Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

You are Subscribed to " " forum. Make it Stop!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

You are Subscribed to " " forum. Make it Stop!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark one as spam and they go straight to cyberspace if your Email is set up that way.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 PM
sparkee

One way to bring old members back, I don't believe I have been here since 2005. Had a hell of a time remembering my password so I can stop the emails from coming. Next step is the spam filter!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 PM
GRandolph

I am receiving email notifications for forums that I am supposedly subscribed to. How do I stop these notifications? I want to receive notifications for new posts to the THREADS I have created or replied to. But from the instructions I have seen here, if I stop notifications from forums I will also lose notifications for new posts to my threads. Grrrr
Old 08-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by GRandolph
I am receiving email notifications for forums that I am supposedly subscribed to. How do I stop these notifications? I want to receive notifications for new posts to the THREADS I have created or replied to. But from the instructions I have seen here, if I stop notifications from forums I will also lose notifications for new posts to my threads. Grrrr
My video answers your question. Go into manage subscriptions. You can then selectively disable or enable email notifcations thread by thread. IE stop the ones you dont want and continue receiving the ones you do want.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:36 PM
sparkee

How do you unsubscribe from all the forums without having to do them one at a time? Or is there an easy way to delete my account here.

Figured it out, I hope, Settings/My Account/Edit email and password/Deactivate membership permanently.

It's been a slice,
Bye

Last edited by sparkee; 08-21-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Originally Posted by acerc
What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Stopping it was easy. Haven't had one since the first day. But then I am somewhat competent.
Can't agree more.....not ONE single problem here. It can't be that I am just lucky!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 PM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

Congratulations, you're lucky.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Originally Posted by impulse09
Congratulations, you're lucky.

Not really....just know how to setup my email and systems.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 PM
betarad

Originally Posted by Johnny_Zero
Not really....just know how to setup my email and systems.
Just think, pretty soon it'll just be you geniuses left to talk amongst yourselves. That should be a hoot.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by betarad
just think, pretty soon it'll just be you geniuses left to talk amongst yourselves. That should be a hoot.
lol

Last edited by Rob2160; 08-22-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:05 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It may just be me, but the vid misses the point.

When I click on "Settings", it take me to my old "My Forums". The problem seems to be that I am automatically subscribed to all threads in these forums.

I don't want to be subscribed to individual threads that I haven't posted in, but I would like to retain the old "My Forums" serttings, so that it would not be necessary to sort through the entire forum list in order to search out the individual forums that I want to browse.

I have not found a way to accomplish this.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:46 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by TomCrump
It may just be me, but the vid misses the point.

When I click on "Settings", it take me to my old "My Forums". The problem seems to be that I am automatically subscribed to all threads in these forums.

I don't want to be subscribed to individual threads that I haven't posted in, but I would like to retain the old "My Forums" serttings, so that it would not be necessary to sort through the entire forum list in order to search out the individual forums that I want to browse.

I have not found a way to accomplish this.
The point of the video was to show people how to stop receiving emails they don't want and how to stop yourself from being automatically subscribed to every thread you visit.

You can achieve what you want by stopping the automatic subscriptions, then delete the threads that you don't want, leaving the ones you do want to browse.

That way, when you click "My Forums" you will see those forums with new posts since your last visit and you wont see any new and "unwanted" ones.

If you want to see all your subscribed forums, (even those without new posts) just click on my subscriptions.

To be honest I never used the old "my forums" but I am liking the new system which makes it really easy to browse the threads I am interested in.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:53 AM
bpasternak
My Feedback: (4)

38 emails in 12 hours. Sad to say that I've listed all email from RCU as spam. That's the only way I was able to get it to stop.

