Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hand warmers for flying in the cold

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hand warmers for flying in the cold

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hand warmers for flying in the cold

Does anyone use hand warmers for flying in the cold? It is becoming cold enough here in the Northeast that my fingers loose their touch during a 10 or 15 minute flight. I have some old Jon E catalytic hand warmers. They work great in my pockets but I can't fly with my hands in my pockets. I'm wondering if I could put one inside a finger-less glove.

Anyone have and suggestions? .
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look @ Tower Hobbies, they used to have a " Tx glove". Works well once you get used to it, I'm Canadian so i know about winters
Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Originally Posted by JPMacG
Does anyone use hand warmers for flying in the cold? It is becoming cold enough here in the Northeast that my fingers loose their touch during a 10 or 15 minute flight. I have some old Jon E catalytic hand warmers. They work great in my pockets but I can't fly with my hands in my pockets. I'm wondering if I could put one inside a finger-less glove.

Anyone have and suggestions? .
Go to "Good/Will" etc. & get a SMALL kids winter jacket (for about $5.00)......cut the sleeves off at the elbow......fly with TX inside the jacket, your hands through the sleeves to hold the TX.....problem solved.....been using this for awhile now....FWIW
Old 10-22-2013, 03:39 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a TX Glove when it gets really cold and/or when it's snowing. Put a chemical warmer inside and it's toasty. When not using a glove we take a propane tank (gas grill tank)with a double heater on top and put it at the flight line on top of a starting table and use fingerless type gloves. You could slide a chemical warmer inside a glove but they get hot too !
Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Why doesn't some company make self-heating transmitters? I'd love that.