Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flying Models

Old 09-17-2014, 12:08 PM
somiss1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying Models

Is Flying Models still publishing? Last issue shown on Website is June and I didn't get that one.
Frank
Old 09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Flying Models has stopped publishing. There are some rumblings of it being picked up by another publishing house.

It is with regret that Carstens Publicatons, Inc. will be closing permanently at close of business on Friday, August 22, 2014. Carstens Publications, Inc. has been a leading publisher of leading hobby magazines for over 50 years. Unfortunately the current economic climate has placed us in this position. Discussion is continuing with several parties who expressed desire to take on the continuance of the magazines. At this point there is still hope that all three titles will remain in existence. But I can offer no guarantees. We thank you for your patronage over the years, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.
--Henry R. Carstens, President
Carstens Publications, Inc.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM
somiss1

Thanks- the best US mag went down. It looks like the Brits rule!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:44 PM
jonioesque

There are some rumblings of it being picked up by another publishing house.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:07 AM
somiss1

I know that the RR mags got picked up but not FM. I'm wondering about two things-Are we going to get a refund(har-har) and poor Thayer Syme. He just took over as editor. He's a good guy!