Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Whats your plans for 2013

Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your plans for 2013

Sorry I thought some one had plans for 13
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Whats your plans for 2013

Yo, Livewire. I started this 2 hours ago & got a phone call & got sidetracked!! It's the age ya know !! It used to be I would go into the other room to get something & get there and forget what I went in there for. I finally figured out it was those damned doorways . Ya go through a doorway & it blanks your mind at a certain age. I don't know what that age is,but apparently, I'm there. As far as my plans, I think I'm going to start flying again when I get back up North this summer ( been out of it for a year 1/2) I think I'm going to try 3D. Haha, I've alread done most of the 3D tricks the last time I tried to fly in a strong wind !! About a 40MPH gust came from nowhere & I did about ALL the 3D tricks you can think of trying to save my plane !!! I had that little sucker all over the sky. The last trick in that deal was I dropped my TX & didn't even bother trying to pick it up. I figured it wanted to comitt "planeacide" THAT bad, who was I to stop it !!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Yo, Livewire. I started this 2 hours ago & got a phone call & got sidetracked!! It's the age ya know !! It used to be I would go into the other room to get something & get there and forget what I went in there for. I finally figured out it was those damned doorways . Ya go through a doorway & it blanks your mind at a certain age. I don't know what that age is,but apparently, I'm there. As far as my plans, I think I'm going to start flying again when I get back up North this summer ( been out of it for a year 1/2) I think I'm going to try 3D. Haha, I've alread done most of the 3D tricks the last time I tried to fly in a strong wind !! About a 40MPH gust came from nowhere & I did about ALL the 3D tricks you can think of trying to save my plane !!! I had that little sucker all over the sky. The last trick in that deal was I dropped my TX & didn't even bother trying to pick it up. I figured it wanted to comitt ''planeacide'' THAT bad, who was I to stop it !!!!
I don't know what your age is but I suspect I am older. I am 85.
All I can say is it never gets any better.
My plan is to get some chick(65 or less) and get married again.
Since I can barely see to fly those airplanes I have to find something else to do.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
foodstick

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am gonna try to fly at more events, and not stay home and build so much !!!!

I also want to buy a GOPRO camera , and take my rc rock crawler, trail riding and hill climbing more.. Did I mention the 1/4 crackerbox never got wet last year ? :P
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Larry, I've never flown control line speed..so this is now or never at my age. I've got a plan for a "1/2A Proto" plane, which is designed around a solid slab of 3/16" thick balsa for the wing.
They are supposed to have fixed gear, but I think I'll cheat and have it run with no landing gear.
Might even try making a single blade prop for it, too.....[8D]
This plane was designed by Steve Wilk who is the owner of Eliminator Props. I think he is their only "employee" too, [but not sure about that]. He sells CF copies of the greatest speed props that have been used throughout the ages. From .60 sized engines on down to .049.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53635.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1838742  
Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Live Wire

You know I never thought about the doors. I have 2 from here to the shop. When I go through the #2 door I look up and see all those planes and wonder how they go there.
And yes I am getting yunger not 85 but getting there in a few years!
Larry K
Oh yes the subject at hand I want to get out and fly more I have way to many planes.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Live Wire

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Larry, I've never flown control line speed..so this is now or never at my age. I've got a plan for a ''1/2A Proto'' plane, which is designed around a solid slab of 3/16'' thick balsa for the wing.
They are supposed to have fixed gear, but I think I'll cheat and have it run with no landing gear.
Might even try making a single blade prop for it, too.....[8D]
This plane was designed by Steve Wilk who is the owner of Eliminator Props. I think he is their only ''employee'' too, [but not sure about that]. He sells CF copies of the greatest speed props that have been used throughout the ages. From .60 sized engines on down to .049.
Well I tell you , control line speed is like drunk driving with out the alcohal. May have to try it again
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 PM
drummer21

plans for 2013? to get back to building and flying after a long hiatus. Bob.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Would like to try night flying. Never done it before. I have an old slow flying 25 size trainer that's been setting for a couple of years.
If I can find time I'll put some lights on it and give it a try. Sounds like fun.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

First and foremost, I am going to attend more AMA events, mostly more pattern contests.

