Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Old 03-20-2020, 02:41 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, Iím more convinced now that I probably had the coronavirus. I was watching CNN Wolf Blitzer interview a Representative who contracted the virus. He was at home recovering. He said ďhe was as sick as Iíve ever beenĒ. He had labored breathing and felt like he had a belt tight around his chest. He had sore muscles that were painful when he coughed and he coughed often. He got winded while walking. He also still had a fever and was into his 7-8th day. Getting better.

Similar to what I had. Except I did not have labored breathing nor tight congestion in my chest. I do remember those painful coughs and constant coughs. And it was the worst sickness I ever had.

Only difference was that his symptoms came on slowly. Mine came on fast. We both donít know how we got it. He got tested. I just stayed home. Also my bout happened well before extensive news coverage of the virus.

Be aware of the symptoms if suddenly you start feeling like you are getting sick.

Sanjay Gupta, CNN, responding to viewer questions stated that with limited research cases O blood type tend to be at lower risk. A blood type higher risk. Also that if you get the virus and recover there is a good chance of building an immunity. Iím O type blood.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:24 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 275 Likes on 240 Posts

According to a molecular biologist I know who is plugged into the research that is false statement there is no correlation to blood type. The virus does NOT attach to red blood cells. That is why a blood test will NOT detect the Corona Virus. He got into the science of it and got way over my head real fast. He also said there are a lot o false claims floating around the web and Gupta was taken in by one of them.. Drinking a lot of water and taking NSAIDs like ibprophenine (Advil, Motrin) are equally false. The reason they draw blood is to eliminate other diseases.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 03-20-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:36 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

You should probably get tested just to make sure. People who have had it will test positive for it after they are better, so just to make sure you aren't a carrier.

I got new mirrors and lenses for my laser today, wow what a difference. The original lens was crap, darker in color, and didn't focus very well. The new lens I can see clearly through it and it will focus on things. The mirrors are copper with a golden polish on them. I ran some setup tests and had to make a new gauge because the original gauge was too far away for a clean sharp cut. I dug out my plexiglas and made a few from it, first time cutting that stuff too. Once I got the gauge set, I went ahead and made some test cuts on materials I had issues with before and now can cut clean through with more accuracy. It still chars 6 ply too much for my liking so will stick to 3 ply birch for now. Once I get an 80W tube, I should be able to make cleaner cuts through 6 ply. I had to crank to 80% of 80%, which was 20ma on the meter, too much power for my liking for the cheap chinese tube, don't want to risk a burnout. I limit power to 18ma just to make it last. Tried it out on 1/4" lite ply that gave me trouble last time, and once I got the speed and power set, got a really nice clean cut with one pass. I also got the size of the stab leading edge doubler corrected and it fits well. Need to cut a new firewall and wing bolt plate. I also need to recut the 6 ply sheet with a 3 ply, as those parts, while they do fit, are charred too much and have blowout on one side, so they wont have a tight fit.

I am almost ready for cutting my first retail kit! WOOT. I have a little more tweaking of parts for a better fit, but other than that, I can get a kit ready by next week. Once I get this one set, I will go back to the Liberty Sport and finish the fuselage parts and get a couple of those cut so I can send them out.

I also have a new 2" lens, it is supposed to work for cutting thicker materials, but has a larger diameter burn pattern, and requires a bit more power. I will get it aligned and make a gauge for that one too, but will stick with the 1.5 lens for now.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:46 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Flyer yes there is little known about this virus and misinformation can happen. My case was so early I didnít know anything about a virus. I thought I was fighting a cold or a flu. Iíve had both. This was nothing like either. It got really painful once the constant coughing started. In a news video shown yesterday, of an Italian hospital, you could hear all the coughing going.

The Blitzer interview was the first time I heard someone describe how he got sick and what he was feeling. Except as I described earlier, I went through the same thing.

acdii, good point. After that interview I started thinking a test should be done. Not sure where to get a test in my area. Iíll start checking into it this Monday. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:19 AM
acdii

Call your doc and describe what you went through, that is the only way right now to get tested. They don't test walk ins. If they did it would overwhelm the system that never got fixed with ACA.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:43 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

good morning! I think I am getting over this COLD? All my symptoms have lessened and I am breathing much better, Getting tested for the virus is a good thing to know but I concentrated on not spreading what I had and decreasing my symptoms.

Common sense health practices should be used at all times ........... like not touching door handles, keep your hands clean, cover your mouth when you cough , drink plenty of liquids, I found rinsing my throat and sinuses stopped the soreness and opened my passages, Listerine helps, get plenty of rest (sleep) I stopped my coughing by rinsing my throat with water and clearing out the phlegm, I mentioned the Neti pot before....a word to the wise is sufficient, I even sucked the treated water out of the Neti pot cautiously up into my sinuses which broke up the blockage and improved my breathing, the water and phlegm just ran out of my mouth without any choking at all. for me, the trick is to prevent the phlegm from entering my chest were it really intensifies The listerene rinsing works best for that. (Not in the neti pot)

I listen to all these so called experts but they never seem to have any solid answers so I do what works for me. I definitely do not listen to our orange faced leader. Or rely on the health system to solve all my problems But I do try what makes sense to me. No two people react the same.

Passing on what I have done for me may help you.

stay safe!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:35 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ETpilot
Well, Iím more convinced now that I probably had the coronavirus. I was watching CNN Wolf Blitzer interview a Representative who contracted the virus. He was at home recovering. He said ďhe was as sick as Iíve ever beenĒ. He had labored breathing and felt like he had a belt tight around his chest. He had sore muscles that were painful when he coughed and he coughed often. He got winded while walking. He also still had a fever and was into his 7-8th day. Getting better.

Similar to what I had. Except I did not have labored breathing nor tight congestion in my chest. I do remember those painful coughs and constant coughs. And it was the worst sickness I ever had. Only difference was that his symptoms came on slowly. Mine came on fast. We both donít know how we got it. He got tested. I just stayed home. Also my bout happened well before extensive news coverage of the virus.
What I have read thus far, appears it attacks the lower respiratory systems giving symptoms of pneumonia. There are many cold / flu type viruses out there, not mentioned by media some 20,000 died of flu last year in US alone. What makes it different is that it has a great potential to kill than the others.

What does this mean? Probably more opportunities to build model planes, plus with less people at the flying field, do some flying too. One needs to survive and have fun while doing it, no?

Also, may be besides just keeping track of our own personal interests, share a few words of encouragement to those who remain about us, whom we still have contact with even with the limited exposure measures in place? For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits his own self? Luke 9:25 (WEB)
Old 03-21-2020, 11:45 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 155 Likes on 130 Posts

[QUOTE=GallopingGhostler;12590995]....

What does this mean? Probably more opportunities to build model planes, plus with less people at the flying field, do some flying too. One needs to survive and have fun while doing it, no? .../QUOTE]

Not in La Belle France it doesn't!

We're all under house arrest at least until the end of the month! Sure we can get on with some building but flying is out of the question. Quite a lot of flying events have been canelled in the UK too.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:57 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
What does this mean? Probably more opportunities to build model planes, plus with less people at the flying field, do some flying too. One needs to survive and have fun while doing it, no?
Not in La Belle France it doesn't! We're all under house arrest at least until the end of the month! Sure we can get on with some building but flying is out of the question. Quite a lot of flying events have been cancelled in the UK too.
I can only speak of my own and those in similar situation locally. We all are under medical martial law to varying degrees. I haven't been down to the flying park, but it is possible ours may be closed, too since it belongs to the city. I gather that your situation is much more extreme which is unfortunate.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:31 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

128 deaths in France on 19th March. The situation in Italy is much more serious with 793 deaths on 21st.

Keep calm and carry on building I suppose.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/21/...ions-worldwide

Old 03-22-2020, 07:04 AM
acdii

Here is something to make you go, huh?

Virulent virus outbreak world wide.. Pestilence, one of the 4 horsemen
Near earth hit of an asteroid...
Earthquake in SLC 100 miles south of a super volcano...
Locust swarms in Africa........Famine, another of the 4 horsemen

2020 is starting out with a BANG.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:19 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Originally Posted by acdii
Here is something to make you go, huh?

2020 is starting out with a BANG.
So we've only got War and Death to go!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:33 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
So we've only got War and Death to go!
Ayep

Came close with Iran.

Considering how many are dying from Covid, maybe Death is already here too.

Egads, now you made me consider that one too. I need to get back to my shop and sniff smoke from the laser now.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:43 AM
donnyman

The statistics is interesting but it wont keep you alive, we need to know how to fight against this virus. We received a report which appeared to come from China, autopsy has shown the virus enters your lungs and solidifies. cold drinks is a no no, warm drinks break up the phlegm in your throat that drains into your lungs so blocking the sinus drainage to the lungs appears to block the virus (this makes sense to me) The virus is carried on your body and clothes so bathing and changing into clean clothes every day is important. the virus can survive on metal surfaces up to NINE DAYS. sunlight kills the virus, door knobs is something to avoid. Wash your hands often.

How many people are infected is important but we as individuals need to know how to protect ourselves, so far all I have heard from or leaders is bumbling bulls--- and they think throwing money at a system that should have been built up a long time ago is the answer, the system is in the catch up mode, meanwhile you are on your own. because someone tried to save money. and build a wall, none the less I don't care about the money I want to know how to stay healthy. (The news media is failing us here)

If the leaders had any idea of what is really going on vice PRES. Pence would not have the virus. why don't we have more information on protection/prevention.

Gentlemen we the people need to protect ourselves, Calmly, in a common sense manner, if you think your going to be ok without taking health precautions you may learn otherwise.
I know I sound like a alarmist but I only want to help there is a lot of balsa out there that needs your T. L. C.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:12 AM
acdii

The virus has been here since at the very least November of last year. The breakout happened in Wuhan late October. Travel from China was ongoing until it was finally stopped in early February, and Trump was called Racist for doing so. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. Didn't matter anyway, it was already here, and has already spread. I would not be surprised if 40% is already infected. Obama is to blame for how poorly our healthcare system is, that stupid Obamacare is worthless, did NOTHING to fix the healthcare system, it only drove up costs, and forced good doctors to seek professions elsewhere. He had a perfect chance there to actually FIX it, instead all it did was screw up insurance plans and forced people to have insurance. Trump has been trying to fix it since he gained office, but the Democrats have been against him every step of the way and the only thing he has been able to accomplish is through Executive orders. If people would pay attention to what he has been doing over the past 3+ years, instead of listening to the buttheads on the MSM, they would know what he has been doing to fix it.

But no, too much TDS getting in the way of finding the information because orange man bad. I know the type of person Trump is, he is an arrogant egotistical Alpha male. I worked for someone like him, and can spot the type, but I also know how to read between the lines and understand "Trump speak". He is doing the best he can with the crap he has available. It is not his fault all pharmaceutical components come from China. It is something he has been fighting to get back HERE since he was elected. All this talk about cutting this, or cutting that. There are reasons he did it, but the MSM wont tell you that, only that Orange man bad. Seek the truth, it is out there, and not from MSM.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 AM
donnyman

[QUOTE=acdii;12591149]Here is something to make you go, huh?

2020 is starting out with a BANG.[/QUOTE

I wonder how many realize you speak from REVELATIONS?
Old 03-22-2020, 08:40 AM
FlyerInOKC

The virus has been here since at the very least November of last year. The breakout happened in Wuhan late October. Travel from China was ongoing until it was finally stopped in early February, and Trump was called Racist for doing so. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. Didn't matter anyway, it was already here, and has already spread. I would not be surprised if 40% is already infected. Obama is to blame for how poorly our healthcare system is, that stupid Obamacare is worthless, did NOTHING to fix the healthcare system,.
You are totally off base on Obamacare. I had a bout of unemployment due to a layoff and Obamacare was the only way I could get health coverage I could afford. The Cobra Plan was worthless it exceeded my unemployment insurance payments. It was Obamacare that kept my cardiac patient wife alive and made it to where we able to pay for the prescriptions for both of us. We are not alone in the need for coverage. With the mass unemployment going on right now due to the Corona virus the number of people signing up for Obamacare will explode. We have heard a lot talk about replacing it for years from a lot of politicians but I haven't seen one proposal in writing. I say kill it when you present a better plan but unless you can leave it alone. It saves lives and the number of people paying insurance thru it goes up every year.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:56 AM
donnyman

The virus has been here since at the very least November of last year. The breakout happened in Wuhan late October. Travel from China was ongoing until it was finally stopped in early February, and Trump was called Racist for doing so. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. Didn't matter anyway, it was already here, and has already spread. I would not be surprised if 40% is already infected. Obama is to blame for how poorly our healthcare system is, that stupid Obamacare is worthless, did NOTHING to fix the healthcare system, it only drove up costs, and forced good doctors to seek professions elsewhere. He had a perfect chance there to actually FIX it, instead all it did was screw up insurance plans and forced people to have insurance. Trump has been trying to fix it since he gained office, but the Democrats have been against him every step of the way and the only thing he has been able to accomplish is through Executive orders. If people would pay attention to what he has been doing over the past 3+ years, instead of listening to the buttheads on the MSM, they would know what he has been doing to fix it.

