Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Baxter field in Moore, OK status?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Baxter field in Moore, OK status?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 PM
dabigboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Baxter field in Moore, OK status?

I am looking for a place to fly my 40-size stuff. I have flown at Baxter by Draper Lake a couple years ago as a guest, but lived pretty far at the time. Now I am in Moore and it seems like this is the closest field I can find (CORCS might be slightly closer, but it's right in the middle of OU as I understand it). A customer of mine who flies at Baxter tells me it's down for runway expansion and there is some sort of new deal with Oklahoma City....what's the status? I also see the club's website is gone. Of course if anyone has a suggestion on a closer field, I'm all ears! I have flown at a couple of local parks, but the bigger models get a little hairy when there are lots of people or events around. I don't even know who to contact to join Baxter, if it's even still in operation right now.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dabigboy View Post
I am looking for a place to fly my 40-size stuff. I have flown at Baxter by Draper Lake a couple years ago as a guest, but lived pretty far at the time. Now I am in Moore and it seems like this is the closest field I can find (CORCS might be slightly closer, but it's right in the middle of OU as I understand it). A customer of mine who flies at Baxter tells me it's down for runway expansion and there is some sort of new deal with Oklahoma City....what's the status? I also see the club's website is gone. Of course if anyone has a suggestion on a closer field, I'm all ears! I have flown at a couple of local parks, but the bigger models get a little hairy when there are lots of people or events around. I don't even know who to contact to join Baxter, if it's even still in operation right now.
Try the OMAC field. Great guys.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:14 PM
dabigboy

OMAC, now that's one I had no idea about! So I looked up their website, and even had a chance to drive by the field this week (had a service call in Newcastle)....looks nice! I had no idea there was a flying field in Newcastle.

I just shot them an email about joining. I timed my drive back home from the field when I drove by: exactly 21 minutes. That's better than Baxter (which was probably at least 30mins), plus the roads between here and Newcastle tend to not get crazy at rush hour.

Thanks for the suggestion! Next challenge: making enough time in my schedule to get out there on a regular basis and get these hangar queens back in the air.....
Old 02-07-2015, 01:23 AM
FlyingBryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let ya'll know Baxter Flying Fields new runway is done and they have a new website. http://www.baxterfield.club

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	field.png
Views:	297
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	2071064  
Old 02-08-2015, 07:58 PM
dabigboy

Awesome, thanks so much for posting this. As it happens, I just sold a trainer to a friend who has been out of the hobby for a few years...we will need a place to fly that doesn't involve high-performance takeoffs and short-field landings as standard practice.

Matt