the space with packing peanuts... now off to the post office. Ground Transport Only.

So is it good or a bad packing job?... The wild hare w/DA50 is not for sale.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65601.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	1831527