Going to Toledo for the first time.
Building my first composite 2M airplane, including a custom paint scheme.
Getting a trailer to haul my stuff in, and for short-term storage.
Flying at the Nationals (showed up last year but had to leave early).

Building an airplane shop in my new house (may be toward the end of flying season).
Would like to get to the Bonanza 15e that I barely started, and the little foamy sitting in a box for a year now.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Live Wire

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

Sorry I thought some one had plans for 13
Interesting how plans can be changed and you have nothing to do with it[:@] Haven't even been to the field this year to fly and here it is March. Looks like a grave yard! not a living moving out there.
What is happening to this hobby, doesn't seem like any one is doing anything or planning any thing any more or is it Just Here?
Larry K

I don't fly alone and my Dog Died
Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Buck up Larry,,

Will hit as many float flys and Warbird fly ins I can in the local area

Work hard, play hard,

p.s.
Two years ago our field wasn't flyable until Memorial Day,, not even thinking of the flying feilds here yet.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Live Wire

I was told they were doing a lot of flying around the front range but don't have the gas to get there[&o] Working on a few plane that are getting hanger rash just from having thing banged into them. Oh well it could be worse
Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 PM
foodstick

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

CONTROL LINE SPEED ? I would cut my own head off !

Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Somehow this thread is way over my head. What the heck are we talking about?
Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Live Wire

Well what are you planning on doing the rest of 2013
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 12 planes that are ready to be flown, most of them I have not personally flown yet. I am hoping for more time for me and less with the family (that sounds bad, but I only get to the field about once a month, my 5 year old and 9 year old take a lot of it). I want to try to get my boys interested in flying, but they don't seem too interested yet.

Maybe when if/when I move to a new house, I will not have any doorways, I do think they rob me of my memory.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm working on finishing up a 1/3 scale Pitts Special, next is a Jungmeister, a Stearman waitingto be recovered, a 1/5 scale Corsair to glass, a 1/6 Corsair waiting for an engine install, and some where in there I plan to build a bigger shop. I get plenty of time flying (twice a week) and plenty of time building ( almost daily) but my kids are grown and gone. The wife still works so I have plenty of time. As for the control line speed, I thought that was something to do with the reel when hooking a big one.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
bob36
My Feedback: (3)

hoping to fly this summer have gone through some serious heart problems the last two years, been flying rc since 1966', missed the last two summers so looking forward to getting the ultra stick and twist a work out along with a Morris hots.Got to break in the MVVS on the hots though,every body have a good fyling season.

bob36
Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 PM
MrGoodwreck

My 11 yo girl has been bugging me for two years to build a plane with her, so I have a couple Q-tees in the works. I took her out to the the field just for a look. She is an arts/crafts girl, does knitting,sewing, puzzles and such... She really wants to build her first plane, but does not show any want to fly it. Someone stuffed an old ARF Superfly in the garbage can, so she was looking at it. She asked me if I could fix it, and honestly, all I have to do is rebuild the horiz stab. I took all the covering off, and will rebuild it as a taildragger. she can help me "rebuild" and recover it. I cant understand why so many people dont build or repair their planes anymore.

I guess I have my first ARF now, and need to renew my AMA membership, then try and teach that little girl to build, and fly
Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Live Wire

What I have found out over many years! Is work with your family what ever you have to do soon all you will have left is your hobby. They will be grown up and you and them will not have the good time you once had when they were young. Times change, and interests are different.
I am trying to finish a Bud Nosen Citabria that I just dug out of the back of the shop. This should keep me busy for a while
Larry K
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am back after a 5 yr absence. I hit a wall and sold almost everything when I did. BTW the wall was mental didn't literally hit one. Although sometimes it felt like it. I was planning to start last year, but was handed a huge project at work which ate up any spare time I had. I am now up to 3 planes ready with 2 more in the wings. Have replenished my equipment, switched to 2.4ghz and about 1/2 of my planes are electric. Only 1 is glow, with the others gas. Glow is ridiculous in price these days.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 AM
scottrc

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Fly more and procrastinate less. Kinda what I have been planning for the past 30 years