Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Superior RC Models Upgrades Required

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Superior RC Models Upgrades Required

Old 04-30-2014, 09:58 PM
WingNut565

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Superior RC Models Upgrades Required

I am, or should I say, was, the owner of Superior RC Model Distributors. I made every attempt to provide the best top quality giant-scale models that anyone would hope to own. I had the best coverings with Oracover, the finest fit and finish, as well as craftsmanship, but a new brand name and being unknown in a bad economic situation did not help.

Anyone that has a Superior RC model needs to know that there have been upgrades to these models to make their performance last longer.

The carbon fiber hinge rods in our original model have been upgraded to Stainless Steel Rods due to the wearing at the hinge locations in our Pocket Hinge System.
If you purchased one of the Superior RC models at a shop, or from a friend, or from the auction, and the model does not include the steel hinge rods, you need to know that the original carbon hinge rods will wear at the contact points and eventually fail, which may cause difficulty in changing them, or catastrophic flight failure.

The models that were sold at auction should contain the steel rods, and if they do not, it is the responsibility of the auction house because they were notified and supplied with the upgraded parts before the auction took place.

For other parts that may be needed due to unfortunate circumstances, you may contact the factory representative directly by email. This email is the exact contact that I have from the factory which I contracted to manufacture my Superior RC models. Parts can be ordered for each color scheme that I offered for sale.

For parts, please contact Ruby at [email protected], and I am sure that she will be able to help you.

I have made every effort to make my models the best you can get, and I assure you that Ruby will be able to help you obtain the parts that you need in the original colors of the schemes that were offered at the time of sale.

Any other questions about the Superior RC brand can be directed to me at [email protected] and I will do my best to help you any way I can.

Rick Adams
Superior RC
Old 05-08-2014, 09:27 PM
autoguns

Excellent thanks for the update. I recently began to assemble the 50cc yak and do like the fit and finish of the planes you offered , I have one question I'd like to ask just to be sure, is the CG of 145-150 correct ? Reason I ask is I was told the manual was incorrect . Thanks JW
Old 05-09-2014, 03:30 PM
WingNut565

Some of the responses to this question vary depending on how the plane is set up. Most of the people had to add weight to the nose, and I was in contact with the engineer at the factory to determine if the CG needed adjustment, but was not able to finalize this with him.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:12 AM
autoguns

Thanks for the info , the plane was to have a da50 in it , maybe I'll put a 85 in it to give it some more weight up front. The added power would be a plus too.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:06 PM
WingNut565

I actually wanted to try a 62 - 65cc on the Superior RC Yak 50cc. I agree that the power would be nice instead of dead weight. And maybe use a 22x10 or more pitch to keep it slow. The yak does well in 3D maneuvers.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
TESANBORN

Is there still a place where I can get the stainless steel hinge rods my 50cc Yak 54 came with only the carbon pins. any help would be appreciated.Thanks!Edward Sanborn
Old 08-08-2014, 09:09 AM
EddieDean
My Feedback: (3)

I recently acquired a Superior R/C Yak 54 (63") and need to find a manual or at least the recommended starting point for C/G. Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 08-16-2014, 07:19 AM
WingNut565

I am traveling for work, and won't be able to scan the original assembly manual until next weekend. When I get there, I will send it to you in PDF format.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 PM
EddieDean

WingNut565, I appreciate that very much. Have a safe trip.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Aviator747

@eddiedean If you never got a copy of the build manual you can go here. http://www.cymodel.com/Cn/pro_view.asp?id=56&cid=8&scid= This is where superior rc got their stuff from. You can send a email here: [email protected]; with the link I posted asking for the manual. I did this for my superior rc extra 330l 50cc. I had the manual but wanted to see if there was a revised version. As the manual is pretty piss poor. I got the exact same thing, but without the superior rc logo.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:16 PM
EddieDean

Thanks you Aviator 747. I have send CYModels an email.