This issue is a failure of RCU forum, not the user's settings. I have no subscriptions, and notifications turned off.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:17 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

The issues of everone getting emails yesturday was explained in the bugs thread,, I got them for the first time also,,

Some of ya'll need to chillax,,, threatening to quit the forum over a couple bugs and an errant email or two??,,,

If these are major issues to you,, then you have a bleased life
Old 08-22-2013, 04:25 AM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

I am having the problem as well.Started 2 weeks ago. My subscribed folder is empty. ie no subscriptions. Every one of the folders under setting is already marked as "-" . I am still getting 10 to 12 emails re subscriptions .
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sportflyer-RCU
I am having the problem as well.Started 2 weeks ago. My subscribed folder is empty. ie no subscriptions. Every one of the folders under setting is already marked as "-" . I am still getting 10 to 12 emails re subscriptions .
That litle Black circle with the "-" sign means you are subscribed to those "forums"

clicking that icon will unsubscribe you

You need to go to "general settings" and check your "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions

They say they reset them all to "Do not subscribe" yesturday,, mine was set "through control panel only",, so it looks like they did change it

good luck
Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 AM
jharkin
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by acerc
What a bunch of whiny cry babies. Stopping it was easy. Haven't had one since the first day. But then I am somewhat competent.
Thats not helpful. Many of us have tried all of the proposed "solutions" and they dont work. Ive clicked unsubscribe on every single forum and I still get 50 emails a day.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Mr_Scary
My Feedback: (6)

So Rob, with my 30 years of computer experience, I couldn't figure this out. Why doesn't changing my email address with RCU stop messages coming from to my OLD email account? I don't care if my yahoo email gets bombed, I never use it. But the system isn't using current settings correctly. Me and my 149 IQ and all my I.T. experience are just too incompetent to figure this out. Help me Rob, you're my only hope.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

[deleted
Old 08-22-2013, 06:35 AM
eddieC

Condescending, party of one, your table's ready.

I've tried Rob's fix (Thanx!) and will see what happens. It's a given Ken and the staff are maxed out and I feel for them, but this upgrade shouldn't have been pushed out until it was 99.9% fixed. It's only earned IB a big black eye, taking the best RC site on the planet and crippling it. Many parts of the upgrade are GREAT (Auto-save!), but the bugs are more than minor.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I was greeted with 51 (actual count) emails when I looked at my computer this morning. This is very annoying and I agree with whoever said that this is incompetence on IB's part. I didn't subscribe to these threads and I should not have to go through some complicated series of maneuvers to stop these emails. And regardless of what you computer savvy folks say, these maneuvers are complicated to people who are not computer savvy. Is there a point at which, even if I don't go into RCU for an extended period of time, my mail box becomes full of these unwanted messages and at that point is unusable to me?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:23 AM
jharkin

Originally Posted by Rob2160
My video answers your question. Go into manage subscriptions. You can then selectively disable or enable email notifcations thread by thread. IE stop the ones you dont want and continue receiving the ones you do want.
that does not work. This is about forum subscriptions, not thread subscriptions. I deleted every thread subscription and still get forum emails.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Broken Wings
go to "my account" "general settings" and unclick your email preferences...

Default Thread Subscription Mode: "do not subscribe"......
This is it. If you don't do this you will automatically resubscribe every time you respond to a thread.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:21 AM
bpasternak
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Broken Wings
go to "my account" "general settings" and unclick your email preferences...

Default Thread Subscription Mode: "do not subscribe"......

Originally Posted by rgburrill
This is it. If you don't do this you will automatically resubscribe every time you respond to a thread.
It didn't work for me. I have Default Thread Subscription Mode: set to "do not subscribe" and I have no subscriptions to any thread or forum.

I was getting email notifications for updates to threads and forums that I've never even visited.

I had to add RCU emails to my spam filter.

Above are the screenshots of my settings. But, the emails were still coming.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	1911573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1911574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1911575  

Last edited by bpasternak; 08-22-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bpasternak
It didn't work for me. I have Default Thread Subscription Mode: set to "do not subscribe" and I have no subscriptions to any thread or forum.

I was getting email notifications for updates to threads and forums that I've never even visited.

I had to add RCU emails to my spam filter.

Above are the screenshots of my settings. But, the emails were still coming.
The new RCU had me subscribed to a bunch of threads that I'd never visited too. None of them showed in the subscription page, but they had the - mark if you looked at them in the Forums page. I ended up needing to un-subscribe to each one of them one at a time, but to get rid of the emails I had to un-scribe to every thread and start over with a subscription that did not send the emails. It took forever because how slow RCU is responding. Hopefully no more emails! I'm not using RCU much anymore since the mess of the upgrade.

Last edited by 8178; 08-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.