Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Calling all Telemaster 40 people !

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Calling all Telemaster 40 people !

Old 10-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Telemaster 40 people !

I have the latest version of the Telemaster 40 from Hobby Express, and I'm at a point in the build where I am joining the wing halves. The Telemaster has something of a history of in-flight wing breakage. I am very concerned now about the wimpy little plywood sticks that they give you for a "Wing Joiner". Have you taken any additional steps in joining the wing at the center ? Have you substituted for the little wing joiner ( small plywood spar,) that they give you ? Are you using fiberglass cloth at the center seam top and bottom of wing, or just the bottom ?

I'd really appreciate knowing of any changes that you might have taken in building your Telemaster 40. And last but not least, how's it flying, and holding up ?

Ed

Last edited by Ed; 10-11-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:29 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I have the latest version of the Telemaster 40 from Hobby Express, and I'm at a point in the build where I am joining the wing halves. The Telemaster has something of a history of in-flight wing breakage. I am very concerned now about the wimpy little plywood sticks that they give you for a "Wing Joiner". Have you taken any additional steps in joining the wing at the center ? Have you substituted for the little wing joiner ( small plywood spar,) that they give you ? Are you using fiberglass cloth at the center seam top and bottom of wing, or just the bottom ?

I'd really appreciate knowing of any changes that you might have taken in building your Telemaster 40. And last but not least, how's it flying, and holding up ?

Ed
I have an older version that was kit built by someone else. He had fiberglass cloth at the center and bottom of the wing. I've had the plane now 3 years, and fly it like a 3D model, have had no issues at all with the wing, which is held on by two plastic screws too. It's my 4th Telemaster, love them! Still waiting on a good deal on the 12 footer.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:51 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

We have one that was originally built some 30 years ago or so we guess. It has been through so many hands, crashed and repaired so many times, sometimes repaired well and sometimes not so well, and it still flies great. Looks like hell. We have decided that the old bird has earned a new strip down, repair whatever needs to be repaired, and recovered this winter. It has been a good one. We aren't even sure who owns it as it has parts from several folks on it. We have a couple of community planes that first one guy will take home and then another any anyone flies them who has the desire.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:12 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Mine was built by my son some 25 years ago. Still going strong. I know it has fiberglass cloth in the center section.