Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Old 09-24-2020, 05:18 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

OK I had the right side heart cath and passed! The doctors are still scratching their heads trying to figure out what is causing my chest pains and fatigue and caused the right side of my heart to enlarge.Good luck on the fifth Donny!
Old 09-24-2020, 05:57 PM
bisco

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad you passed! did you get a covid test?
Old 09-24-2020, 07:53 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by bisco View Post
glad you passed! did you get a covid test?
You have to pass a COVID test before you can have the procedure so I had my 4th test and like the first 3 it was negative. We don't go anywhere much and we always wear a mask so that helps.
The following users liked this post:
bisco (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:37 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Everybody seems to be sharing their construction and medical stories so here are mine.

I shall be driving to England on Sunday to stay with Miss Blue Eyes until the New Year. If all goes well between us, then I'll sell up over here and move back to England permanently. I thought it would be a good idea to get checked for Covid 19 so I had it done in the local pharmacy yesterday. It only took twelve minutes and I'm pleased to say that it came out negative. Cost me 18. I'm still taking pills to thin my blood a bit but from today I'm down to one tablet a day instead of two.

I've booked a place on the overnight ferry Caen to Portsmouth with the two tonner. Cost me 285. I'll be taking my 955cc Triumph back home in the back of the van to sell to my best mate. After holding a motorcycle licence for over 56 years I believe I've come to the end of the road. He's fifteen years younger than me so it'll be alright for him. Maybe I'll buy a little 650 Suzuki V twin, but probably not. I shall also be taking a couple of models and a half-built Super 60 which Miss Blue Eyes and I are going to finish. I'm supposed to be teaching her how to build and fly. I will have to self isolate for two weeks so I'll have the time to get on with the construction.Picture of one of my old Super 60s below.

Under French Law, if your house has shutters on the windows, and if you leave your house empty for more than a few weeks without closing the shutters and if the house is burgled, the house insurance will not cover you. My house has three windows to the front and three to the rear. Each window has two shutters. Each shutter is a concertina of three panels of made up from wooden slats. I had them sand blasted back to the wood a couple of years ago and primed, undercoated, painted and fitted the front ones but never bothered with the back ones until earlier this week. The house is built into the side of a slope so if burglars wanted to break in from the rear, they would need a ladder. So that's three windows, six shutters, each shutter made up of three panels, therefore eighteen panels to be primed, undercoated, painted and installed. I started the process on on Monday and finished at about 17.00 yesterday. I was so exhausted I went to bed for a couple of hours but at least the job's done! Pictures to follow.

So I've two days to sort out the bureaucracy, pack and check the van over. It's 287 miles to the port which I'm not looking forward to plus a further 140 miles on the other side driving a lhd two tonner on the left hand side of the road again. I'll be arriving at 06.45 on Monday so at least I'll be rested. The boys from the model aeroplane club are going to give me a hand to load the bike into the van tomorrow evening after flying. I've not yet decided whether to wear the stockings for the trip!

Wish me luck.

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 09-24-2020 at 10:40 PM.
bisco (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 04:36 AM
FlyerInOKC

David, you could always trade the Triumph in for one of theses. That way Miss Blue Eyes could chauffeur you around.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:44 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Sidecar's on the wrong side pour Angleterre!
Old 09-25-2020, 05:21 AM
FlyerInOKC

That is so you can sidecar drive (motorcycle version of a backseat driver)!
Old 09-25-2020, 07:09 AM
acdii

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 09-25-2020, 08:35 AM
donnyman

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
OK I had the right side heart cath and passed! The doctors are still scratching their heads trying to figure out what is causing my chest pains and fatigue and caused the right side of my heart to enlarge.Good luck on the fifth Donny!
God bless! I can only hope my results is as good as yours. The question is now what? take care

The roofers are banging all over the place maybe they will finish some time tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:47 AM
FlyerInOKC

That was my wife's thought, "What's next and can be get the answer before the autopsy?"
Old 09-25-2020, 09:13 AM
donnyman

[QUOTE=FlyerInOKC;12634468]That was my wife's thought, "What's next and can be get the answer before the autopsy?"[/QUOTE

Autopsy? That's not something to swet. You will be around for a long while.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:37 AM
donnyman

This must be the month for me and mine to be in the medical pickle barrel, I have all these test to see if I am alive but my wife was doing fine until she got a flu shot, four or five hours later I had to call E.M.S. for her, we guess she had a negative reaction, her eyes were blood red with a lot of other stuff going wrong. it lasted several hours before things settled down and she slept well thru the night. this is her first flu shot in over fifteen years, the shot used to give her the flu, my son has the same problem except his turns into pneumonia he wont go anywhere near a flu shot. me? on problems.

The roof people finished my house in one day, it looks fabulous, I only wish I could of had them do other roof repairs.

