Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Another Malaysian 777 crash

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Another Malaysian 777 crash

Old 07-19-2014, 05:35 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j.duncker
Ladies and gentlemen RCU is politics free zone.

I have already removed more than half the posts in this thread.

I can only assume that what the bottom line here is to either remove the complete thread or reinstate the removed posts.

This could get very sticky as what ever happened to, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what was that Constitutional Right ........... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, now I remember ............ it was " Freedom of Speech " !

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss ................... this could become very sticky indeed !! As does RCU not allow " Freedom of Speech " ?

Now don't get upset Mr. & Mrs. Moderator as I am only posing a question. Or is that not allowed also ?
Old 07-19-2014, 06:18 AM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to me that,like here in the UK , your freedom of speech has been eroded also. They will not be happy until we are all sheep.

Back to to topic I just read that the group who have allegedly committed this crime against those poor innocent people have been looting their luggage, just about sums them up in my eyes. How low can they get.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:09 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a private forum with rules re posts..one of which is NO POLITICS.

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
Although discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the thread and related to the forum you are submitting your message.

• RCUniverse's chosen language is English. All other languages are subject to removal.
  • Each forum has a different topic, so what is appropriate in one forum or thread may not be appropriate in another. RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related.
  • We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.
All the posts removed had political content.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Granpooba
I can only assume that what the bottom line here is to either remove the complete thread or reinstate the removed posts.

This could get very sticky as what ever happened to, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what was that Constitutional Right ........... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, now I remember ............ it was " Freedom of Speech " !

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss ................... this could become very sticky indeed !! As does RCU not allow " Freedom of Speech " ?

Now don't get upset Mr. & Mrs. Moderator as I am only posing a question. Or is that not allowed also ?

The Constitution is a law for the government to follow. RCU does not have to allow you to say anything.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
The Constitution is a law for the government to follow. RCU does not have to allow you to say anything.
Written by the government for the " PEOPLE " ! Thus, what you are saying is that RCU does not allow freedom of speech.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well, no sense in continuing this subject as with all other ones, it will not accomplish a darn thing !

Guess you can all get back to discussing the killing of innocent people.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:34 PM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Originally Posted by j.duncker
This is a private forum with rules re posts..one of which is NO POLITICS.

All the posts removed had political content.
Read it yourself, mr dunker. You missed nearly a dozen other posts that have political content, which since you left those in place, you must either like or agree with or else why aren't they missing?

Your remark SHOULD read, "All posts political in nature have been removed". But it would then require you to actually *remove* all the posts that are political in nature, and you have failed to do that thus far.

Apply your rules evenly or not at all - as it reads now, your moderation STILL tastes of fail.

Last edited by RBardin; 07-24-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Sport_Pilot

Read it yourself, mr dunker. You missed nearly a dozen other posts that have political content, which since you left those in place, you must either like or agree with or else why aren't they missing?
As the moderator that is his prerogative. There is free speech and free press. Free press belongs to the owner of the press.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:05 PM
j.duncker

Originally Posted by RBardin

Here, allow me to spoon-feed you; posts #2-7, #17, #26 &7.

Apply your rules evenly or not at all - as it reads now, your moderation tastes of fail.
If you feel that a post contravenes our rules please report it. [ Triangular icon bottom left. ]This raises a ticket which is sent to all mods who work this particular forum.

Last edited by j.duncker; 07-19-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:08 PM
mtnflyer14

The second bullet of the RCU rules:
"RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related."
It seems to me that this entire thread "contravenes" the rules.
Regards,
Gus

Last edited by mtnflyer14; 07-20-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:57 PM
j.duncker

Originally Posted by mtnflyer14
The second bullet of the RCU rules:
"RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related."
It seems to me that this entire thread "contravenes" the rules.
Regards,
Gus
There has been a history of allowing discussion of full size jets usually those that are modeled.or might be modeled. The thread on the Airbus EDF project is a good example.

This thread is a stretch and I considered moving it when I first saw it but the post count was already over 20 so I let it run here.

If you want it moved raise a ticket and a mod will make a decision.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 PM
roger.alli

You are doing a great job Mr Dunker.

This is truly a terrible event involving the death of people of many different nationalities. This is not the first time it has happened unfortunately. .From the IBT.

If confirmed that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down by either pro-Russian rebels or Ukrainian forces, it would be the latest - and deadliest - in a long list of planes shot down by "mistake" - although in most cases there are usually counter-claims that the attack was anything but an accident.

4 October 2001: A Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 between Tel Aviv and Novosibirsk crashed in the Black Sea - not too far from the site of today's deadly crash. All 66 passengers and 12 crew died. An exercise by the Ukrainian military was blamed.

29 September 1998: Lionair Flight LN 602 was shot down off Sri Lanka with the loss of all 55 people aboard. Tamil rebels were blamed for shooting down the aircraft though this was never proved.

In one of the most notorious previous incidents, on 3 July 1988 an Iran Air Flight 655 between Tehran and Dubai was shot down by a surface-to-air missile (SAM) fired from USS Vincennes in the Persian Gulf. All 275 passengers and 15 crew aboard the Airbus A300 B2-203 died, making it one of the deadliest aviation disasters of all time. The US eventually paid compensation to victims.

On 1 September 1983 Korean Air Lines Flight 007 was shot down by a Soviet fighter plane en route from New York to Seoul near Sakhalin Island, resulting in the deaths of all 269 passengers and crew.

On 27 June 1980, Aerolinee Itavia Flight 870 between Bologna and Sicily in Italy crashed near Naples with the loss of all 81 on board. The Italians claim a French navy aircraft shot it down, something the French have always denied. Other theories include a stray missile fired by the Italians or a terrorist attack.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:53 PM
abelard

Originally Posted by r_adical
That used to get shock and awe on the perpetrator,
Did you notice how well that's worked out lately?
Old 07-24-2014, 08:41 AM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

This entire thread is a train wreck because the topic cannot be discussed in a meaningful way due to the political nature of the subject matter. And as such, it mostly violates the RCU rules by its very existance. Most of the comments are baseless opinion, save a few with relevant, politics-free facts. The rest of it could be labelled as worthless drivel by smallest of children on the shortest of busses. The moderation has been lacking and inconsistant at best. Its a perfect example of why RCU has taken a massive nose dive in popularity amongst people who enjoy the hobby.

I've sent several requests for moderation, again. I hope someone with strong moderation skills can step in and clean it up properly this time.

Last edited by RBardin; 07-24-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling