Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Who is in charge here ?

Old 12-03-2013, 05:58 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not think they moderate by the poster-I think the moderators here have a "Thankless" job here at times and many posters have a track record.
In all honesty I have been out of line here many times and have had post(s) deleted-I also see many others that are out of line and there post(s) deleted at time-and sometimes we see people that spout a threat in haste which I think they would have never stated face to face-I think this site works well for my use and I have gained several friends as well as a wealth of information on modeling activities
Old 12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
jtotten

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In Sympathy for RCKen, I am going to repost an entry I made in my Facebook page today. I spent 40 plus years as an industrial engineer and computer systems designer. I made the comment with respect to Affordable Care, but its probably just as relevant to the RCU transition . I have seen many a rougher transition that we had here.
One of my children challenged me to name 15 books that have influenced my life. On that list was “SYSTEMANTICS – How systems work AND ESPECIALLY how they FAIL” by John Gall (1975) . A small (105 pages) book that distilled then current knowledge about systems (such as organizational, mechanical, computer programmed, or societal in general) into a few simple Theories and axioms. They seem as applicable today as they were nearly 40 years. Consider the following quotes as they might apply to the rollout of Affordable Care.

-Systems in general work poorly or not at all.
-Complicated systems produce unexpected outcomes, and their total behavior cannot be predicted.
- In complex systems, malfunction and even total non-function may not be detectable for long periods, if ever.
-The larger the system, the greater the probability of unexpected failure.
- Complex systems usual operate with some parts in failure mode.
Most troubling is the admonition to phase in the new system in parallel with the old.
- In setting up a new System, tread softly. You may be disturbing another system that is actually working.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:58 AM
init4fun

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11327191-hobby-king-growing-post11330684.html#post11330684

This is a link to a post where Jim specifically admits to trolling "countilaw" (Frank) about hobbyking and he apologizes to Frank for trolling him .

NOW TELL ME I'M WRONG ABOUT JIM'S AVATAR !!!!!!!

Last edited by init4fun; 12-04-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:20 AM
init4fun

Oh , And , one more quick BTW for RC Ken ,

Both Jim B and vasek's posts have an edit in them where you state "removing questionable picture" , but the picture was only removed from vasek's post and still appears in Jim B's post , Not pointing this out as any kinds of "stir the pot" , but just so that you can be aware of the apparently failed edit . Thank You ,,,,,
Old 12-04-2013, 06:49 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Oh , And , one more quick BTW for RC Ken ,

Both Jim B and vasek's posts have an edit in them where you state "removing questionable picture" , but the picture was only removed from vasek's post and still appears in Jim B's post , Not pointing this out as any kinds of "stir the pot" , but just so that you can be aware of the apparently failed edit . Thank You ,,,,,
easy one. I removed the photo myself.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by AMA 74894 View Post
easy one. I removed the photo myself.
Hi Jim ,

I know your a well respected guy around here and you DO have my apology for using your post as an example of how I feel that I am singled out for moderation , it's just that it was the most handy example of the point I was trying to make . I know RC Ken has said moderation is "100% strictly by the book" here but then went on to explain that the reason you demeaned the intelligence of the OP was due to having had a bad day . Well ya know what ? I get it , we are all Human ! subject to some very Human traits and mistakes , such as not giving an unpopular member's complaints nearly the same weight as a popular one's or sometimes "shooting the messenger" not for the message itself but for who the messenger is , themselves .

I hope you take none of my sadness at feeling singled out for moderation personally , because I'm truly not looking to attack anyone , just to paint the picture of exactly what things look like from my side of the screen .

Thank You , and really , Happy Flying to both you AND Ken .......
Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 AM
AMA 74894

No harm, no foul from my point of view
on that note, I never did actually apologize to Vasek for my comment in the first place.
I really did not mean for that to come across as sarcastically is it did.
(and the pic was truly a random grab I SHOULD have at least picked an aviation based photo )

now let's get back to figuring out that last minute Christma... I mean HOLIDAY gift shopping
Old 12-04-2013, 07:28 AM
init4fun

I say this in all sincerity ;

