Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

First time out with this new system... it didn't go very well...

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

First time out with this new system... it didn't go very well...

Old 08-10-2013, 06:34 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default First time out with this new system... it didn't go very well...

The forum jump isn't working for me... which was the first thing I tried.. ya know.. to read another forum. The prompt is labeled "choose navigation"... and as I try to scroll it, whether using the mouse scroll, or the scroll button on the window.. the window just shuts.. like I never clicked it. hmm.... oh well. We'll see how it goes from here.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:39 PM
DGrant

Oh... I see now. There is no "forum jump"... its a very limited version of what once was. I remember when this was the leading site on the web... simple and fast.. still hoping it gets there again.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:45 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DGrant
Oh... I see now. There is no "forum jump"...
Yeah. I used that all the time. Annoying that its gone, but a work-around is to use the MyForums feature which you can set to limit what you look at (and prevent having to wade though three dozen sub-forums to get where you want to go).

In any event, its a couple of extra mouse clicks from the old way, no matter how you do it.

I remember when this place's format changed from the old RCOnline. There was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth, predictions of doom & gloom, etc. Eventually people got used to it, and life went on...

But that change really was for the better. I just hope this one is, too. I tried to use the forum last night and it was back to its old ways (slow, eventually locking up). Hopefully, its bugs working themselves out...

Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 AM
DGrant

Originally Posted by LSP972
Yeah. I used that all the time. Annoying that its gone, but a work-around is to use the MyForums feature which you can set to limit what you look at (and prevent having to wade though three dozen sub-forums to get where you want to go).

In any event, its a couple of extra mouse clicks from the old way, no matter how you do it.

I remember when this place's format changed from the old RCOnline. There was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth, predictions of doom & gloom, etc. Eventually people got used to it, and life went on...

But that change really was for the better. I just hope this one is, too. I tried to use the forum last night and it was back to its old ways (slow, eventually locking up). Hopefully, its bugs working themselves out...

I agree, its really only a very slight thing... and we were all used to the old style forums.. This post/thread isn't a major griping/complaining.. just an awareness issue for others that might also be wondering what/where a few things went, as somebody else might wonder where the forum jump is too.

I've got to look into the "menu" and "settings" to see what options are available(if any).. as the old RCU had the "forum jump" as an option that could be deselected... This version might have similar attributes.. maybe more... who knows.. haha..

I do see you're join date is about the same as mine(December 2001).. and yes.. I definately remember RCOnline. I was a moderator there, and served as a moderator on this site for about 2yrs when it first came online... I was very active in these forums at one point... and yes it was the tops in RC websites. Over the years through changes in many things, it seems someones had a hard time keeping it up to current standards... The market-place once was a simple to use forum for buying/selling, and in recent years, its been quite an ordeal to even get in touch with a seller, or make an offer... One has really had to "dot every I, and cross every T" to make deals.. which is fine for some.. I get that.. it just didn't end up being my cup of tea like it once was.

Oh well... its all in the name of progress. We'll see how it goes, I'll try and give it a fair shake.