But no, too much TDS getting in the way of finding the information because orange man bad. I know the type of person Trump is, he is an arrogant egotistical Alpha male. I worked for someone like him, and can spot the type, but I also know how to read between the lines and understand "Trump speak". He is doing the best he can with the crap he has available. It is not his fault all pharmaceutical components come from China. It is something he has been fighting to get back HERE since he was elected. All this talk about cutting this, or cutting that. There are reasons he did it, but the MSM wont tell you that, only that Orange man bad. Seek the truth, it is out there, and not from MSM.
I do not necessarily agree but what you say is exactly how I feel that happened to our passed administration in many ways...... mostly what I see is those who stall and block instead of trying to workout a better solution or compromise is the problem.
Hearing the other persons point of view always gives me pause, there is always two sides to every story. with respect .......THanks!
The following users liked this post:
acdii (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 03:18 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Simple solutions to health care:
1) Put all of congress under it (remember they are exempt)
2) Have a gov't program that ONLY insures those 'un insurable'

Now back to aviation things....do I really have to wait 30-40 minutes after mixing Klass Kote before I can spray it????
Old 03-22-2020, 03:52 PM
acdii

Originally Posted by tailskid
2) Have a gov't program that ONLY insures those 'un insurable'

Now back to aviation things....do I really have to wait 30-40 minutes after mixing Klass Kote before I can spray it????

DING! Winner winner chicken dinner! Ask Bernie if he and all of Congress will also be on Medicaid for all, or continue with their Cadillac plans while everyone else is on guvment coverage. Anyhow

For your question, the KK needs to link up before you spray it. It's a cross link type epoxy that has to rest prior to application once it is blended so that the two parts can properly meld. It also reduces air bubbles. If you just mix it and spray it, then is may not cure properly.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:57 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by tailskid
Oh! I like that idea! I would also suggest limiting state legislators total pay and benefits to be the same as the average primary school teacher earns in their state.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:08 PM
acdii

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Oh! I like that idea! I would also suggest limiting state legislators total pay and benefits to be the same as the average primary school teacher earns in their state.
Really? That much? How about minimum wage and they pay their own health care and 401K. Do that and we wont need term limits.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:08 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Well its been quite awhile since I last visited here but its so nice to see that the thread is alive and doing well and hopefully everyone is taking all the necessary precautions to keep the COVID 19 virus at bay. Well I 'm here seeking advice in regards to how I have been balance charging my 3S Turnigy Life 9.9 volt 2000 Ma Futaba Tx battery. The battery came supplied with two power leads and a balance tab and so far I have always removed the battery from the Tx to connect it to the charger to charge it. I am now wondering if it would do the Tx or battery any harm if I left it connected to the Tx and used the battery's other power lead to charge it. Your thoughts please.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:14 PM
FlyerInOKC

Really? That much? How about minimum wage and they pay their own health care and 401K. Do that and we wont need term limits.
We already have term limits in this state.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:18 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by karolh
Well its been quite awhile since I last visited here but its so nice to see that the thread is alive and doing well and hopefully everyone is taking all the necessary precautions to keep the COVID 19 virus at bay. Well I 'm here seeking advice in regards to how I have been balance charging my 3S Turnigy Life 9.9 volt 2000 Ma Futaba Tx battery. The battery came supplied with two power leads and a balance tab and so far I have always removed the battery from the Tx to connect it to the charger to charge it. I am now wondering if it would do the Tx or battery any harm if I left it connected to the Tx and used the battery's other power lead to charge it. Your thoughts please.
I don't like the idea of charging any LiPo in anything except a nonflammable container. All it takes is one unforeseen event to cause a fire and the loss of your TX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.