Jim , I KNEW you are one of the good guys from the moment I first read any of your posts . I know you mean well for RCU and are a great asset to the site with the fairness you bring to your discussions . I really do appreciate your well wishes as they mean alot , coming from someone I respect like you . Have a GREAT Holiday and hoping you and your family have an awesome new year
Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 AM
init4fun

on that note, I never did actually apologize to Vasek for my comment in the first place.
(and the pic was truly a random grab I SHOULD have at least picked an aviation based photo )

now let's get back to figuring out that last minute Christma... I mean HOLIDAY gift shopping
Any yes Sir , Callin it Christmas shopping sure sounds fine to me
Old 12-04-2013, 08:10 AM
init4fun

Would it be OK to ask where my post went , asking Plane Jim about his avatar ? Should I start a new topic for the question ? I think It's a fair question , especially given the info in the post that still remains ? A little explaination would sure go a long way here ?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11327191-hobby-king-growing-post11330684.html#post11330684

This is a link to a post where Jim specifically admits to trolling "countilaw" (Frank) about hobbyking and he apologizes to Frank for trolling him .

NOW TELL ME I'M WRONG ABOUT JIM'S AVATAR !!!!!!!
I have said this before and I will say it again, who cares what he has placed in his personal information? This member has broken no rules and there is no basis for me to take any actions against him. If what he has posted in his location bothers you that much then I would suggest that you put him on your Ignore List so that you do not have to look at his information any longer. But playing this out in the open forums of RCU is not going to continue.

Would it be OK to ask where my post went , asking Plane Jim about his avatar ? Should I start a new topic for the question ? I think It's a fair question , especially given the info in the post that still remains ? A little explaination would sure go a long way here ?
your post was removed and I have sent you a PM explaining why I did this.

Ken
Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 AM
init4fun

See next post

Last edited by init4fun; 12-04-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again, who cares what he has placed in his personal information? This member has broken no rules and there is no basis for me to take any actions against him. If what he has posted in his location bothers you that much then I would suggest that you put him on your Ignore List so that you do not have to look at his information any longer. But playing this out in the open forums of RCU is not going to continue.

your post was removed and I have sent you a PM explaining why I did this.

Ken
Ok Ken , You win , To threaten a member with banning for asking a simple question which attacked , nor even MENTIONED , anyone , is well within your capabilities as a moderator , but can you REALLY justify threatning to ban a guy who has attacked no one and wants nothing more than to hear the fellow poster's ideas of what is or is not suitable avatar conduct ?

Just curious if there are any OTHER , non attacking , questions I can be threatened with a ban for as well ?

Last edited by init4fun; 12-04-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Ok Ken , You win , To threaten a member with banning for asking a simple question which attacked , nor even MENTIONED , anyone , is well within your capabilities as a moderator , but can you REALLY justify threatning to ban a guy who has attacked no one and wants nothing more than to hear the fellow poster's ideas of what is or is not suitable avatar conduct ?

Just curious if there are any OTHER , non attacking , questions I can be threatened with a ban for as well ?
I am sorry that you feel this way, but I have not threatened to ban you just because you have mentioned what somebody else has done. So please don't play this off as you're asking a simple question. But instead I have told you that you would be banned if you didn't stop your personal crusade against one member. It's one thing to simply ask a question about what a member has done, but the level of your interest in his info goes way beyond just mentioning it. I explained all of this to you when you submitted a report ticket on this matter, but you have continued to crusade on what a member has in his personal information. You have been given ample opportunities to stop what you were doing before I said you would be banned. It was only when I told you that you would be banned if you didn't stop that I got your attention.

I am sorry to have to post all of this in the open forums, but since you have asked the questions in the open forum instead of PM'ing me then I am going to answer you here. It's not normally the way I will deal with issues such as this, but since you want to play this out in public, then I'll oblige you on that.

I do want to apologize to the rest of RCU that are having to watch this.

Ken
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
I am sorry that you feel this way, but I have not threatened to ban you just because you have mentioned what somebody else has done. So please don't play this off as you're asking a simple question. But instead I have told you that you would be banned if you didn't stop your personal crusade against one member. It's one thing to simply ask a question about what a member has done, but the level of your interest in his info goes way beyond just mentioning it. I explained all of this to you when you submitted a report ticket on this matter, but you have continued to crusade on what a member has in his personal information. You have been given ample opportunities to stop what you were doing before I said you would be banned. It was only when I told you that you would be banned if you didn't stop that I got your attention.

