Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby Partz Service - Sort Of

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby Partz Service - Sort Of

Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Partz Service - Sort Of

Been buying from Hobby Partz for years, even though they are "Nitro Planes".....never been burned or had a problem, except their order shipment notifications suck.

The "odds" caught me, finally. Bought a $39 electric motor - received in normal time, rotor wouldn't rotor. Went through the open service ticket drill, and after about 6 back and forth email exchanges, they sent me an RMA.
I shipped the defective back Priority (only reasonable method these days) at $9.50, with insurance and confirmation.
Updated the ticket with the info, pleading for them to send the replacement motor, since they authorized it's return.
NO DICE. "Company policy" - their techno geek has to verify that I know what a non-turning motor is. THEN they will ship a replacement.

If you've done the math, I should have just trashed it, eaten the loss and gone on.

Maybe the shipping issue isn't Hobby Partz' problem, but they sure as hell could have given a long-time customer the benefit of the doubt and shipped the replacement. OH well....just more money peed away, I suppose.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

I purchased a couple of their monster power 32's and 1 was real hard to turn by hand, I took the motor apart and found that a little epoxy? holding the magnets in was a little high in a couple spots stopping the motor from turning, I filed down the high spots and was good to go. After having a problem with a couple small missing parts after ordering a bunch of Techone airplane kits and getting the run around I found it was easier to fix their problems myself,, but next time I am just going to do a charge back next time, they seem to understand that.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 PM
karlik

Whenever I order from one of the xheli aliases, I assume no warranty and only order if I feel I can consider it a throw away.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Bob Pastorello

Sounds like I forgot to treat them like HK.... good advice!!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Which motor was it?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here we go again lol
Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 AM
Bob Pastorello

Originally Posted by keyman View Post
Which motor was it?
Exceed Rocket 4120-400 brushless
Old 09-07-2013, 05:31 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I bought LiPos from HP a few years ago and on one of two orders I received a bad pack. After a few emails they did issue an rma ad I sent it back on my dime and they did replace it. After having to pay shipping back there went the "good deal" for that pack. Since then I've found other vendors with better customer service who simply replace the packs if there is a problem on their dime. On the short sight it may seem to make sense to just throw away an inexpensive item and buy another rather than pay to send it back or deal with customer-no-service. If you do that a few times though you are throwing money away, Better to deal with a vendor/company who will take care of you even if you have to spend a few dollars more up front on a comparable item.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
Since then I've found other vendors with better customer service who simply replace the packs if there is a problem on their dime. .
Brian- where have you found good lipos with good service?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:57 AM
bigdaveindubai

I ordered a thunder ac680 from them the other day and it took 3 days to get here(fast). Charger was packaged well and works fantastic. Wouldn't have a problem ordering from them again.

@jeffworsham - I read a bunch of forums and reviews and decided to order my lipos from value hobby. Very please I did. Fast shipping, great product. Checkem out.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Originally Posted by bigdaveindubai View Post
@jeffworsham - I read a bunch of forums and reviews and decided to order my lipos from value hobby. Very please I did. Fast shipping, great product. Checkem out.
Will do- thanks.