Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Old 10-01-2020, 03:18 PM
bisco

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

what do you use the barn for?
Old 10-01-2020, 04:48 PM
acdii

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts

So if anyone likes Chinese food and likes to cook, look up videos by Chop Chop absorb whats useful. I just made his General Tso's and it was excellent. Made a couple of his others and they were very good too.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:24 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bisco
what do you use the barn for?
The area Iím repairing is 3 horse stalls I now use for storage. Steel for welding, fencing supplies and hand tools. Iíll be using one for out of the weather firewood storage. I have access to free wood pallets so I will use those to keep things off the ground.

The main part of the barn I store a metal boat, enclosed moving trailer, tractor and implements and a welding trailer. Also odds and ends stuff I may need to store. Just a handy building to have.

The following users liked this post:
bisco (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 06:23 AM
donnyman

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

I don't need no stinking mask.................................... ...... Got covid ????????????????????????
bisco (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 06:52 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 129 Likes on 110 Posts

A few days ago the President of France visited Lithuania and inspected a guard of honour. Notice anything?

bisco (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 07:28 AM
acdii

Yeah, but Social distancing!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:32 AM
bisco

Originally Posted by ETpilot
The area Iím repairing is 3 horse stalls I now use for storage. Steel for welding, fencing supplies and hand tools. Iíll be using one for out of the weather firewood storage. I have access to free wood pallets so I will use those to keep things off the ground.

The main part of the barn I store a metal boat, enclosed moving trailer, tractor and implements and a welding trailer. Also odds and ends stuff I may need to store. Just a handy building to have.
i do similar with an old 6 stall horse barn. pick up, potting room, riding mower, storage, small workshop and a little upstairs storage.

i put a concrete floor in a few years back, really makes it nice.

right now, the pick up is outside, and we're using it for covid gatherings.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:07 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 338 Likes on 270 Posts

Lets not start the political stuff again
Old 10-02-2020, 08:09 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 247 Likes on 221 Posts

Looks like COVID just got a lot more real for some people. You had to see it coming.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:02 AM
acdii

What is never being reported is how many positive cases are actually sick? Of those that are sick, how badly? We personally know a few people now who tested positive, yet had zero symptoms, a couple that were mild, and only one where they said it was no worse than the flu. It's not that we think it a hoax, we know it is out there, but what is not being presented is the whole truth of it, and that is what is important. We do know hospitalizations are down, and so are the deaths, but what we don't know is how many are actually sick. My sister in law is a nurse and she has also seen a huge reduction of Covid case in the hospital she works in, as of last week, there were a total of 2, and the hospital serves a good portion of McHenry county. Shut downs are being based off the total number of cases, and the shut downs are affecting a larger number of people in ways the virus won't. Around by me there are already several businesses gone for good now, which is pretty sad.

Good luck on the job market, hope you can find something soon. More and More companies are switching to telecommuting since they are finding out it is becoming more productive in some cases. If anything the Vid has done is changed how people view work from home now. My company was strict, you are either in the office or on PTO, no work from home, and they are now coming around on it since we have been at home for over 6 month now and productivity is actually up.

Saves me about $250 a month in fuel and thousands of miles of wear and tear has been kept off, but on the flip side my health has gone down a bit from being cooped up in a musty basement 10 hours a day, and not getting out much since by the time I'm done it is close to dinner time and with everything still pretty much shut down here, no place to go to.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:42 AM
FlyerInOKC

I have been working from home for 11 years now I love it. The commute in the morning is from the coffee pot to the desk. No worries on traffic or bad weather just the rare power/internet outage.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:11 AM
donnyman

I just got back from my covid test, I think they poked a hole in my brain, this is in preparation for my Cardiac Catheterization Monday.

They told me if I get a call from my doctor I am in trouble so I don't want to hear from him for now for sure.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:17 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
I have been working from home for 11 years now I love it. The commute in the morning is from the coffee pot to the desk. No worries on traffic or bad weather just the rare power/internet outage.