I am sorry to have to post all of this in the open forums, but since you have asked the questions in the open forum instead of PM'ing me then I am going to answer you here. It's not normally the way I will deal with issues such as this, but since you want to play this out in public, then I'll oblige you on that.

I do want to apologize to the rest of RCU that are having to watch this.

Ken
Hi Ken ,

Thank You for taking the time to work through this , I do appreciate it .

Now , While I understand your position of my not mentioning any specific person (thus construed as a personal attack on that person) WRT my avatar question , once I removed any and all mention of any member's name I just can't see how the question was still off limits ? I DO think what is and is not acceptable avatar conduct is a viable topic for discussion here in the clubhouse . I think you have become SO angered with me and this discussion that you are reacting to me instead of the content of my posts . Tell me Sir , If in any other situation any other member posted a generic question of whether it's right or not to post a company's name in big block letters and then go posting to threads of folks unhappy with that company , would it still warrant removal ? You and I both know it would not . I can only conclude that it is only init4fun who isn't allowed to ask such questions of forum behavior for the reason of you being angry with me for the way I raised the topic of discussion in the first place . When you threatened me with banning is when I decided that maybe the rest of the on line RCU community SHOULD see just how the dealings go with "the squeaky wheel" in that you are threatening to ban me for that which really in NO WAY is a "banworthy" offence .

I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye about this , and no amount of posts public nor private are going to change either one of our views about it . With that I will make this my last post about the difference of opinion we have . I am not looking for a fight , I wanted a clarification of the views of the posting public WRT avatar behavior and acceptability , but that nor nothing else is important enough to go getting threatened with being banned over , thus the end of my participation in this discussion .
Old 12-04-2013, 07:35 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

I am removing the Hobbyking from my Avatar if this will make all this stop-I am in this for enjoyment of the Hobby and as I posted earlier-this site has provided a lot of great reading and know how from other modelers that have similar interests. Sure I like teasing but never would I want to continue a behavior that would cause great turmoil-I get no enjoyment out a another man's anquish. I speak of HK often only to tease with Frank and actually have enjoyed conversing thru this site with him. thanks

Last edited by PLANE JIM; 12-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

To get back to the subject: Ken recently I'm getting this instead of the pictures (different forums, same thing). Why is that ?

Thanks, V.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	postRCU_102705.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1944884  
Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (344)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked the picture of the girls on the bar stools! Good thing I saved a copy of it! Thanks!
Also, it was aviation based. One of the girls was sitting in the Superman seat. Superman flys, so it is aviation based.

It's CHRISTMAS !!!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:28 AM
AMA 74894

Originally Posted by vasek View Post
To get back to the subject: Ken recently I'm getting this instead of the pictures (different forums, same thing). Why is that ?

Thanks, V.
Hi, Vasek!
are you seeing that for EVERYONE's pictures or just for that user (acerc) ?
Reason: I know that user had some difficulties with his images, and unfortunately he inadvertently deleted them from his profile.
(thus deleting them from the individual posts / threads)
IB is working on restoring those images, but that would be one explanation for why that user's pics aren't displaying properly.

hope that's informative at least... and not to kick a dead horse, you've got my apologies for my earlier sarcasm
Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Hi, Vasek!
are you seeing that for EVERYONE's pictures or just for that user (acerc) ?
Hi, Jim!
It's just some images and in other threads as well. The post I've shown is a very recent one and no one in the forum complained so I think it's just me (that) don't see it.

Cheers, V.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Hi Ken ,

Thank You for taking the time to work through this , I do appreciate it .

Now , While I understand your position of my not mentioning any specific person (thus construed as a personal attack on that person) WRT my avatar question , once I removed any and all mention of any member's name I just can't see how the question was still off limits ? I DO think what is and is not acceptable avatar conduct is a viable topic for discussion here in the clubhouse . I think you have become SO angered with me and this discussion that you are reacting to me instead of the content of my posts . Tell me Sir , If in any other situation any other member posted a generic question of whether it's right or not to post a company's name in big block letters and then go posting to threads of folks unhappy with that company , would it still warrant removal ? You and I both know it would not . I can only conclude that it is only init4fun who isn't allowed to ask such questions of forum behavior for the reason of you being angry with me for the way I raised the topic of discussion in the first place . When you threatened me with banning is when I decided that maybe the rest of the on line RCU community SHOULD see just how the dealings go with "the squeaky wheel" in that you are threatening to ban me for that which really in NO WAY is a "banworthy" offence .

