Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

We all need friends like this

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

We all need friends like this

Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 AM
TopShelf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We all need friends like this

http://www.flixxy.com/helicopter-pil...-from-tree.htm
Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Fly RC II
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: We all need friends like this

Most definitely an awesome job. Any bigger plane, it might not have been possible, but at least they did what they did!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

those guys are trippin'
Old 03-13-2013, 04:08 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This has been posted before here on RCU. While they are indeed doing a great thing, the language used is not really family friendly, so be for warned as they say. Dave
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

If it's a link to offensive content why is it allowed?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

If it's a link to offensive content why is it allowed?

My Guess would be because the "offensive content" is not sexual in nature , and instead is words that are heard in every action movie produced within the last 30 years . And that the video clip IS just a bit related to the hobby some of us actually participate in .

Old 03-14-2013, 04:47 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I've watched the video twice now and unless I am missing something all of he foul language in the video has been "beeped" out. Normally we do not allow links to material that contains inappropriate language, but since this is "beeped" out I don't see any problem allowing the link to remain.

Ken
Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 AM
init4fun

[8D] Thank You Ken !!!!

If the video had any kind of sexual connotation or extremely vulgar language I could see it's removal , but as I said in my other post , this is stuff heard in every action movie produced within the last 30 years . These guys wern't cussin to be mean or to demean anyone , they were having a darned good time for themselves and I find nothing offensive about that in the least . The world needs more fun , and less of people trying to find fault with any and every little thing , "just cause they can" .

PS , did anyone else notice that the Mustang rescued is one of the H9 PTS .40 sized trainers ? Yep , it's the new red tailed version of my ol yellowtail , one of my favorite planes of the H9 brand
Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. Great post! We've had the Thai Army cruise by and give us the high sign occasionally but no plane picking!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: init4fun

[8D] Thank You Ken !!!!

If the video had any kind of sexual connotation or extremely vulgar language I could see it's removal , but as I said in my other post , this is stuff heard in every action movie produced within the last 30 years . These guys wern't cussin to be mean or to demean anyone , they were having a darned good time for themselves and I find nothing offensive about that in the least . The world needs more fun , and less of people trying to find fault with any and every little thing , "just cause they can" .

PS , did anyone else notice that the Mustang rescued is one of the H9 PTS .40 sized trainers ? Yep , it's the new red tailed version of my ol yellowtail , one of my favorite planes of the H9 brand
Let me elaborate on RCU's policy here just so that it's clear. Our rules do not take into account if the language is "of sexual connotation or extremely vulgar language". We don't try to sort out the language. While it's try that you can hear worse langauge in an action movie, but then again you choose to go see that action movie and you expect it to be there. When RCU was founded it was decided that it would be a place to provide RC enthusiasts a place to hang out that they would enjoy being here, and they could allow their kids to visit as well without worrying about them being exposed to inappropriate pictures, content, and langauge. Now we realize that there are many different levels of what is considered appropriate so we had to come up with a standard by which we could apply our rules. So it was decided that we would use what is allowed on primetime network television in the US as our guide to what we allow. Therefore, if it's not allowed on primetime network TV it's not allowed on RCU. Plain and simple. We all know that the language in this video was innocent and the guys saying it probably didn't think twice about using language of this sort, but had the "bad words" not been "beeped out" in the video I would have removed the link to the video as being inappropriate by RCU standards. It's really that simple. Unfortunately in a case like this we need to apply our rules fairly in all situations in order to remain fair to everybody.

On a personal note, let me add my personal feelings here. I am far from a prude, nor am I innocent in the ways that the world moves in. I spent 10 years in the military where colorful language is plentiful, and I have been know to string together a nice bit of profanity when I get mad or upset. However, after my wife and son started joking that they could tell how mad I was by how many of my "standard" foul words I put together I came to realize just how silly using langauge like that really was. So I have made it a point in my life to clean up my language, and for many years now I think I have done a good job of it. And I don't miss coming off sounding like a sailor on shore leave (no offense intended towards Navy personel, I'm just using an expression here). And I personally like the fact that RCU tries to maintain a forum that it free from inappropriate language. I don't like reading it and I know many of our members feel the same way.

Ok, I know that's a long winded post to explain our policies. But I felt it was important to let everybody know what our policy on the matter is. Hope it helps explain where we come from.

Ken

Old 03-14-2013, 07:22 AM
init4fun

ORIGINAL: RCKen

We all know that the language in this video was innocent and the guys saying it probably didn't think twice about using language of this sort

[8D] Hi Ken ,

It's this element of your statement that says perfectly what I was trying to say . I do understand and fully respect the need for "only whats allowed on primetime" , But from the looks of primetime TV as of the last decade or so it won't be long before we'll have to distance ourselves from that , also . All these shows of Murder this and Forensic that are pretty gruesome to anyone who has ever lost a relative to violent circumstances , but this is OK because they don't cuss ? I should hope we would strive to have BETTER morals than primetime TV and better smarts to know exactly when to get offended and when to relax based upon the context of statements .

Happy Flyin [8D]
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 AM
TopShelf
My Feedback: (4)

Wow, didn't intend to create this kind of concern. Since it was all bleeped out, I didn't think there was an issue. Like others have posted, I don't like nor use the bleeped language used in the video.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Unfair, I posted this video here a month ago and it was shut down in 30 seconds as vulgar and not according to the rules
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
scale only 4 me

I've also had links removed that were offensive (to someone),,, that's why I asked.

I haven't seen a "bleeped" version of that vid.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM
init4fun

I've also had links removed that were offensive (to someone),,, that's why I asked.
So it wasn't about THIS video being "offensive" , but instead about some past time one of YOUR links got edited . Got it . Thank You for clearing that up .......
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
scale only 4 me

Wrong again,,

It was about wondering why a Moderator would post a warning about it's content, but then leaving the Thread/Link up.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Wrong again,,

It was about wondering why a Moderator would post a warning about it's content, but then leaving the Thread/Link up.
There was nothing wrong with the content, and that is why I explained out policies concerning this matter. Had there been a problem with the content of the video in the link we wouldn't be having this conversation as the thread would have been removed. End of story. Time to move back to the subject at hand and not bash each other over the head over something as silly as this is.

Ken

Old 03-14-2013, 02:14 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

How sweet was that??  I bet those guys fly together now..  Thats probably the coolest way to meet new flying buddies!!

Craig.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:49 PM
scaleman57
My Feedback: (23)

That was a great video, those boys went way beyond the norm. As a pilot I dont think I would have risked my rotors that close to the trees, Im surprised the rotor wash didnt blow the RC model away.Still a nice piece of flying and a generous act.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
MrGoodwreck

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Unfair, I posted this video here a month ago and it was shut down in 30 seconds as vulgar and not according to the rules

Now, now....

Here,

I dusted off a spot on my shoulder for ya to cry on there big guy!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:49 AM
perreback

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41428.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1864058