Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

What happened to the poll

Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 AM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to the poll

I came back to check in on the poll that was showing how much the users were unhappy with the new site.... and low and behold.... Its gone. Couldnt stand to hear that you wasted your time on this? Nice show of integrity IB and RCU.

For the Record, your new pile of software is just as slow to load and as buggy and crappy as the old one ever was at its worst.

FAIL RCU.

Last edited by BadSplice; 09-18-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Oregon Craig

Ya, it was the top trending thread on the front page, but I followed that link to nowhere. Must have been removed.

Last edited by Oregon Craig; 09-18-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:51 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

There were several rules violations in that poll that caused it be removed. We don't "censor" here at RCU, regardless of what some may think. In fact, there are many examples of threads here on RCU that I have gone out of my way to make sure they stayed open and running. So the issue that we removed because of censorship is a moot point. However, when a thread violates the RCU Community Rules then it can be removed, as this one was.

Ken
Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Oregon Craig

Poor choice of words. I edited. Sorry.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Rodney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am amazed at the problems some people seem to have with the new system. Personally, I like it; it is just as fast as any and much easier to read than most forums are. I think you guys did a good job on the re-do and it is constantly improving. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

I still haven't gotten a reply to my question of weeks ago regarding as to when my chosen forums will only be shown for my navigation purposes. The previous or "old" RCU was very easy to navigate. I do not want to search through every RCU forum, just mine.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:23 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JCOKEEFE View Post
I still haven't gotten a reply to my question of weeks ago regarding as to when my chosen forums will only be shown for my navigation purposes. The previous or "old" RCU was very easy to navigate. I do not want to search through every RCU forum, just mine.
I'm not sure what your seeing, but if you click on "My Forums" it will take you to a page that will show new posts in threads you are subscribed to, and then immediately below that will show you the list of all forums you are subscribed to. Are you not able to get this page??
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

I don't want the moderator job. It's amazing how a bunch of grown men can't abide by the rules.
if I don't like a thread I voice my opinion and just don't go back to it.
if we are not civil and educated they will keep closing threads
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM
init4fun

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lopflyers View Post
Hi lopflyers ,

That's just it , I'm sure the mods don't want to close threads , how can one have a discussion forum with no discussion ????

NOoo , what most usually happens is that someone who doesn't like the content of a thread , oh , who knows , like maybe a thread bashing a vendor that they've being paid to protect , will come into the thread purposefully acting obnoxious , and get the thread closed to take the bad light off of their company . In this process they "game" the system by getting the thread closed rather than just having themselves ejected from the thread but have the thread remain open . The person with the rightful complaint gets to watch their thread go down in flames and doesn't get the satisfaction of being able to discuss the issue with other folks who may have experienced the same thing . When the thread is closed the subject is swept under the rug , just where the deliberate thread derailer wanted it all along . I would think that after seeing this time and again WRT a certain vendor in particular , the Mods would catch on to it and stop closing threads based on the (staged) tantrums of the company's lackeys , and eject the troublemakers instead . Funny , the usual MO is to come into the thread acting all helpfull , and then turn on the upset customer to further rile him and provoke a negative response . Before long , the ensuing slugfest results in the closure of the thread . Been there , seen it , and bet we see it again ........
Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
I'm not sure what your seeing, but if you click on "My Forums" it will take you to a page that will show new posts in threads you are subscribed to, and then immediately below that will show you the list of all forums you are subscribed to. Are you not able to get this page??
When I go to "My Forums" In the old RCU when I selected "My Forums" I got a tab that listed new posts in "My Forums" by thread since my last visit. I loved this as I don't want to have to sort through every forum in "My Forums" to find new posts. I don't want to have to "Subscribe" to a thread to see new posts on it. If there's a new post to a thread in "My Forums" just tell me.

Please put this feature back on the site. It not being there really annoys me to the point of no longer enjoying the site.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:24 PM
JCOKEEFE

Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
I don't want to subscribe to "threads". I have selected My Forums and want to navigate through them, and read their respective threads contained therein, as I did under the old RCU.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (344)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lopflyers View Post
I don't want the moderator job. It's amazing how a bunch of grown men can't abide by the rules.
if I don't like a thread I voice my opinion and just don't go back to it.
It all starts when someone makes a comment that someone else disagrees with ...

That person then makes a comment about the intelligence of the other person ...

The first person then comes out swinging ...

Then someone else joins in ...

Then others ...

Before you know it, things get out of hand ...

And it becomes a free-for-all as tempers flair ...

Someone eventually calls Ken, or he just decides to drop in to see how the kids are getting along. And if needed, he eliminates the problems ...

The rest of the people in the thread then praise Ken for doing a great job ...

In the ideal world, peace and tranquility return ...

But in reality, someone involved in the calamity contacts Vito to visit the home of the instigator ...

Attached Images                 

Last edited by Airplanes400; 09-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

I have found the new RCU to be acceptable and every effort has been made to correct real deficiencies. That does not mean what you or I think needed to be fixed, but stuff that was flatly wrong. I actually have been impressed with the various improvements and repairs to broken things that get done as time goes on. But we all know I stay out of step all of the time...
Old 09-19-2013, 05:56 AM
eddieC

I hope the 'tweaking' (not twerking - ugh) isn't done. I'd still like to see our 'scores' reinstated, and am still not getting email updates to subscribed forums. I know there's a thread for input, but this is the one being read in Heartbeat.

On the plus side, the 'auto-save' feature is great.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

There were several rules violations in that poll that caused it be removed. We don't "censor" here at RCU, regardless of what some may think. In fact, there are many examples of threads here on RCU that I have gone out of my way to make sure they stayed open and running. So the issue that we removed because of censorship is a moot point. However, when a thread violates the RCU Community Rules then it can be removed, as this one was.

Ken
This line is total Crap, I have a few emails from you (RCU) concerning a thread I started specifically stating "of course we sensor" and "it wont stay up if it is against RCU", let me try to dig these up, nothing like catching someone in a lie!