I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye about this , and no amount of posts public nor private are going to change either one of our views about it . With that I will make this my last post about the difference of opinion we have . I am not looking for a fight , I wanted a clarification of the views of the posting public WRT avatar behavior and acceptability , but that nor nothing else is important enough to go getting threatened with being banned over , thus the end of my participation in this discussion .
I am not angry with you in any manner, I don't get mad at members. I did warn you that you were facing Administrative Actions here at RCU because you were on some crusade against one member simply because you didn't like what he had placed in his personal information. I calmly answered your questions about this very topic yet you didn't like my answers so you continued on a campaign to try to force a member to do what you wanted him to. You faced a possible ban simply because you failed to listen to what I was telling you time and time again. So if you want to "blame" somebody for my "threat" to ban you then I would suggest that you find a mirror. You were given many chances to simply let this subject drop, but you choose not to. This very post here of yours is ample evidence of that fact that you're not going to listen to what I have told, otherwise you wouldn't have asked the same question that I have already answered many times already. However, the constant attacks on a single member are not going to be tolerated and will get a person banned from RCU. We're not going to allow anybody to single out and target a specific member like that. Now I am sorry that I have to say this to you in the open forums, but I have said it to you many times in more private communications and you still don't seem to get it, and since you want to try to air this out in the open forums I'm going to oblige you and give you the answers to your questions in the same manner that you asked them.

I have answered this very same question for you many times already, you just seem to not want to accept the answer that I gave you. But I will answer it one more time. There are no rules telling what can or cannot go into a member's location information. There have been members that have used all kinds of information in their location such as "Disney Land", "Never Never Land", "the land that time forgot", etc... As long as they don't violate profanity or any of our other rules we are going to allow members to put whatever that want to in their location information. Heck, I don't care if a member puts "The land of pink Twinkies" in their information block, I'm not going to take actions against it. But for one short moment let's just go down your little fantasy road and say that we block a member from placing "HobbyKing" in their information block, Then why don't we just ban the entire word "HobbyKing" from RCU. Heck, why stop there?? Now let's ban "Futaba", "JR", "Tower Hobbies", "Horizon hobbies". And while we're at it we'll hire one 5 new Moderators that their only duty is going to be as our "Word Police" to make sure that nobody on RCU utters a word that might somehow upset the sensitive and fragile feelings of another member of RCU. Do you see where I am going here?? We are not going to police a member and change what he puts in his location simply because you do not like it. If it bothers you that much then I recommend that you put this member on your ignore list, that way you will never have to read what they have placed in their location ever again.

Ken
Old 12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
AMA 74894

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-s...s-emhw-36.html

found it, and I'm actually seeing the same thing as you...
(post #885 does not have a picture at all, just an 'attached thumbnails' icon.) posts #884, 887 and 889 (among others) DO show pictures...
I'm assuming (hehe) the issue with the pic in post 885 is that it was either deleted or had some other issue.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:56 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM View Post
I am removing the Hobbyking from my Avatar if this will make all this stop-I am in this for enjoyment of the Hobby and as I posted earlier-this site has provided a lot of great reading and know how from other modelers that have similar interests. Sure I like teasing but never would I want to continue a behavior that would cause great turmoil-I get no enjoyment out a another man's anquish. I speak of HK often only to tease with Frank and actually have enjoyed conversing thru this site with him. thanks jim
Jim,
You broke no rules with what you placed in your information and there is no reason why you should have had to change it. Please feel free to put it back if you wish.

Ken
Old 12-05-2013, 11:33 AM
IBobi
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vasek View Post

Thanks, V.
You're getting this message for what pictures? All? Your own? Just acerc's?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 PM
daven

Ken, I wish you and RCU all the best... Good luck working through these issues, but too be honest, I hardly stop here anymore because of the unfriendliness..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.