That I do have to agree with 100%. My morning commute has to deal with the furry traffic I have to step around with a coffee mug in one hand and a cup of juice in the other. I do miss the camaraderie of the office though because I work with a great group, and it just isn't the same over teams, but at least I don't have to sit at my desk suffocating with a mask on and having panic attacks, so there is that. Going to get a room air purifier though for down here, that will help greatly with the sinus. Now if I only had a bathroom here. I have a mini fridge, a coffee maker, actually three of them, a TV, a microwave, and plenty to keep me busy. Working on a B-17 model during lulls in work. I did the left wing decals yesterday, just need to wipe down the decal set, and move to the other wing, then the fuse and give it all another coat of flat clear, then flip over and do the bottom before attempting the weathering.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:19 AM
acdii

Originally Posted by donnyman
I just got back from my covid test, I think they poked a hole in my brain, this is in preparation for my Cardiac Catheterization Monday.

They told me if I get a call from my doctor I am in trouble so I don't want to hear from him for now for sure.
let me guess, long ass swab up the nasal cavity and then swirl it around. I think I am getting a nose bleed just thinking about it
Old 10-02-2020, 10:21 AM
bisco

shut downs here are based on positive test percentage, and hospital capacity, especially icu. while we don't have data on grades of sickness, suffice to say that most working in hospitals have seen way too much.

late summer was pretty good, and things began opening up, but the numbers are ticking up with back to school, sports and cooler weather, along with more indoor venue's that have opened.

my dil's uncle (57 y.o.) came down with it a couple days ago, shortly after attending an unmasked, outdoor pig roast.

he became more and more ill, and has now been hospitalized. no known previous health issues. we are all praying for him.

plenty of stories of people who have had it for months, and not fully recovered. heart and lung inflamation, etc.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:29 AM
acdii

I ran across an interesting statistic the other day. Some 550 schools were surveyed two weeks after opening. They broke it down into remote learning, where all students were at home, only staff in schools, full class room learning where students and teachers were in class, and hybrid where students were part time home and in class. What was very interesting was the full time had the lowest infection rate, even lower than the remote learning staff. 21 in 100k, vs 24 in 100K. That one had me scratching my head. Now you would think the full time would have the highest rate, but it turns out the highest rate was the Hybrid where the children alternated between home and classroom. I will see if I can find that report, I think I saw it earlier this week. It was just the staff who were tested, not the children.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:47 AM
donnyman

I do not believe anyone has any solid info, but just plain common sense says protect yourself. a lot of bad info is/has been passed around for one reason or the other, so If you are going to throw common sense to the curb and be froggy. don't get your feelings hurt when you croak!

Old 10-02-2020, 11:32 AM
acdii

Be froggy? Sorry, sitting here cackling at that, can't laugh or I start coughing hard. Damned sinus post nasal drip gets in my lungs when I sleep and takes half a day to clear out. You are correct though, just use common sense as you would to protect yourself from the flu and any other contagion. I don't trust anything anyone puts out anymore unless it can be backed up with proof. Still haven't found that site about the statistics, I have my browser set to delete everything when I close it.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:47 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by donnyman

Trust me I know your pain. My fourth COVID test will be on 10/12 for the Nuclear Pulmonary test I'm having 10/15. I wonder how many you have to have before you glow in the dark?
Old 10-02-2020, 12:22 PM
acdii

Is that the one where you are stress tested, then injected and lay down inside some machine? I had to have that done a few years ago. They found nothing.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:49 PM
FlyerInOKC

No, this one is of the lungs using a radioactive gas.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:23 PM
acdii

EEK, just thinking of that has me coughing.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:42 PM
FlyerInOKC

I'm not crazy about the idea either but if it finds the source of my chest pains it will be worth it. The Pulmanologist is thinking I have a blood clot(s) and he thinks this test could find it. You pay the doctors big money so why not let them do their jobs?
Old 10-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 129 Likes on 110 Posts

I saw a report on the BBC yesterday by a epidemiologist professor from Nottingham University. He said that Covid 19 was real and dangerous but even most ninety year olds in care homes who become infected survive the illness.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:54 AM
donnyman

The weather here is fantastic, but my "meds" have me a little woozy so no flying. Is it too much to ask for the weather to stay this way for a few months?

Telemaster
I am not sure anyone can predict just what will happen when the covid hits, I just wish the lies and cover ups would stop. why can't people be honest and truthful? once cover ups and lies start it seems to spread, you can't believe anything any more. no wonder people are going nuts. I read somewhere "if someone does not answer with a simple "yes" or "no" he/she is lying" ................ Let that sink in for a moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.