Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Kadet senior wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 08:09 AM
wch40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadet senior wing

I inherited a Kadet Senior when my dad passed away
and though I found a pair of wings among his many planes I was not sure
I had the correct ones; so I ordered a wing kit from Sig. Now nearing completion
it does not appear the wing is for a kit plane. The fuselage has 2 dowel holes
in the front above the cockpit and 2 1/4x20 threaded holes in the rear. Does this sound like
the arf Kadet?

William C Harrison
Akron, Ohio
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The original Senior Cadet KIT, the wing was a banded wing with two dowels protruding from the upper cabin area on the side to rubber band the wing on, there were no bolts used at all.

The current Senior Cadet ARF uses a single square pin protruding from the leading edge and just under the wing with two bolts through the trailing edge into a bolt plate in the fuselage. Some of the clone arf Senior Cadet wings such as the Nitro planes version also use a square single pin but it is a slightly different dimension and location.

Some folks do sometime modify there wings from a single front squar pin to two round pins.

John