This thread has been mighty quiet.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:51 AM
FlyerInOKC

I hope your wife gets back to normal real soon!
I had an accident with the Pink N' Poke project and broke the vertical stabilizer so now I have to fix that so I can finish the covering. I still don't have any energy to do anything. The wife goes in for surgery next Monday, we are hoping the cancer hasn't spread.
Its amazing how fast a good roofing crew can work. Did they replace the roof decking too? I don't know about Texas but the building code had changed up here and I got a free upgrade to a better shingle than I had when mine was done last year. What kind of shingles did they use?

Mike
Old 09-28-2020, 09:53 AM
bisco

glad she's feeling better!
i'm supposed to get my flu shot next month

hasn't been a prolem before, so, fingers crossed. i'm 65, so theres an option for high test, but since we're isolating anyway, i think i'll stick with regular.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:13 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

I arrived safely at Miss Blue Eyes' house in the south-west of England today at about 12.00 local time, rather tired after the journey and sea crossing. Now I've got a period of a fortnight's quarantine. Plenty of time to build the Super 60 referred to in 8629.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:26 PM
bisco

glad you made it back safely and on time.
i'm doing the same thing, that's what quarantine is for!
Old 09-28-2020, 12:42 PM
FlyerInOKC

David, sounds like a good plan! Just don't go adding 5 kgs eating Miss Blue Eyes cooking!
Old 09-28-2020, 03:27 PM
flyboy2610
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
the shot used to give her the flu
I can relate to that! The only times in my adult life I've had the flu is after a flu shot. No more for me, thanks!
Old 09-28-2020, 11:16 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Picture of your humble servant in the Shrewsbury Town Football Club jersey, instructing a new Belgian club member called Franz about a fortnight ago. He must be making progress because I am holding my transmitter in only one hand!

bisco (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 02:26 AM
ETpilot

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yesterday I was doing battle with a tire bead. I had to replace the leaking valve stem. This tire beat me to death. I tried every which way to break that bead. In the end I had to give up. The bead would not pop open. Today I take it to the tire shop. First bead I could not pop open. I admit defeat.

On the plus side while I was working I hear this loud roar. I said to myself that is a military jet. I look up and see this B-52 shooting across the sky a couple of miles away. I rush to get my phone out for a picture but could not get set up in time. It had gone to a speck in the sky.

So I go back to work. A while later I heard the roar again. This time I had time to get the phone ready. I managed to get 2 quick shots which were not easy as he was moving along pretty good.

He was flying the same old military training route that existed years ago. I used to be able to see B-52s and A-10s flying formation. And a few fighter jets. Same flight pattern. I wonder if they are restarting that training flight pattern.

Old 09-29-2020, 04:43 AM
FlyerInOKC

The B-52 is quite the bird, she has been a workhorse for the USAF!
Old 09-29-2020, 05:44 AM
bisco

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK View Post
Picture of your humble servant in the Shrewsbury Town Football Club jersey, instructing a new Belgian club member called Franz about a fortnight ago. He must be making progress because I am holding my transmitter in only one hand!

that's the panicked look on my face the whole time i'm flying what airplane is he training on?
Old 09-29-2020, 06:26 AM
acdii

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

How are they connected? I don't see a training cable?

So how is it that I haven't been anywhere, my kids haven't been anywhere, yet I have what I believe may be a cold? It is probably just my body getting tired of being cooped up in a musty basement for over 6 months. Been having sinus issues for several weeks now, especially at night, as soon as I lay down one of both close up and I have to use nasal spray in order to breathe. Now I have phlegm in my chest, and wind up coughing half the day. By noon I'm ok, but feel worn out from the coughing and sinus pressure. I would like to get back to the office, but they mandate a mask at all times, and there is no way I could do that without having a full blown panic attack. Just 5 minutes with a mask and I am sweating and short of breath.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:31 AM
FlyerInOKC

Sounds like you could be reacting to some mold in the basement, can you setup something upstairs and away from the basement to see if it clears up?
Old 09-29-2020, 06:40 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
I hope your wife gets back to normal real soon!
I had an accident with the Pink N' Poke project and broke the vertical stabilizer so now I have to fix that so I can finish the covering. I still don't have any energy to do anything. The wife goes in for surgery next Monday, we are hoping the cancer hasn't spread.
Its amazing how fast a good roofing crew can work. Did they replace the roof decking too? I don't know about Texas but the building code had changed up here and I got a free upgrade to a better shingle than I had when mine was done last year. What kind of shingles did they use?

Mike
I add your wife to my prayers
The type of shingle used on my house is much stronger than the three flapper used in the past this is my third installation with only a very small spot of decking replacement. I built this house using 30 pound black felt underlayment that was still good so new undelayment was put on top of that before the shingles it was gray (improvement?) these shingles are thicker to resist lifting which was a problem in the past, they cost a bit more but should be trouble free. they look great. I don't have to involve the powers that be in regards to my roof so no swet there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.