Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU, truly sad.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 PM
GRandolph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't search anything on RCUniverse. Using Safari on a Ipad4 with IOS6. When I click on Search the page never loads.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:13 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree other than the classified's once in awhile I go to rcg and other sites, I used to enjoy reading all the post on rcu but finally gave up because of all the trouble with the site working, now its not user friendly. Funny thing is the other sites never had the issues of rcu and they stayed the same.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:56 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Just like the OP, I too have noticed a severe drop off in posts.. Sad really.. I used to enjoy coming here every day just to see what was going on in the forums, but now it seems like I can come here once every few days and not miss anything.

Craig
Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 PM
tazzzz

Waah. Waah. Waah waah waaaH
Old 10-13-2013, 06:07 PM
topspin

Originally Posted by yellerchamp
I agree other than the classified's once in awhile I go to rcg and other sites, I used to enjoy reading all the post on rcu but finally gave up because of all the trouble with the site working, now its not user friendly. Funny thing is the other sites never had the issues of rcu and they stayed the same.
And yet here you are and it appears to be working just fine.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tazzzz
Waah. Waah. Waah waah waaaH
Pretty much what has become of RCU, in a nutshell.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Say what you like gents! I'm just glad we have a website like RCU and RCG and FG...be happy for the small amount we got!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM
robwiljas

I don't mind the new forum, things change and I'm OK with that. The fall of RCU in my opinion is the attitudes of some of the regulars.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:04 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by topspin
That scenario is not unique to this board, it happens on the other ones and more often it seems. I think the site is OK but there are a few nuisances like getting an email every time someone responds to a thread. The default for that should be no notification with a way to turn it on if you want to.

By the way, what is metal urgy? Sorry,,,,just couldn't help it on that one..
True,, but I think the moderation sqashes the troublemakers on most boards, here it goes on and on before anything is done,

I have no email issues, You can turn off your personal default in the settings

Urgy Orgy I don't know, I'm a math guy.,, if the speel cheq cant figure out what I mean, and my wife isn't around, you guys are on your own.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Airplanes400, on the main Forums page the total count is at the bottom of the page. It gives a most ever (since the update) and list everyone logged on.
Thank you.
I found it.

Currently Active Users
There are currently 3337 users online. 573 members and 2764 guests
Most users ever online was 6,472, 08-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:41 AM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

I 100% agree with the OP, I just didn't care to complain simply because I lost the attachment to RCU. I down graded my statis and removed my CC from their file after they waited nearly a year to surprise me with marketing charges on my credit card. I asked for a receipt, invoice, anything showing who , what, when and where and I received ZERO response. So, I claimed fraud against the RCU charges to my card and that was that! Sorry RCU, but you guys need to get your act together. As for the new platform, I could care less as it really does nothing to enhance my side of the screen.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

RCU has changed? Didn't notice.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Bill Rademacher
My Feedback: (77)

I don't mind the forum changes. And I see they added an images link under the thread tools. OOOOhhh thank you!

billrad
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

True,, but I think the moderation sqashes the troublemakers on most boards, here it goes on and on before anything is done
NOT WHEN IT INVOLVES RCU MODS OR RCU IN GENERAL! Bunch of Hypocritical Ba$t3rds! I used to love the site but I've been turned off by a few different things! Most all of which involve the mods here!
They say they are fair and don't discriminate, total lie, most I do now days is use the market place and check the heartbeat. And guess what, after a very short lived repair, that DAMN RCU FOAMY is back! The RCU shot of the moment for the last five years! Perfect for the site that cant seem to get anything to work right.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:58 PM
IBxAnders
My Feedback: (1)

I didn't know viewers were down 2/3rds, that's terrible!! I know a lot of my club buddies don't come around any more. It's definitely a change for the worse.

The good:
1. Auto-save when writing posts. I haven't lost one yet.

The Bad:
1. Too many banner ads.
Same exact ad layout as prior to any software changes.

4. Lost my 'rating' . I thought they said it was coming back?
Your rating link is right below your username as "My Feedback", http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...gs&memid=14518

5. No email notices of updated subscribed threads. And yes, I've tried the fixes.
We imported all of your subscribed threads previously, potentially, the reason you are not being sent the newew notices is because your profile options are configured to "Do not subscribe".

IMO, IB needs to abandon this front end and get something like vBulletin, much more user-friendly
This is vBulletin.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

I see and use better forums in the UK. Not as big but very cogent in responses. I agree the improvement is a step backwards, now takes three or four steps to get into it. I have about as many posts here as the other major US forum and started a couple of years ago. I do not mind the ads, that's business. I do care about how much you have to do to get into it. A lot of web page designers think they know what they are doing but don't Such is life.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by GRandolph
I can't search anything on RCUniverse. Using Safari on a Ipad4 with IOS6. When I click on Search the page never loads.
I can't agree more with the search being totally useless ... i wanted "OFFSHORE RACING" and I got this instead :O
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/...257c%257c%257c

Last edited by vasek; 10-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 PM
jtotten

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vasek
I can't agree more with the search being totally useless ... i wanted "OFFSHORE RACING" and I got this instead :O
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/...257c%257c%257c
I did the search for "OFFSHORE RACING" making sure that the "posts" box was checked, and recieved about 101 results, mostly in
"Speed- RC Nitro Boats", "Speed - RC Gas Boats", "Speed - Electric", and "RC Boats - General".
I am using an Apple Mac with Safari.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:51 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Looking at the numbers optimistically, that means that 10,000 whining useless posters have gone over to RCG to do their thing and we don't have to mull through their useless bickering here. NICE IMPROVEMENT. AMEN!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM
topspin

Originally Posted by jtotten
I did the search for "OFFSHORE RACING" making sure that the "posts" box was checked, and recieved about 101 results, mostly in
"Speed- RC Nitro Boats", "Speed - RC Gas Boats", "Speed - Electric", and "RC Boats - General".
I am using an Apple Mac with Safari.
Try the same search in RCGroups and see what you get. Please don't tell me it's any better because the search function on that site returns scads of useless information that you have to wade through to find what you want.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:48 AM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

Try the same search in RCGroups and see what you get. Please don't tell me it's any better because the search function on that site returns scads of useless information that you have to wade through to find what you want.
That's because its the same Knuckleheads!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM
acerc

ROTFLMAO!!!
Isn't that the truth Erik. As a matter of fact, most of the guys that run in my circle here, are on RCU, RCG, SB, FG, RCCanada, and even a few are on some full scale forums that I participate on.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:03 AM
acerc

What most are missing is that a lot of those that have went else where asked questions or made comments that provoked some thought as to what the builder was thinking and why. I did enjoy that aspect of the traffic. Most of the guys that visit my threads are much like myself and do things much in the same way. There is not much room for new ways or new thinking when everyone thinks the same thing.
And as for those complaining of those that complain, well .
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by topspin
Well there use to be an "old seach" on RCU taht has worked to my satisfaction for years... so why NOT still LEAVE it as an option ?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok Guys,
I've been with RCU for over a decade and to be honest, I was not real happy with the new system in the beginning. But in time I came to understand the new system and when I came up with problems, I e-mailed RCU and asked for help. Now this is what I have not heard anyone bring up...every single issue I had with the new RCU...my e-mails were answered by some fine soul here at RCU and they fixed the problem.

I spend 90% if my hobby on-line time here at RCU and will continue to support this venue.

My goodness folks...this hobby is suppose to be fun and helping each outer out is what we are here to do. The more support we give the hobby...the more we will have to be joyful for.

Now you want to know about a real Chinese fire drill...just turn on the news and witness this government shooting itself in the foot...day after day.

Soft Landings always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 10-15-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.