Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Service with a smile-Tower Hobbies

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Service with a smile-Tower Hobbies

Old 05-28-2014, 02:43 AM
TomCrump

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Service with a smile-Tower Hobbies

My recent order from Tower Hobbies arrived in an unusable condition. It was a small order. The box was undamaged...on the outside.

The order consisted of a roll of Monokote, and 12 bottles of CA.

Somehow, the top of a CA bottle was sheared off. You can imagine the resulting mess. The remaining bottles were covered in CA, and the roll of covering was glued to the box.

I called Tower. A friendly voice answered. I explained my problem. The response was friendly and courteous. A complete new order would be shipped. No further questions were asked. They didn't want proof. no pictures, no nothing. I was told that I could keep any salvageable items !

With so many horror stories about some suppliers, I felt that I should point out Tower's excellent customer support. It's service like this, that keeps me coming back, for over 20 years.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:23 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tower is known for good service I also shop from them.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:12 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have had a similar experience with Tower. Their service is next to none.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 AM
thepamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered from Tower countless times over the years and only had to return something once. It was a battery that had a bad cell. The battery was replaced at no charge and I was also given a credit for equal price so essentially got the battery for free.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:35 PM
TomCrump

They express shipped the replacement order ! It arrived today, in great shape.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:26 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice...

Were you able to salvage anything from the first order?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:37 PM
TomCrump

There was one broken bottle of CA. It leaked all over the other bottles, and glued the Monokote to the box.

I explained this to Customer Service. I also told them that I had not attempted to open the roll of covering.

The graciously told me that they didn't want anything back. When the replacement order arrived, I figured that it was then OK to play with the roll of Monokote. I was pleasantly surprised to find that only the first 6 inches of covering was damaged. The CA bottles have CA on them, but are also usable.

Without trying to deceive Tower, I ended up with 11 sticky, but usable bottles of CA, and a 6 inch short roll of Monokote !

Tower treated me well on this. They have insured my patronage for a long time to come.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

I have been a customer of Tower Hobbies since 1974, back in the days of mail order and COD.

Also Hobby Shack/Hobby People

Also Indy RC/Horizon Hobby

All of them, I am thankful to say, have had outstanding customer support whenever I needed it.

Hobby People is local so I need only walk in their door to get great customer service.

Horizon products are sold by a local hobby store, staffed by awesome people including an AMA Hall of Fame'r, so he takes good care of me if I ever have an issue with Horizon stuff.

Tower is the only long distance hobby supplier I have to deal with and thank goodness, they are awesome with their customer service.

I truly feel blessed.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Charlie P.

I've had a couple problem items but they have ALWAYS made good. In one case I ordered a sealing iron and it was missing the stand. They sent a new stand AND sealing iron and told me to keep the original.

Recently bought a 1SQ and one of the LED's didn't light. They sent a whole new arm priority w/ motor and light. Sure, it's a pain when the original items aren't 100%, but these are coming from a long way off and they seem to do a great job at making things right.

Ask THE ADMIRAL - I keep a steady flow of boxes coming in from Tower.