Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Lost

Old 09-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Villa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost

I am 78 years old and now I am completely lost. I had MY FORUM all set up and everything seems to have changed. Can someone help me? I don't even know what questions To ask. I have been here about one hour and I have made no headway. If I get no help I will have to drop RCUniverse.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Villa,
When we upgraded to vBulletin we tried to keep as much of the look and feel of the old RCU as we could. Of course we could do that for all of it, but I think we did a pretty good job. What are you having difficulties with?? I'm sure all the members of RCU, as well as the staff here, would be more than willing to help you out. So let us know so that we can help

Ken
Old 09-04-2014, 05:05 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Villa I am about to hit seventy and I can remember many fine conversations with you over the past. My apologies as I have many of the same computer problems as you and I am as far from being a techie as can be and still communicate by this wonderful medium. I would hate to see you drop out so allow me to suggest my solution to most of the problems.

These days most of the local clubs LHS certainly the two I belong to as well as all the ones I visit for various events are a gold mine of fellows who are quite knowledgeable with this computer stuff and willing to come an help me with my problems. Often for free or in exchange for simple airplane repairs and even helping then with simple demonstration on covering or building techniques Sometimes it funny while I am the one who is computer challenged I have been helped by ones who needed help with their radios, go figure

Concerning RCU's most recent changes things are working OK for me currently although I miss the links on most pages for Tower hobby. I do realize those were paid links by tower but they greatly facilitated adding direct links to a post when illustrating what type or where to get a particular product. This despite whether or not it was tower where it was purchased.

Anyway good speaking with you.

John